Sane leaving

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Same leaving

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:38 am

Great player and one i feel we missed badly at times this season.

I dont hold any grudges against him, hes in manchester 4 years. The lad just wants to go home and i cant blame him. He gave his all when played and hes well within his rights to run his contract down.

Id have a go for Son as his replacement. Spurs financial situation might mean we have a chance and he would be a great pep player(and prevent him from always scoring against us!).

Left winger and centre back the priorities in the window.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm

No way are we getting 80 mill. Not a chance. 40-50 be about the most of it if were lucky.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Outcast » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:28 am

sheblue wrote:No way are we getting 80 mill. Not a chance. 40-50 be about the most of it if were lucky.

We best start pimping him to Paris and Real then
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:26 am

sheblue wrote:No way are we getting 80 mill. Not a chance. 40-50 be about the most of it if were lucky.

So the same price we paid for him with one year remaining on his Schalke contract. He has since gone on to develop into one of the best wingers in the game. I hope we stand our ground and leave him on the sidelines
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

So the same price we paid for him with one year remaining on his Schalke contract. He has since gone on to develop into one of the best wingers in the game. I hope we stand our ground and leave him on the sidelines

I'm sure there's something in the rules which means we cannot put him in the reserves for the rest of the season - I personally wouldn't want him to play again as Id prefer we played a youngster ,who does want to be with us , in his position whenever we can afford to do so.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Exactly what a joke.

80 mill or fuck off
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Should have been 100 mill last year before the cubt got injured and took crazy wages for a full year
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Another player leaves for under his value, an area we have never nailed down, Interesting to see what we spend to replace him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Refuse to sell him , keep him in the squad on the sidelines . So that when he plays he has to go balls out- just to prove he can still perform .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I'm sure there's something in the rules which means we cannot put him in the reserves for the rest of the season - I personally wouldn't want him to play again as Id prefer we played a youngster ,who does want to be with us , in his position whenever we can afford to do so.

I remember that from Tevez, the Webster ruling, players can buy out their contract, it comes into effect at the end of the season in which they use it, so keep him sweet for now, don't sell to Bayern( unless reasonable fee) and then bench him next season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:27 am

Hazy2 wrote:Another player leaves for under his value, an area we have never nailed down, Interesting to see what we spend to replace him.

I think Mahrez was his replacement in the sense that I don't think City will buy a direct like-for-like player but will use what cash we can get for him to strengthen other areas, like centre-half and left back.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:09 am

Hazy2 wrote:Another player leaves for under his value, an area we have never nailed down, Interesting to see what we spend to replace him.

I think he was about to leave last summer for around £80m, but then got injured in the CS. I've heard he was only playing because Bayern thought we were bluffing about saying he would play / stay until they paid up!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby sniffer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:55 am

Bench him, play him as sub in odd games let him get Rusty. Gamble on his part if he got another bad injury no contract to follow anywhere.
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:33 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

I think Mahrez was his replacement in the sense that I don't think City will buy a direct like-for-like player but will use what cash we can get for him to strengthen other areas, like centre-half and left back.

I agree on the Mahrez one who has become one of our game changers. Funny period Silva Sane out, possibly Otter, Ferna getting to utility player role ? Hammer blow if CL goes in terms of who joins, and who is thinking no CL not staying.If it is upheld we are in trouble with KDB, Raheem, Mahrez even. Tricky and Soriano might be in spot going forward, as they say if they cannot beat you on the pitch they will find other ways. I would hate to think Sane has had Bayern in his ear, we know your out of the CL !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:25 am

Love to be wrong but 80 mill for a player in his last year of contract, hasn't played since last August, and has had a major knee injury.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:20 am

I think we’re lucky we have players in the squad that are strong minded. Otherwise I wouldn’t want him anywhere near training and being able to influence people.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:20 am

sheblue wrote:Love to be wrong but 80 mill for a player in his last year of contract, hasn't played since last August, and has had a major knee injury.

They paid that for Hernandez, missed half Atletico's season with knee ligament injury, granted he had two years left but is a defender who normally go for a lot less than attacking players.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby aaron bond » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:51 am

If Sane is off to Bayern, we could potentially look at a deal that involves David Alaba who only has 1 year left on his contract.

He's played for Pep before and can play left back or centre back which are both areas we need to reinforce.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:07 pm

aaron bond wrote:If Sane is off to Bayern, we could potentially look at a deal that involves David Alaba who only has 1 year left on his contract.

He's played for Pep before and can play left back or centre back which are both areas we need to reinforce.

Alaba is the type of player that will make Mase forget about Kolarov
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:13 pm

PeterParker wrote:
aaron bond wrote:If Sane is off to Bayern, we could potentially look at a deal that involves David Alaba who only has 1 year left on his contract.

Alaba is the type of player that will make Mase forget about Kolarov

Mase won't let others turn his head. He'll stay faithful to Aleksandar.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum