MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What will be the outcome?

City exonerated of all charges.
44%
City exonerated of main charge but done for not cooperating.
19%
UEFA charges upheld, ban stands.
28%
Other.
9%

Total votes : 57

Re: MCFC v UEFA | CAS Appeal 8-10 Jun 20

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:29 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:Interestingly no media leaks as of yet and the silence from UEFA is truly deafening ..........

I’m taking it as a good sign.

Indeed.

But what is the reasoning behind delaying the announcement? Surely if the CAS has reached a decision, is this not binding with no further recourse for appeal? And as both parties have apparently signified the outcome was acceptable, what is the need to keep the outcome secret for another month?

I am wondering if it’s anything to do with the conclusion of the season and who gets the coveted CL spots and how this seasons CL pans out
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:15 pm

I wonder if people that have a brain and no agenda see the stupidity in this trial?

A club being banned and fined because he used his OWN MONEY to grow and be at the same level with the rest of the big clubs.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:Interestingly no media leaks as of yet and the silence from UEFA is truly deafening ..........

Indeed.

But what is the reasoning behind delaying the announcement? Surely if the CAS has reached a decision, is this not binding with no further recourse for appeal? And as both parties have apparently signified the outcome was acceptable, what is the need to keep the outcome secret for another month?

I am wondering if it’s anything to do with the conclusion of the season and who gets the coveted CL spots and how this seasons CL pans out

If both parties have accepted the outcome then that can only mean we are guilty of ''not cooperating'' but not guilty of anything else.....maybe a small fine for the former.

Would be the best outcome.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Indeed.

If both parties have accepted the outcome then that can only mean we are guilty of ''not cooperating'' but not guilty of anything else.....maybe a small fine for the former.

Would be the best outcome.

I'd say we're not guilty of not cooperating. Uefa wanted us to hand over information to supplement information they shouldn't have had in the first place. I think the appeal will clarify this and set a precedent for how uefa should handle leaks in future, and whether they can ask clubs for additional evidence. We were entirely within our rights to turn down their requests for complete correspondence, in my opinion, because the emails they saw were outside the scope of documentation that had to be submitted for FFP compliance vetting.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Absolutely mental that no leaks have come out from City or Uefa’s side. I don’t think City would leak it if it were good news, but I think UEFA would leak is if it were bad news for us - so possibly points in the direction of us not being banned for 2 years.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby The Foggy Blue » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:53 pm

I think both parties were happy with the process or the hearing itself not the “outcome”. The outcome hasnt happened yet...

CAS have gone away to assess and then deliver their decision, which will be in a few weeks / a month.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Scatman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:34 pm

The Foggy Blue wrote:I think both parties were happy with the process or the hearing itself not the “outcome”. The outcome hasnt happened yet...

CAS have gone away to assess and then deliver their decision, which will be in a few weeks / a month.

That was my understanding
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:34 am

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Indeed.

Probably a little late but no decision is reached at this point. Both parties submitted their documentary evidence and then had their time over the 3 days to argue the case face-to-face with the 3 arbitrators. Those 3 have now gone away to access all the detail submitted and we now await the findings, which could take a few weeks.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Indeed.

Probably a little late but no decision is reached at this point. Both parties submitted their documentary evidence and then had their time over the 3 days to argue the case face-to-face with the 3 arbitrators. Those 3 have now gone away to access all the detail submitted and we now await the findings, which could take a few weeks.

Ah, makes sense now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Mase wrote:Absolutely mental that no leaks have come out from City or Uefa’s side. I don’t think City would leak it if it were good news, but I think UEFA would leak is if it were bad news for us - so possibly points in the direction of us not being banned for 2 years.

Absolutely mental that there’s been no news on us from any area. All I’ve heard is Dippers this, Rags that, it’s as if no other football club even exists.

Nothing will be leaked this time, it’s not within UEFAs hands. Therefore, the likes of Gill, and formerly Parry, won’t have access until a decision from CAS has been notified.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: MCFC v UEFA | Verdict Rumoured To Be 13 Jul 20

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Daily Mail stating that the verdict will be real eased on 13 Jul 20, revised from 10 Jul 20 by UEFA request.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:18 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Daily Mail stating that the verdict will be real eased on 13 Jul 20, revised from 10 Jul 20 by UEFA request.

Presumably we agreed to the delay? If not we should tell UEFA to do one and have the verdict on the 10th as planned. No way should we be doing ANYTHING to accommodate those corrupt pricks.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:28 am

How can it be leaked that there’s going to be a delay but no leaks about which way it’s swinging. Mad how it’s been kept so quiet.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 am

Mase wrote:How can it be leaked that there’s going to be a delay but no leaks about which way it’s swinging. Mad how it’s been kept so quiet.

Presumably because a leak would indicate that CAS are as bad as UEFA or that UEFA have been told that any leak would go badly for them - same for us I daresay. I dont get the push back on the date request from UEFA though that says they are waiting on something and dont want the verdict out before that else why bother?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:17 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:How can it be leaked that there’s going to be a delay but no leaks about which way it’s swinging. Mad how it’s been kept so quiet.

Presumably because a leak would indicate that CAS are as bad as UEFA or that UEFA have been told that any leak would go badly for them - same for us I daresay. I dont get the push back on the date request from UEFA though that says they are waiting on something and dont want the verdict out before that else why bother?

Champions League draw for quarters and semis on 10th July so they don’t want it on the same day.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:21 am

Makes sense good or bad news- hopefully the latter for UEFA . A bit sly though and surprised that they have been able to delay the announcement?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:22 am

I think the worse case scenario would be 1 year ban due to not cooperating with little to no fine......makes us innocent of breaching FFP and makes UEFA vindicated for taking us to court.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:25 am

Somewhat realated, but anyone expect some robbing versus Madrid?

Saw Atletico vs Barcelona last night and never seen the catalans getting so many decisions against them, and in favour of Real. The second penalty was something incredible.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:55 am

PeterParker wrote:Somewhat realated, but anyone expect some robbing versus Madrid?

Saw Atletico vs Barcelona last night and never seen the catalans getting so many decisions against them, and in favour of Real. The second penalty was something incredible.

The worst penalty decision this season, mind blowing that was not overturned.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:00 pm

salford city wrote:Makes sense good or bad news- hopefully the latter for UEFA . A bit sly though and surprised that they have been able to delay the announcement?

It strikes me as very, very odd. Imagine being able to request a delay of a verdict because - when it boils down to it - it being announced on the day agreed inconveniences your PR team because you've made other arrangements for that day.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum