PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:04 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Wooders wrote:It is sounding very possible that anything that involves large crowds ie football may be delayed until August 2021!!!

So never mind finishing this season it’s looking like the following season may not even start

Poor old scousers.

They'll only claim they're champions this season and next......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:42 pm

Minimum three more weeks lockdown and still you have these knuckle draggers talking about finishing the season by end of June, it’s not going to happen so why not do some contingency planning for next season.

The medical experts saying until there is a vaccine some form of restrictions will stay in place. Another point, the players have to be reassembled and trained up to match fitness, how long does that take ?

No chance of any football for months, so sack this season and start new season when feasible, otherwise it means fucking up two seasons not one.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:22 pm

UEFA are having a meeting on 23rd April (next Thursday) where they are expected to agree a plan to finish the season with the CL Final in Istanbul on the 29th August. I presume they will then try to work everything back from there.

In Scotland, meanwhile, all leagues below the SPL have been declared 'ended', with current positions to stand.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Minimum three more weeks lockdown and still you have these knuckle draggers talking about finishing the season by end of June, it’s not going to happen so why not do some contingency planning for next season.

The medical experts saying until there is a vaccine some form of restrictions will stay in place. Another point, the players have to be reassembled and trained up to match fitness, how long does that take ?

No chance of any football for months, so sack this season and start new season when feasible, otherwise it means fucking up two seasons not one.

If it wasn’t for the fucking dippers being so close I think it would’ve happened already
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Minimum three more weeks lockdown and still you have these knuckle draggers talking about finishing the season by end of June, it’s not going to happen so why not do some contingency planning for next season.

If it wasn’t for the fucking dippers being so close I think it would’ve happened already

+1
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Istanbul , Istanbul we are coming .... at the end of August!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52316964
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:34 am

I do think that if we were running away with the league at this point it would have been shit canned by now
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:39 am

All EFL games (not PL) are to be resumed behind closed doors, at some point, according to the Independent:

EFL to resume behind closed doors
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:15 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:All EFL games (not PL) are to be resumed behind closed doors, at some point, according to the Independent:

Led by Rick Parry former bin dipper chief exec and all round dodgy as fuck bent cunt .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:28 am

City64 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:All EFL games (not PL) are to be resumed behind closed doors, at some point, according to the Independent:

Led by Rick Parry former bin dipper chief exec and all round dodgy as fuck bent cunt .

1st thing i thought of when I read it , lol
Spoke to a Scouser yesterday about the
Newcastle take over . All he had to say was more murdering Arabs coming to prem They don’t do irony Cunts one and all
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:21 am

City64 wrote:

Apparently he 'recommends a return-to-training date for players of 16 May, should the level of lockdown be eased next month, and that while a return date has not been officially rubber-stamped clubs have been instructed to prepare for a resumption ‘at short notice’'.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby hayling22 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:16 pm

Does anybody really think the country is going to be ready? Can you imagine in the current tragic situation it would be appropriate for any team to be celebrating anything in the next months.
The country is exhausted, shattered and broken, nobody is going to want to see any euphoria from anybody, and I would include City with that.
The image of players cheering and drinking champagne in this current climate is inappropriate.
This season should be closed now and ended in silent dignity
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:44 pm

If the PL push this forward before the country is back up and running then I’ll most likely be done with football.
My heart’s hardly in it anymore anyway these days - but I think this will be the final nail in the coffin.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Mase wrote:If the PL push this forward before the country is back up and running then I’ll most likely be done with football.
My heart’s hardly in it anymore anyway these days - but I think this will be the final nail in the coffin.

My gut feeling is I wont be watching any football behind closed doors..I may watch highlights if there are any goals but I just cannot see me watching a live game.

Its just about money , more now than every before, its not a game of sport in the true sense of the words.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:If the PL push this forward before the country is back up and running then I’ll most likely be done with football.

My gut feeling is I wont be watching any football behind closed doors..I may watch highlights if there are any goals but I just cannot see me watching a live game.

Its just about money , more now than every before, its not a game of sport in the true sense of the words.

When people talk to me about the PL , it's always , the great atmosphere , the crazy singing by fans , the atmosphere oh , and of course the game intensity and skills on show .

Watching a game in an empty stadium ? no thanks
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:56 pm

https://twitter.com/KippaxBill/status/1 ... 8649476096
Pictures here ^^^^^^ of the Etihad Stadium being turned into NHS medical wards and being fully kitted out all around the ground . Fantastic by the club but no chance of any football being played here for a long long time .

PL and Parry take note !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Scatman » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:58 pm

City64 wrote:https://twitter.com/KippaxBill/status/1251231188649476096
Pictures here ^^^^^^ of the Etihad Stadium being turned into NHS medical wards and being fully kitted out all around the ground . Fantastic by the club but no chance of any football being played here for a long long time .

PL and Parry take note !

I wonder if they're still allowed to smoke in the toilets
Scatman

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Scatman wrote:
City64 wrote:https://twitter.com/KippaxBill/status/1251231188649476096

PL and Parry take note !

I wonder if they're still allowed to smoke in the toilets

:lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:02 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... irst-week/

the dippers chances of getting the title handed to them are slipping. City champions for another year
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:33 am

The footballing authorities are looking very poor. Especially LFC. This season needs putting out of its misery now
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum