PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby PaulieIrish » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:17 am

Delighted for you Harry, and moreso for your wife. Stay safe!
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:28 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just to mention for all the guys who have been supportive during my wife’s illness, we had good news today, the cancer removed and not spread, so clear, will need radio type treatments but in the scheme of things the best result ever. With all this virus thing going on been the most horrible time ever, feel better now thanks again for the support it did help a lot, something I have learned from this is not to keep things to myself which I have done all my life.

Congrats to you and your wife Harry..sometimes sharing your shit feelings with someone , even in the cyber world , helps more than people realize.

I wish you both health now and in the future and the sooner we get back to slagging off Mendy and Stones on match day ,life will be even sweeter.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:40 am

+1 Harry, good news for the Missus and yourself.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wooders » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:41 am

Great news Harry, must be a bastard of a relief
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:10 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just to mention for all the guys who have been supportive during my wife’s illness, we had good news today, the cancer removed and not spread, so clear, will need radio type treatments but in the scheme of things the best result ever. With all this virus thing going on been the most horrible time ever, feel better now thanks again for the support it did help a lot, something I have learned from this is not to keep things to myself which I have done all my life.

fantastic news!
any updates from australia?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:12 am

On the question of the season just suddenly starting again when all this blows over, there's a major elephant in the room which nobody appears to have picked up on.

At the moment, the simplistic thinkers believe that football clubs will begin to train again next week because that's the current state of play - but this is utter bollocks. By this time next week the entire country will be ground to a halt, and it will likely be 6-8 weeks before there's a sign of improvement if China is anything to go by, and I think possibly even longer given the less draconian measures taken in Europe early on.

During this time, there will be no football training period, meaning that even if players individually manage to maintain a degree of fitness, come June if this situation is then improving, they will need a complete pre-season to be match sharp and at the right level to be playing competetive football and avoid injury - especially with there being talk of trying to play 3 games a week for a month.

I think everyone but especially dippers are still blind to what's coming down the road because measures are being added progressively rather than just slamming the doors shut, but what has happened in Italy and Spain IS going to happen in the UK in the next 7 days or so, in which case the pre-requisites of finishing the season such as player fitness needs to be a consideration and it becomes really hard to see the league being viable to end before the end of August or September.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Paul68 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:39 am

Great news mate.
All the best.
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:42 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:On the question of the season just suddenly starting again when all this blows over, there's a major elephant in the room which nobody appears to have picked up on.

At the moment, the simplistic thinkers believe that football clubs will begin to train again next week because that's the current state of play - but this is utter bollocks. By this time next week the entire country will be ground to a halt, and it will likely be 6-8 weeks before there's a sign of improvement if China is anything to go by, and I think possibly even longer given the less draconian measures taken in Europe early on.

During this time, there will be no football training period, meaning that even if players individually manage to maintain a degree of fitness, come June if this situation is then improving, they will need a complete pre-season to be match sharp and at the right level to be playing competetive football and avoid injury - especially with there being talk of trying to play 3 games a week for a month.

I think everyone but especially dippers are still blind to what's coming down the road because measures are being added progressively rather than just slamming the doors shut, but what has happened in Italy and Spain IS going to happen in the UK in the next 7 days or so, in which case the pre-requisites of finishing the season such as player fitness needs to be a consideration and it becomes really hard to see the league being viable to end before the end of August or September.

Yes, the current suspension is to the 30th April, but there is no chance of games starting then, and the longer it goes on the worse it gets. The start of next season could well be compromised, as well as the sale of season tickets which will start in a couple of months.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:46 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:On the question of the season just suddenly starting again when all this blows over, there's a major elephant in the room which nobody appears to have picked up on.

Yes, the current suspension is to the 30th April, but there is no chance of games starting then, and the longer it goes on the worse it gets. The start of next season could well be compromised, as well as the sale of season tickets which will start in a couple of months.

there will be no more football in 2020
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:10 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

there will be no more football in 2020

You may well be right NT

If that is the case, it will create a huge financial problem for clubs of all sizes. They won’t be raising any income from season ticket sales as HS alluded to and coupled with a lack of any match day income most clubs will really struggle. We may see a small number go the same way as Bury.

What I don’t get is the pundits and EFL and PL all saying this season must be finished whatever it takes, what do they propose about season 2020/21? Write it off!? Are all the reasons to finish one season in terms of broadcasting revenue, sponsorship etc not applicable next season?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:During this time, there will be no football training period, meaning that even if players individually manage to maintain a degree of fitness, come June if this situation is then improving, they will need a complete pre-season to be match sharp and at the right level to be playing competetive football and avoid injury - especially with there being talk of trying to play 3 games a week for a month.

I think everyone but especially dippers are still blind to what's coming down the road because measures are being added progressively rather than just slamming the doors shut,

To be fair, the Scousers just have to take enough 'vitamins' to get through 2 matches, and then play the kids for the remainder of the games...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:53 am

Top news mate x
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:59 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

fantastic news!

Yep, we have another granddaughter and all is well, especially the babies pair of lungs that are very loud, thanks for asking.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Fantastic news Harry, really pleased to hear your news, you and your missus must be so releaved
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:41 pm

Great news pal .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Simister » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:53 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:Delighted for you Harry, and moreso for your wife. Stay safe!

Ditto
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby salford city » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:23 pm

City64 wrote:

Great news pal .

Great news for you and the Mrs mate really pleased for the both of you. Congratulations on another grandchild as well
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

fantastic news!

Yep, we have another granddaughter and all is well, especially the babies pair of lungs that are very loud, thanks for asking.

Good news. I trust she will soon be indoctrinated as a blue.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:56 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

fantastic news!

Good news. I trust she will soon be indoctrinated as a blue.

It goes without saying
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Echo the sentiments, great to read your good news. Slainte
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext