PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:57 am

Even if Scouse are awarded the title, They won't be able to use their bus .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:36 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The footballing authorities are looking very poor. Especially LFC. This season needs putting out of its misery now

They seem to be picking dates out of the air. I think the PL are going to end up backing themselves into a corner with this if they insist on completing this season especially behind closed doors. It stinks of greed and a big fuck you to the fans as has already been said earlier in this thread. If they persist with this approach in their own belief that this will be somehow great for the morale of the country, - which is the spin that they are giving to the govt, it is going to backfire badly and will end up with a lot of die-hard fans telling them to do one.
Ultimately, the PL will not pull the plug on this season itself as there is too much at stake financially
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Two's Kompany » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:03 am

This shows that supporters are well down the food chain when it comes to it. Yes, I think we all knew it but this has completely confirmed it. If they go back and play behind closed doors it will be the end for many who have spent thousands every season following their teams.
Clubs should not be allowed to charge more than £25-30 for any game, premier league clubs clearly don't need it. Basically they're showing that supporters dosh is little more than a 'nice' extra.

I think the clubs and authorities believe 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'.
They might find that it's more 'out of sight, out of mind!'
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:14 am

salford city wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The footballing authorities are looking very poor. Especially LFC. This season needs putting out of its misery now

They seem to be picking dates out of the air. I think the PL are going to end up backing themselves into a corner with this if they insist on completing this season especially behind closed doors. It stinks of greed and a big fuck you to the fans as has already been said earlier in this thread. If they persist with this approach in their own belief that this will be somehow great for the morale of the country, - which is the spin that they are giving to the govt, it is going to backfire badly and will end up with a lot of die-hard fans telling them to do one.
Ultimately, the PL will not pull the plug on this season itself as there is too much at stake financially

Like someone has already mentioned, who wants to see a team celebrating during all of this?

When they give Liverpool the league, I imagine they’re going to be hated even more.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:34 am

One very serious issue the PL PR machine is deliberately avoiding is the fact that there is a deadly virus killing lots of people around the world and the fact most footballers SPIT a lot during a game they WILL be potentially spreading this deadly virus . Even if every footballer was tested for Covid 19 there is still NO WAY a football match could take place in the current circumstances possibly even beyond this summer .
So it begs the question WHY are the PL pushing for a restart and are the people who run the PL fit for purpose?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:55 am

City64 wrote:One very serious issue the PL PR machine is deliberately avoiding is the fact that there is a deadly virus killing lots of people around the world and the fact most footballers SPIT a lot during a game they WILL be potentially spreading this deadly virus . Even if every footballer was tested for Covid 19 there is still NO WAY a football match could take place in the current circumstances possibly even beyond this summer .
So it begs the question WHY are the PL pushing for a restart and are the people who run the PL fit for purpose?

You know both answers. The PL genuinely believe that they are the saviours to bring the country out of these dark times. Pure financial greed.
Be interesting to see what the fuck-wits at UEFA come up with at their meeting next week as they are even more corrupt than our own beloved PL
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:09 am

I couldn't read the whole of that article but I assume it is UEFA who have told the PL that next season has to start by September. That would align with their hope to hold the CL Final, the traditional last game of the season, on 29th August. At the same time UEFA will not allow cancellation of this season at the moment, so the PL have to try to plan for a window somewhere.

Both organisations are a bit deluded in thinking they have any control over this. The PL are trapped between government lockdown rules and UEFA both setting an end date for the season and refusing to allow them to cancel the season without permission, and the massive financial hit. I think any concern for the dippers is now way down the list except for LFC and their tame pundits.

I would expect that next season will also start behind closed doors, even in September, if this theory about multiple waves of the virus is correct.

I had to smile at the idea of the players getting changed in their cars before training though, like I used to do in my 5-a-side days!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:38 pm

I’d like some of these questions answered as well .

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1028281474?-833:12
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I’d like some of these questions answered as well .

She’s absolutely spot on (and I would).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Mase wrote:

Most have and word is she has personally tested every dildo in the Ann Summers range .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:59 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Most have and word is she has personally tested every dildo in the Ann Summers range .

Does that include Wayne Rooney :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:05 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:

So no need to decipher wether or not she’s a good shag then .

Perfect
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:17 pm

How do the PL expect managers and players to get back from the countries they’re currently in if they want to restart the season?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:32 pm

City64 wrote:One very serious issue the PL PR machine is deliberately avoiding is the fact that there is a deadly virus killing lots of people around the world and the fact most footballers SPIT a lot during a game they WILL be potentially spreading this deadly virus . Even if every footballer was tested for Covid 19 there is still NO WAY a football match could take place in the current circumstances possibly even beyond this summer .

Come on Mate you know the answer , their favourite club is going to win the League , what does a few deaths matter it is part of their istree don't you know ;)
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Mase wrote:How do the PL expect managers and players to get back from the countries they’re currently in if they want to restart the season?

They aren’t bothered. Two more wins and the dippers can be legitimate champions. After that if the season gets canned, then it gets canned. The job will have been accomplished
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:10 pm

failsworthblue wrote:

Come on Mate you know the answer , their favourite club is going to win the League , what does a few deaths matter it is part of their istree don't you know ;)

Harsh but true pal .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby budfox » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:29 am

I bet that somewhere a conversation is going on along the lines of not needing to play anything like all of the games.

Nobody gets relegated, and the Bin Dippers keep playing home games behind closed doors until they've won twice.

For the champions/europa league we are given a place based on past form and our current league position. Then the eight teams from 3rd to 10th play a knockout to decide a top two, no need for a final. Losing semi-finalists go to europa league.

That gets the league done in as few as eight games.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 am

Saw some leaks about the schedule UEFA proposed. The game vs Madrid should be in August.

I really think football is done. If the clubs are smart, they will use this to break from that fucking travesty that UEFA is and start that Superleague we heard from some time.

But when people died, the clubs were working on petitions to ban City.

I genuine think that football died after Euro 2000.

This world really deserves this fucking virus. Human kind is really a poison.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Michigan Blue » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:26 pm

"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:28 pm

Michigan Blue wrote:

After the first, inevitably others will follow suit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext