PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Harry Kane has just added his weight to the season being cancelled if it cannot be completed by the end of June .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:09 pm

City64 wrote:Harry Kane has just added his weight to the season being cancelled if it cannot be completed by the end of June .

Anyone understand what he actually said?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Harry Kane has just added his weight to the season being cancelled if it cannot be completed by the end of June .

:lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:27 pm

City64 wrote:Ian Cheeseman who reports all things MCFC has said today MCFC will only commence football when it’s people and fans are 100% free from coronavirus. Huge message to the PL the FA and UEFA there I reckon !

This following on from handing over the campus just about seals it.
The PL are clearly waiting on the Govt pulling the plug to get out of any and all fall-out
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Paul68 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:

For thucks sake.... he thed the theason will be canthelled if not completed by end of June.
Then spent 10 minutes cleaning up the microphone of spit....
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:44 pm

salford city wrote:
City64 wrote:Ian Cheeseman who reports all things MCFC has said today MCFC will only commence football when it’s people and fans are 100% free from coronavirus. Huge message to the PL the FA and UEFA there I reckon !

This following on from handing over the campus just about seals it.
The PL are clearly waiting on the Govt pulling the plug to get out of any and all fall-out

Deffo pal !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:45 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

For thucks sake.... he thed the theason will be canthelled if not completed by end of June.
Then spent 10 minutes cleaning up the microphone of spit....

:lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 pm

City have done a proper estimate and been very honest - duty of care and look after others, where possible. They’re exactly like the rest of us, understanding that this business is small change when you see what’s happening in the world and that our facilities can be better used.

Such a shame certain outlets will use this as a click for their punters.

Absolutely fuck the PL and certain clubs driving this agenda. My love has always been for City, the rest were just somebody who turned up to play us, and I’ll never look on the league again if somehow they force the fans to subscribe just watch the games.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

City have done a proper estimate and been very honest - duty of care and look after others, where possible. They’re exactly like the rest of us, understanding that this business is small change when you see what’s happening in the world and that our facilities can be better used.

Such a shame certain outlets will use this as a click for their punters.

Absolutely fuck the PL and certain clubs driving this agenda. My love has always been for City, the rest were just somebody who turned up to play us, and I’ll never look on the league again if somehow they force the fans to subscribe just watch the games.

Agree Beefy .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:21 pm

What happens to season cards in this time of chaos? I'm guessing a partial refund on games cancelled and/or reduced card for next season??
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:43 pm

dick dastardley wrote:What happens to season cards in this time of chaos? I'm guessing a partial refund on games cancelled and/or reduced card for next season??

Most clubs will. Though Newcastle had bad press over the weekend for taking payment for next season. That's when clubs will panic when they cant sell season tickets for next season as we dont know when the season will start or the logistics of it yet
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:What happens to season cards in this time of chaos? I'm guessing a partial refund on games cancelled and/or reduced card for next season??

Most clubs will. Though Newcastle had bad press over the weekend for taking payment for next season. That's when clubs will panic when they cant sell season tickets for next season as we dont know when the season will start or the logistics of it yet

Are you reading this Burnley and all the others who are reliant on those cash up front season ticket sales. Wont be long before some try to give the written off games for this season as 'credits' for next - assuming it starts, for the league cup......
salford city

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm

salford city wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Are you reading this Burnley and all the others who are reliant on those cash up front season ticket sales. Wont be long before some try to give the written off games for this season as 'credits' for next - assuming it starts, for the league cup......

I hope Burnley go under to be honest now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Lower league clubs have been selling next season's tickets for a while before the outbreak, to help the cash flow. Peterborough, for example had a deadline of the end of March to get an early-bird style discount, which they have now extended to the end of April because the supporters have no cash. Orient fans have donated £20,000 to the club to help them through to the restart. I am surprised there hasn't been more focus on this in the mainstream sports press. Actually, I'm not.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Becoming quite the pantomime villain is Mike Ashley.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:53 pm

patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

He’s Becoming quite the pantomime ruthless villain is Mike Ashley.

Edited for accuracy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby salford city » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 am

Are you reading this Burnley and all the others who are reliant on those cash up front season ticket sales. Wont be long before some try to give the written off games for this season as 'credits' for next - assuming it starts, for the league cup......[/quote]

I hope Burnley go under to be honest now.[/quote]

Seeing quotes this morning from Dyche that he would be happy to finish the season behind closed doors. He must have got the email from the scouse
salford city

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:31 pm

Apparently it has just been brought to the PL attention that NO player is insured for coronavirus. So if any player becomes seriously ill and the worse happens ........
Think that totally fucks it for any chance of this season being completed .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:35 pm

City64 wrote:Apparently it has just been brought to the PL attention that NO player is insured for coronavirus. So if any player becomes seriously ill and the worse happens ........
Think that totally fucks it for any chance of this season being completed.

There's not a chance the PFA will allow their members to be treated as guinea pigs. If one single player gets it because of it, all hell will break loose.
ross.mcfc

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:23 pm

National league now suspended indefinitely -:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092442
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum