Gabriel Jesus - we need to discuss

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Gabriel Jesus - we need to discuss

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:02 pm

Some games he is brilliant and others he’ s crap. What’s the answer
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Re: Gabriel Jesus - we need to discuss

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:07 pm

Squad player at best but I would sell him as hes thick as shit..cannot time his runs at all.

Buy 2 forwards this summer...a top top player and another one that is on the way to becoming a top player but who understands how to stay onside.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:26 am

He’s fine to have and will score plenty but he’s no main man and we we’ll need one very very soon.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:24 am

I said it, splendid record, but never a world beater.

He is "nice to have" but that is it.

To be honest, he looks like the "new generation" of strikers. They are decent, but they do not strike fear in the hearts of the defenders. The only one I've seen doing that is Haaland, but the rest are meh, including Lautaro who is no Sergio.

I think football is lacking goal machines and top top defenders.

But still, I want him to stay as he looks like a nice lad and a decent human.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby aaron bond » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:29 am

He's a very good striker and a good option to have as a number 2.

But he's not going to replace Aguero. If Aguero does indeed leave in 2021 we are going to have to spend big to get someone who can come close to replacing him.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:22 am

Get Kane - simple.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:28 am

Hazy2 wrote:Get Kane - simple.

Fuck that ! Rather have Gab Jesus work rate than that sack of shit .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 am

Nothing wrong with Gab. His movement for a couple of our goals was spot on.

People saying he won’t replace Aguero need to wake up - WE’RE NOT GOING TO REPLACE AGUERO!! Just like we didn’t replace Yaya.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:32 am

aaron bond wrote:He's a very good striker and a good option to have as a number 2.

But he's not going to replace Aguero. If Aguero does indeed leave in 2021 we are going to have to spend big to get someone who can come close to replacing him.

Agree with this balanced view . Gab will never be another Aguero nobody ever will . He does however offer us something different with his movement and tireless work rate for the team . Still young give the kid some time ! Firmino was fucking gash last night and has been for most of the season and the absolute state of the cunt looks like a Thai ladyboy ffs , Gab still has time on his hands .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:45 am

Mase wrote:Nothing wrong with Gab. His movement for a couple of our goals was spot on.

People saying he won’t replace Aguero need to wake up - WE’RE NOT GOING TO REPLACE AGUERO!! Just like we didn’t replace Yaya.

Agree.

He seems a confidence player, bit like Sterling, same finishing issues that Sterling suffers from, know they can do it and do it with style but regularly seem to second guess themselves.

I think the issue with his offsides, which is over exaggerated, is that he wasn't a striker as a youth, it's not drilled into him, experience could fix that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:51 am

City64 wrote:

That sack of shit is the England captain, we get 30 goals and much more. if is work rate you want mate get fit and you can run around, I like him is he good enough for KDB to supply know he is a level below sadly as he has a lot to admire.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:06 am

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:

That sack of shit is the England captain, we get 30 goals and much more. if is work rate you want mate get fit and you can run around, I like him is he good enough for KDB to supply know he is a level below sadly as he has a lot to admire.

Kane will never be good enough to play in a Guardiola team pal .Work rate and work ethic and movement just isn't there . Kane another media darling hence he is England captain whilst playing club football at a mid table club treading water .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:33 am

City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Kane will never be good enough to play in a Guardiola team pal .Work rate and work ethic and movement just isn't there . Kane another media darling hence he is England captain whilst playing club football at a mid table club treading water .

Agree. He’ll come with a ridiculous price tag also, that would mean we aren’t able to buy anyone else that window.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:35 am

City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Maybe an instinct finisher is what Pep needs, Bayern don't need Sane, Muller and Lewdowski are not the future.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:45 am

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Maybe an instinct finisher is what Pep needs, Bayern don't need Sane, Muller and Lewdowski are not the future.

The thing while Pep is still with City Hazy (huge season next year) is we don't really need a striker in the systems he uses . Kane would be a square peg in a round hole and as Mase rightly points out would be massively overpriced . Think also there is a lack of instinct finishers in world football generally , football has changed massively the last few years and these types of players are few and far between , Again we have been so lucky to have Aguero for so long .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:01 am

And as well as being massively overpriced and not fitting into our system he's also got a dodgy ankle that regularly needs surgery.
Gab wasn't great last night but look at him in Madrid, he was superb. Doubt he'll ever be better than Serg but nobody in the Premier League ever has been but that doesn't mean we should get rid.

I say keep him and we need another striker on top. We had Aguero, Tevez,Dzeko, Balotelli in 2012. We had Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic in 2014.
When Serg is injured and we've only got Gab then he can only rest him by playing a false number 9. We're well short in that department.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:49 am

I wouldn't be rushing Jesus out the door but he's not going to be our number 1 striker, ever.

The problem for him is If we were to sell him, I think every top team in Europe would want him, as a squad player, just like is at City. He'd need to step down a level to an Everton or Spurs to get a guaranteed start upfront, even then, I'm not sure he's a 20 goals a season striker.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:12 pm

You're ALL wrong !

Use him as a false 9, Harry & The Truck either side, and at times, ahead of him.

He's the next Puskas
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:35 pm

Mase wrote:Nothing wrong with Gab. His movement for a couple of our goals was spot on.

A bit off topic, but I think we did replace Yaya. It just took a few years. At the moment Kevin is basically everything Yaya was plus work rate..

Ack on topic, I don't watch enough football apart from City to know if there are any new top strikers out there that we can go for, but apart fron Mbape, I haven't seen anyone in the CL or the Prem that I think could fill Aguero's boots.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:39 pm

mr_nool wrote:

A bit off topic, but I think we did replace Yaya. It just took a few years. At the moment Kevin is basically everything Yaya was plus work rate..

Ack on topic, I don't watch enough football apart from City to know if there are any new top strikers out there that we can go for, but apart fron Mbape, I haven't seen anyone in the CL or the Prem that I think could fill Aguero's boots.

Because there are none.
I think football is changing and wingers are (at the moment) the players that can provide the numbers up front, instead of strikers or poachers. Look at Brazil and how they missed goal mouths after Ronaldo.
At some point, in 2014, they had Fred
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum