Other games this week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Other games this week

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Villa. Doesn't actually sound as bad as I thought with the canned crowd
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Other games this week

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Ah I see. You only get crowd noise on 401.

On 402 it's just 2 blokes and a dog. That IS depressing.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Lol. Goal line technology my arse.

The circus is back in town.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:48 pm

That's a goal. Shite game. Awful stuff. Artificial crowd noise my bollocks.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:Lol. Goal line technology my arse.

Fuck me joke of a league, plain as day a goal...... useless
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:53 pm

dick dastardley wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Lol. Goal line technology my arse.

Fuck me joke of a league, plain as day a goal...... useless

Sheffield should get used to this. They are in the battle for the last UCL place and If they think they are allowed to get it, then they are deluded.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:05 pm

What have I just seen! Clearly over the line, Hawkeye fails to give it. Ref could’ve but points to his watch. VAR should have then intervened but chose not to.

I wonder which other teams this favours? Fucking stinks.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What have I just seen! Clearly over the line, Hawkeye fails to give it. Ref could’ve but points to his watch. VAR should have then intervened but chose not to.

Social distancing. Ball wasn’t 2m over the line
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:What have I just seen! Clearly over the line, Hawkeye fails to give it. Ref could’ve but points to his watch. VAR should have then intervened but chose not to.

Social distancing. Ball wasn’t 2m over the line

I’m appalled by the lack of awareness ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Apparently Hawkeye sounded off at half time :D
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:29 pm

This game is doing a great job of reminding me why I didnt miss football.
Painful.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:38 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Apparently Hawkeye sounded off at half time :D

Is that when David Gill turned it back on?

Fucking depressing game. I’ve switched the crowd noise on for the 2nd half and it’s even more depressingly.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:51 am

I thought VAR wasn't allowed to intervene in whether the ball crossed the line or not, and it's the exclusive competence of Hawkeye (possibly more for sponsorship reasons than genuine sporting ones)?

Nevertheless, this completely stinks, and seeing as these games are little more than pre-season friendlies with new rules having been introduced, I don't see any reason why VAR couldn't have broken the existing 'rules' by intervening.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:00 am

I thought that the refs get an alert to say when the ball has crossed the line? Hence why they didn’t get one when Stones cleared the ball off the line against the scousers
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:02 am

Quite shocking that sheff utd get done again in the first game after the restart. It's one thing that Hawkeye failed despite the seven cameras but to then not have VAR rule on it is a complete farce and yet here we are and they've lost two points as a result. As mentioned earlier in the thread, who does this favour......I don't have sky but imagine that this incident is on constant repeat this morning? No? Thought not. It fucking stinks
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:15 am

salford city wrote:Quite shocking that sheff utd get done again in the first game after the restart. It's one thing that Hawkeye failed despite the seven cameras but to then not have VAR rule on it is a complete farce and yet here we are and they've lost two points as a result. As mentioned earlier in the thread, who does this favour......I don't have sky but imagine that this incident is on constant repeat this morning? No? Thought not. It fucking stinks

Var should have reviewed it. Maybe they would have if SU weren't a threat to the rags finishing 5th.
Just a thought.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby salford city » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 am

sheblue wrote:
salford city wrote:Quite shocking that sheff utd get done again in the first game after the restart. It's one thing that Hawkeye failed despite the seven cameras but to then not have VAR rule on it is a complete farce and yet here we are and they've lost two points as a result. As mentioned earlier in the thread, who does this favour......I don't have sky but imagine that this incident is on constant repeat this morning? No? Thought not. It fucking stinks

Var should have reviewed it. Maybe they would have if SU weren't a threat to the rags finishing 5th.
Just a thought.

I guarantee that either of the manchester or liverpool red shites have that goal given - not even reviewed by VAR. How many points have been taken away from sheff utd so far? Its fucking shocking
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:59 am

salford city wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Just a thought.

I guarantee that either of the manchester or liverpool red shites have that goal given - not even reviewed by VAR. How many points have been taken away from sheff utd so far? Its fucking shocking

Makes you wonder, really.
They are so bent it is hard to believe, but sadly who will say something? I was watching the split screen fans that supported them yesterday (also at our game behind the goal). Do those people, without offense, will sit back and say, fuck off you bent fucks?
No, they will go next week like nothing happend and turn the other cheek.
Somehow it is normal, these are how fans are today

Shit like this happens because of how poor the fans are.
Correct me if I am wrong, because I've seen not that many games before the apparition of Sky and Premier League, back at the start of the 90s, but from what I've read, the "mistakes" of the refs where lower than today. With no help of the technology Oliver, Taylor or other cunt have today.

Not because the corruption was lacking, but because robbing a team on their ground there was the change fans would tell them how it was.

This is the new normality. Say a public mediocre sorry and move on. Reminds me of that episode in South Park.

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby CBEM » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:06 pm

PeterParker wrote:
salford city wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Just a thought.

Makes you wonder, really.
They are so bent it is hard to believe, but sadly who will say something? I was watching the split screen fans that supported them yesterday (also at our game behind the goal). Do those people, without offense, will sit back and say, fuck off you bent fucks?
No, they will go next week like nothing happend and turn the other cheek.
Somehow it is normal, these are how fans are today

Shit like this happens because of how poor the fans are.
Correct me if I am wrong, because I've seen not that many games before the apparition of Sky and Premier League, back at the start of the 90s, but from what I've read, the "mistakes" of the refs where lower than today. With no help of the technology Oliver, Taylor or other cunt have today.

Not because the corruption was lacking, but because robbing a team on their ground there was the change fans would tell them how it was.

This is the new normality. Say a public mediocre sorry and move on. Reminds me of that episode in South Park.

IMO VAR is killing the game as we know it as we are watching it, designed to enable certain clubs to do well. Richard Scudamore puts it far better than I do and it's straight from the Horses mouth.

Richard Scudamore aims for new Premier League winners every six years

Executive chairman Richard Scudamore says the Premier League has a "strategic plan" to enable more clubs to win the title.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -six-years
Left hammer+sickle-moon for a much better shade of blue :)
CBEM
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby bigblue » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:41 pm

we look miles better than both these teams
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Next