Champions of England v Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Champions of England v Arsenal

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Not seen anything on the presser, wonder what glorious questions will be/have been asked?

Video conference bollox presser , pep is gonna say he wants all the fans there and get the fucking pubs open and the tv companies can fuck off .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Not seen anything on the presser, wonder what glorious questions will be/have been asked?

Any injuries ?

Id sack anyone that does have any.

Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Expect a lot of rotation in league games. Given theres 5 subs and the league more or less over for us anyway. Strongest teams for Fa cup and champions league.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:27 pm

'Pep, what do you think of the new kits for next season?'
'I am so, so proud'
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby zuricity » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:25 pm

sheblue wrote:Expect a lot of rotation in league games. Given theres 5 subs and the league more or less over for us anyway. Strongest teams for Fa cup and champions league.

You see , it seems wrong to change the rules during the season. This gives clubs an advantage the didn't have before the break.

There should be no farting around with rules etc once the season has started . Just like the refs couldn't make up their minds about fouls at Corners .

I am shocked to see sky have the balls to ask people to sign up and pay to watch these games as no one can go to the Stadium . disgraceful and the government should have stepped in like they did in the Bundesliga to put the games on free to air TV.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

'Pep, what do you think of the new kits for next season?'
'I am so, so proud'

Or, "I'm not gonna be here so I don't give a fuck. But they are shit by the way"
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Lawro has had a good think during lockdown, and come up with some really insightful predictions and comments. But then he ignored those and went for the usual:

Lawro Says:

'Man City v Arsenal (20:15 BST)

City's last game was a derby defeat at Old Trafford, when they did not really turn up. That performance is long gone now, though - I am sure most of their players cannot remember last week, let alone their last game.

Neither they nor Arsenal are going to have changed too much since we last saw them - you just know City will have trained loads with the ball and they will play good, attacking, football.

I don't think Arsenal will have found a steely resolve in midfield or defence, because they have just not got it.

I would expect City to win because, regardless of the fact they are playing in an empty stadium, they have got better players than Arsenal.

City's potential European ban is hanging over them a little bit - the decision on their appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport is due in July.

But even if their suspension is upheld, I cannot see Arsenal making fifth spot and qualifying for the Champions League that way.

Yes, they won three league games in a row before the season was stopped but they were playing teams you would expect them to beat - West Ham, Everton and Newcastle.

It was not a sign that anything had changed with the Gunners. It might feel like a new season, but they are the same old Arsenal.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0'.

For Villa v The Mighty Blades he goes for 1-1.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Big hint tonight from Pep that he is considering a further contract extension with MCFC .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:17 pm

City64 wrote:Big hint tonight from Pep that he is considering a further contract extension with MCFC .

Cate to expand?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CBEM » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:54 pm

If I am being honest I am struggling to get worked up about the restart or football in general, it needs to pull back and become more simple.
Left hammer+sickle-moon for a much better shade of blue :)
CBEM
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:40 am

BBC Radio 2 Rag FM 7am 4 mentions of Manchester Niteds Marcus, well done BTW. not one mention of City v Arsenal, normal Fucking service resumes from the Broken Bias Corp.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:43 am

It’s back!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:07 am

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:Big hint tonight from Pep that he is considering a further contract extension with MCFC .

Cate to expand?

Several City twitter feeds quoting pep from last evening. “I am very happy here , we have time to discuss staying longer “. “We need 4 more players to freshen up the squad and be stronger for the future always “. Etc etc .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:38 am

You’d think they’d have celebrated the return of premier league by making the first nights football free to air.

Im fairly sure in likes of Italy and Germany all league games were made free to air for remainder of the season.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby salford city » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:42 am

Green & Blue wrote:You’d think they’d have celebrated the return of premier league by making the first nights football free to air.

Im fairly sure in likes of Italy and Germany all league games were made free to air for remainder of the season.

Indeed. What happened to Boris's pledge of no profiteering? Fucking cunts. Mind I'm only saying this as I'm usually at the game so never had sky in the first first place
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:17 am

salford city wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:You’d think they’d have celebrated the return of premier league by making the first nights football free to air.

Indeed. What happened to Boris's pledge of no profiteering? Fucking cunts. Mind I'm only saying this as I'm usually at the game so never had sky in the first first place

If the games were free on TV there would be fuck all money in it, so they wouldn't even bother restarting the league.
Fans dont matter, Money does.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CBEM » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:31 am

sheblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

If the games were free on TV there would be fuck all money in it, so they wouldn't even bother restarting the league.

Is the correct answer.

Fans are to be herded into pens where they can be categorised according to ability to pay and be quiet about it.
Left hammer+sickle-moon for a much better shade of blue :)
CBEM
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 am

sheblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

They’d have no money without the fans. Given the situation I personally feel it stinks. Tonight’s games should be available to all like other leagues have done.

As all games behind closed doors I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feel they could have taken the opportunity to give back to the fans for once.

Not one City game made free to air and the games they’ve given bbc are laughable. They shouldn’t be referred to as free to air either as licence fees are paid to watch BBC.

I believe two Now Tv day passes were made available to season ticket holders but they ran out.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Nobody brave enough to predict peps team selection, which let's face it could be anything.
Here goes,
Ed Walker Fern Laporte Mendy
Kev Gundo B Silva
Mahrez Aguero Sterling

Cant see sane starting.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:22 pm

sheblue wrote:Nobody brave enough to predict peps team selection, which let's face it could be anything.
Here goes,
Ed Walker Fern Laporte Mendy
Kev Gundo B Silva
Mahrez Aguero Sterling

Cant see sane starting.

Foden will be on the bench.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum