PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby patrickblue » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:What happens to season cards in this time of chaos? I'm guessing a partial refund on games cancelled and/or reduced card for next season??

Most clubs will. Though Newcastle had bad press over the weekend for taking payment for next season. That's when clubs will panic when they cant sell season tickets for next season as we dont know when the season will start or the logistics of it yet

He’s Becoming quite the pantomime ruthless villain is Mike Ashley.

Edited for accuracy.

True enough, although total cunt would probably be even more accurate
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:23 am

First email from the club this morning re current situation and ticketing refunds direct debits etc. Just standard fayre at present stay as you are until further notice
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:45 pm

All CL and Europa suspended until further notice -:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52121463
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:52 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:All CL and Europa suspended until further notice -:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52121463

All national team matches for men and women due to be played in June 2020 are postponed until further notice. This includes the play-off matches for UEFA EURO 2020 and qualifying matches for UEFA Women's EURO 2021

All other UEFA competition matches, including the centralised international friendly matches, remain postponed until further notice.

So, did the FA found a way to give scouse the title?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:08 pm

How are PL teams being allowed to furlough non-playing staff whilst continuing to pay £millions to playing staff - that's not fucking right
salford city

Postby Scatman » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:44 pm

salford city wrote:How are PL teams being allowed to furlough non-playing staff whilst continuing to pay £millions to playing staff - that's not fucking right

Contracts
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:25 pm

salford city wrote:How are PL teams being allowed to furlough non-playing staff whilst continuing to pay £millions to playing staff - that's not fucking right

It’s a moral outrage, typically Spurs putting rank and file staff on furlough effectively reducing their income by 20%, yet the millionaires don’t lose fuck all, because if they reduce their salary it invalidates their contracts, they can then seek free transfers at huge personal gain because new club gets them for nowt.
The old saying, it’s the rich that get the pleasure it’s the poor that take the blame seem appropriate.
Almost forgot to mention, the taxpayer is effectively subsidising millionaire clubs, because the government funds the 80% of salary of those on furlough, I’m sure the government did not mean this to happen and surely is not in the spirit of the government scheme.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:45 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

It’s a moral outrage, typically Spurs putting rank and file staff on furlough effectively reducing their income by 20%, yet the millionaires don’t lose fuck all, because if they reduce their salary it invalidates their contracts, they can then seek free transfers at huge personal gain because new club gets them for nowt.
The old saying, it’s the rich that get the pleasure it’s the poor that take the blame seem appropriate.
Almost forgot to mention, the taxpayer is effectively subsidising millionaire clubs, because the government funds the 80% of salary of those on furlough, I’m sure the government did not mean this to happen and surely is not in the spirit of the government scheme.

I'm sure football players were the last thing on the govt list

Nursery that my 19 month old goes to twice a week have asked for us to continue to pay 20% fees whilst it is closed and they are taking the other 80% from the govt scheme. Happy to help with that as their staff are at he lower end of the pay scale but multi-million £ organisations is taking the piss
salford city

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm

salford city wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

I'm sure football players were the last thing on the govt list

Nursery that my 19 month old goes to twice a week have asked for us to continue to pay 20% fees whilst it is closed and they are taking the other 80% from the govt scheme. Happy to help with that as their staff are at he lower end of the pay scale but multi-million £ organisations is taking the piss

Fuck knows what's on people's list. UEFA's list is to ban us for having a kit issue. EPL clubs to sign petition to ban us.

Priorities in these times are really based on the IQ of the guy in charge.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:46 pm

Football needs to be very careful with this. A lot of people will get very pissed off about the situation and quit football. I get that players salaries are contracted and ultimately they are just an employee of a club, but in the current climate of a lot of the population fearing for their lives and economic futures when they see regular folk like themselves being furloughed or even laid off, when there are players pulling more a week than they will earn in a decade or longer, it could well be the tipping point in giving up football
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:40 pm

The players need to take a long, hard look at themselves and one of them needs to take the lead by stating that they accept that they will only take a portion of their wage, if anything at all. Then they need to say that their club will put a good percentage of the money saved to ensure the none playing staff don’t lose out and that the rest will go to the community around them who have paid for them to be there by way of ticket sales or subscriptions to The broadcasters.

What Spurs have done is an absolute disgrace and the PL will be coming under considerable pressure from all areas of the population. Dirty twats!

Ps. Just watching the Beeb and this story, can you guess who they show celebrating lifting the trophy like they are the anti-Christ?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The players need to take a long, hard look at themselves and one of them needs to take the lead by stating that they accept that they will only take a portion of their wage, if anything at all. Then they need to say that their club will put a good percentage of the money saved to ensure the none playing staff don’t lose out and that the rest will go to the community around them who have paid for them to be there by way of ticket sales or subscriptions to The broadcasters.

What Spurs have done is an absolute disgrace and the PL will be coming under considerable pressure from all areas of the population. Dirty twats!

Ps. Just watching the Beeb and this story, can you guess who they show celebrating lifting the trophy like they are the anti-Christ?

Agree with your sentiments here mate up until the last bit. To be fair and I'm not usually with the Beeb, we are the only team they can show lifting the PL trophy no fucker has won it for the past two years
salford city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:33 pm

Any player that is on more than he needs, to run his home-life/side business etc , needs to offer a big % of the rest of his income for non playing staff at his club.

Players in this category have all of a sudden gone fucking death dumb and blind.

Disgusting.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:05 am

I reckon Otamendi has already sacrificed his wages.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:14 am

Beefymcfc wrote:The players need to take a long, hard look at themselves and one of them needs to take the lead by stating that they accept that they will only take a portion of their wage, if anything at all. Then they need to say that their club will put a good percentage of the money saved to ensure the none playing staff don’t lose out and that the rest will go to the community around them who have paid for them to be there by way of ticket sales or subscriptions to The broadcasters.

At this point, I would agree for Scouse to have their parade.
The logistics between that would be hilarious.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:42 am

I could be wrong, but I have a suspicion that the football authorities are waiting for the government to ban sport indefinitely, that way they can say our hands are tied.
The victims will say the fucking tories have fucked us again, let’s light some candles, and they will be unhappy ever after
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:19 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I could be wrong, but I have a suspicion that the football authorities are waiting for the government to ban sport indefinitely, that way they can say our hands are tied.
The victims will say the fucking tories have fucked us again, let’s light some candles, and they will be unhappy ever after

Same for me I wrote it earlier in a thread. The PL dont have the sense or bollocks to make a call and are simply protecting their brand whilst they wait for the inevitable call from govt. That way, they are seen to have had no control over the decision and they will then hope to cash in the sponsorship claiming it's no fault of their own. Looking at the been this morning seems there is unrest brewing with the PFA advising players not to take voluntary pay cuts whilst the FA are demanding to see clubs' accounts.
salford city

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:20 am

^^Beeb fcuking autocorrect....
salford city

Postby Dameerto » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:17 am

It's showing some clubs and footballing figures (Ashley and Levy) up for exactly what they are.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum