View from the Toon Army

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Toon Army

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:14 pm

I detect a little bit of confidence from the toon army for this one, but I think Pep wants it more, especially after what happened on Thursday night. We will find out when the team is announced tomorrow evening. Slightly off topic…I can’t face the RAWK forum at the moment, so I will not be posting anything before our game next week.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Lee Mason
Assistant Referees: Scott Ledger & Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official: Andrew Madley
Reserve Assistant: Mark Dwyer
VAR: Andre Marriner
AVAR: Stephen Child

And the rest…

0-5 … out

Comfortable defeat, Bruce haters back out, Bruce apologists shortly after, no takeover announcement either. Glad it's end of weekend so it doesn't **** on the whole thing.

I can't see anything other than a Newcastle win. We're going to Wembleeeeey.

Lawro suggesting the game against Bournemouth is a priority. Wtf? No it isn't! Besides which, Stevie B only knows how to pick his best eleven. To hell with fitness, and rotation's for spit-roasted chickens.

Win Win Win all the way...Stevie B knows his history, and he'll have the team focused for the task…Man City have only ever beaten us twice in the FA Cup…In fact we've gone onto lift the trophy twice after beating them - another good omen…As underdogs, Man City will have a chance, but, there leaky defence will be shown to be fallible again.

Be interesting to see if we give it a go and select the first team or not. Pretty much safe now so should be going full tilt for the cup not that I expect a positive result but I'd be questioning why we went with no changes vs Vile and a second string vs City…Also be curious to see how we line up, do we go attacking or do we sit in and try and snatch something on the counter or from a set piece…2-1 loss.

If we get up and at them, there is a small chance we get something. If we sit back, De Bruyne and co will pick us apart…So as there is a chance, I'll go with a 2-1 win to stay positive.

Toon to win 4-0 Joe Linton 2 Bobby Mitchell 1 George Hannah 1.

0-3 loss. Ederson hat-trick.

Nothing to lose at all here. Hope we have a proper go at them. Shelvey to score the winner in the 90th minute.

There is something to lose. 90 mins of my life watching us play ****e and have our arses handed to us by Citeh.

It doesn't matter what we do we will lose... imo the old counter attacking tactic would be wise.
Have a go and we will lose heavy... we have that sneaky remote chance if we ruin the game and take our chance.

It doesn't really matter what we do if man city play well.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Toon Army

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:29 pm

Cheers CM

4-0. Been on the sauce that one

That said, this wont be the stroll that the bookies are proclaiming. Not won up there for a couple of seasons and they don’t concede many goals at home.

I’d settle for any old win and be in the draw for a Wembley thrashing of the rags
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Ederson hat trick sounds good!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:41 am

Wonder which city team will turn up. Hope it's not the half arsed one from the other night.
If it is were out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Cheers CM

Whatever happens, it must be done in 90 minutes, we cannot afford ET, no home crowd will definitely be plus in this case IMO
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:44 pm

sheblue wrote:Wonder which city team will turn up. Hope it's not the half arsed one from the other night.
If it is were out.

If its the City with Mendy at left back and Gundo anywhere on the pitch , we are already on the back foot.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:Wonder which city team will turn up. Hope it's not the half arsed one from the other night.
If it is were out.

If its the City with Mendy at left back and Gundo anywhere on the pitch , we are already on the back foot.

I’d also be happy if Sterling’s name wasn’t on the team sheet
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:13 pm

AVAR: Stephen Child

Why the fuck do they need an assistant for VAR? In case the first dick head falls off his chair? So they can split the bill on the take away they get?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 am

There were some very strange predictions there. I have a mate who is a barcode fan and he was pretty confident too. Strange really because the only points they have against us in years gone by have been through riding their luck and very poor finishing from us.

Still, glad we battered them into submission and got arsenal in the semi too. Payback time.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:11 am

Wonderwall wrote:There were some very strange predictions there. I have a mate who is a barcode fan and he was pretty confident too. Strange really because the only points they have against us in years gone by have been through riding their luck and very poor finishing from us.

I remember that League Cup game around Halloween time a few years ago where we were atrocious and lost 2-0, though. I've got a feeling Newcastle didn't even put out a full-strength side.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:15 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:There were some very strange predictions there. I have a mate who is a barcode fan and he was pretty confident too. Strange really because the only points they have against us in years gone by have been through riding their luck and very poor finishing from us.

I remember that League Cup game around Halloween time a few years ago where we were atrocious and lost 2-0, though. I've got a feeling Newcastle didn't even put out a full-strength side.

I remember that, they did out a few squad players in. We were absolutely awful and I was moved to 114 for that game with a big fucker in front of me, spent half the game straining myself on tiptoes and looking around him. Had a genius idea in the 2nd half, just went and stood somewhere else. :mrgreen:

I wonder if they are as confident this time
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum