Decent signings?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Decent signings?

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:54 am

stupot wrote:He's scored less. Jesus 40 goals, 17 assists. Richarlison 31 goals. 8 assists.
Just as good as Gab on offsides though. 55 each.

I was just going off Prem because Jesus has played Champions League football as well whereas Richarlison hasn’t.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:14 am

So was i mate, Prem only.
it says Richarlison 31 goals in 108 games and Gab 40 in 100.
Like you said Gab will have started a lot less so no comparison for me. Loads on here calling for a better replacement for Serg. Richarlison isn't a patch on Gab in my opinion and the Brazil managers.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:18 am

stupot wrote:So was i mate, Prem only.
Like you said Gab will have started a lot less so no comparison for me. Loads on here calling for a better replacement for Serg. Richarlison isn't a patch on Gab in my opinion and the Brazil managers.

Ah okay. Yeah I don’t think Richarlison is the answer personally. Everton will demand probably £80 million for him as well!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:32 am

Mase wrote:

Ah okay. Yeah I don’t think Richarlison is the answer personally. Everton will demand probably £80 million for him as well!

I find these comparisons unfair and not a true reflection of how good each player is compared to the other.

Look at it this way - Man City are one of the top teams in world football who have numerous players that make chances for our forwards and unless you are a ''Bony'' type of player then you will/should bag plenty of goals.

Meanwhile , Everton are shite in every department.

Its hard to compare.

JG is a good squad player but he is not to be relied upon to win us important matches.....look what happened when the supporting cast were fuckign shit like the other day.....no one knew GJ was even playing that game !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:19 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

I find these comparisons unfair and not a true reflection of how good each player is compared to the other.

Look at it this way - Man City are one of the top teams in world football who have numerous players that make chances for our forwards and unless you are a ''Bony'' type of player then you will/should bag plenty of goals.

Meanwhile , Everton are shite in every department.

Its hard to compare.

JG is a good squad player but he is not to be relied upon to win us important matches.....look what happened when the supporting cast were fuckign shit like the other day.....no one knew GJ was even playing that game !

Agree 100%.

Richarlison isnt the answer either.

Harry Kane is probably the answer.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 am

You can't agree 100% if you're saying Richarlison isn't the answer because 1 agree 100% on that.

JG was reliable enough in Madrid this season when we were getting beat.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:27 am

Just get Lautaro Martínez in and stop messing about.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:54 am

stupot wrote:You can't agree 100% if you're saying Richarlison isn't the answer because 1 agree 100% on that.

JG was reliable enough in Madrid this season when we were getting beat.

I am agreeing that you cant compare Richarlison and JG considering the chances we get compared to everton. But i dont think Riharlison is the answer either cos he misses a lot of chances and isnt clinical enough. Basically both arent at the level required from our main frontman.

How many big goals has JG got us?Madrid? Maybe the centurions goal(wasnt really THAT important), what else? You know when hes turned a draw into a win or scored an important goal against a big team.

Mase is right that would probably be the most realistic option
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby stupot » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Can't agree with you that the Centurions goal wasn't important. It was an achievement that the dippers were desperate to match or better. We've got it and we're the only team in history that has.

Besides Madrid, he scored the 1st goal in the Champions League 2nd leg against Liverpool. Didn't work out importantly due to other circumstances that day.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:54 pm

stupot wrote:Can't agree with you that the Centurions goal wasn't important. It was an achievement that the dippers were desperate to match or better. We've got it and we're the only team in history that has.

Besides Madrid, he scored the 1st goal in the Champions League 2nd leg against Liverpool. Didn't work out importantly due to other circumstances that day.

Ok il reluctantly give u the centurions goal. Im not giving u the first goal at three down which we ultimately lost 5-1 in. So in 3.5 years what other important goals against big teams has he scored? Im not saying he isn’t a good useful player but a player to get us out of a hole or be the difference he isnt. He isnt a sergio and he isnt a tevez. No shame in that but if we want to be the best in the world we need a top class best in the world striker imo.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:59 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
stupot wrote:Can't agree with you that the Centurions goal wasn't important. It was an achievement that the dippers were desperate to match or better. We've got it and we're the only team in history that has.

Ok il reluctantly give u the centurions goal. Im not giving u the first goal at three down which we ultimately lost 5-1 in. So in 3.5 years what other important goals against big teams has he scored? Im not saying he isn’t a good useful player but a player to get us out of a hole or be the difference he isnt. He isnt a sergio and he isnt a tevez. No shame in that but if we want to be the best in the world we need a top class best in the world striker imo.

I brought this point up a while back - I said , apart from a couple of games that I remember , JG is NOT big game winner for us and never will be.

We need someone that can turn a game around when the supporting act is failing.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:37 pm

Cancelo needs to go
Gundogan needs to go
Mahrez needs to go
Garcia needs to go
Stones needs to go
Mendy needs to go
Fernandinho can go when his deal his up. Too old and slow.
Zinchenko needs to go
Angelino needs to go

Id be fine with Sterling going to raise a lot of funds. his touch is poor, his terrible in front of goal, and he's awful leading a counter.

How did this side become such shit.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Mase wrote:

The way things are going , why on earth would he want to come to City anyway !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum