PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby salford city » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Richard Keys hits out at the dippers -:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... k-21701483

100% spot on.

The yearning, from the same dipper lickers, for them to win the title no matter what shows no bounds.....

Fair play to gimforthat. He had better stay away from social media and his phone and inbox for a bit now though. Interesting point on Gerrard in that article . Well done Mr Keys you get my vote
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:11 pm

There will be no football for months. The dippers’ title is small beer to all the other issues the game will have to face.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:There will be no football for months. The dippers’ title is small beer to all the other issues the game will have to face.

Be interesting to see how many clubs go under with no income for possibly months. Macc Town are very unlikely to come through it unscathed for example.

Add to that we are heading for a huge recession on the back of this and it isn’t good news at all.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:13 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:There will be no football for months. The dippers’ title is small beer to all the other issues the game will have to face.

It’s pretty disgusting how this is being fought by the Dippers and their media lacky’s but I guess there’s something to hold on to in these grim times.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Simister » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:51 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Richard Keys hits out at the dippers -:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... k-21701483

100% spot on.

The yearning, from the same dipper lickers, for them to win the title no matter what shows no bounds.....

Fair play to gimforthat. He had better stay away from social media and his phone and inbox for a bit now though. Interesting point on Gerrard in that article . Well done Mr Keys you get my vote

Brave man. Scousers never forgive.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 pm

One of RAWKS finest works here -:

was watching a documentary about the Spanish flu of 1918/19..it killed more people than the first world War... And they still didnt cancel the wartime tournaments"

"Why void a season - voiding a season has never happened before in all of history"

"No one down the pub has got it, its all a mountain out of a moal hill"

"Who says the next season has to start in August? Next season doesnt matter"

"What happens if later down the line City are found guilty of FFP in the premier - LFC could have won the title already!"

"[u] [b]THE most important thing to happen this year has been LFC winning the title for the first time in 30 years, no amount of infections should be allowed to take the shine off that"[/b]

"The last few games of the season can be held instead of the Qatar WC - Along with FFP that would really hit City's owners where it hurts"

"Tens of millions WON'T die why even consider voiding the season"

"My idea - Finish the season 9 rounds whenever we can, but these games count for both this season and next, in effect 6 points per
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:50 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:One of RAWKS finest works here -:

was watching a documentary about the Spanish flu of 1918/19..it killed more people than the first world War... And they still didnt cancel the wartime tournaments"

"Why void a season - voiding a season has never happened before in all of history"

"What happens if later down the line City are found guilty of FFP in the premier - LFC could have won the title already!"

"[u] [b]THE most important thing to happen this year has been LFC winning the title for the first time in 30 years, no amount of infections should be allowed to take the shine off that"[/b]

"The last few games of the season can be held instead of the Qatar WC - Along with FFP that would really hit City's owners where it hurts"

"My idea - Finish the season 9 rounds whenever we can, but these games count for both this season and next, in effect 6 points per

The first three paragraphs I totally agree with, the rest is bloody ridiculous.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:

This time its really not their fault!
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:45 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:

You agree with the 1st 3 paragraphs? It’s all ridiculous, whoever written that is a fucking moron whose revisionism is either not based in fact or is being used to support his deluded, fucked up view of this period.

His first paragraph doesn’t take into account that the national leagues had been abandoned from 1915-19 and it was regional leagues that were set-up, mainly to keep morale up for a nation that was in a serious depression. The Spanish flu came straight after the end of the war and was only a contributor to a country trying to get back to normal. Interestingly, football wise, I think City won the Lancashire League in around 1916, do we class this as a top flight trophy?

Second paragraph links to the above in the form of Wars, as in WW2. After a few games in England all football was suspended and quickly abandoned after Germany invaded Poland. Does that class as void?

Last, what the fuck is a ‘Moal Hill’? If this is just a ‘Mole Hill’ then I wonder what this imbecile really knows about what’s coming his way? Directly or indirectly, our current predicament will impact everybody on earth, even if it is them crying because they cannot get their favourite meal from Asda or able to wipe their arse because some other selfish cunt has stock piled a years worth in their underground shelter.

Not having a dig at you, mate, just the thought of an absolute cockwomble giving his revisionism shit for the Dipper sheeples to propagate as the truth.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:58 pm

Samuels as ever, is a voice of reason in industry devoid of it. His article today basically says for the authorities to do the only thing they can in the situation. Namely, do nothing as nobody has any idea when normality will resume
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:05 pm

nottsblue wrote:Samuels as ever, is a voice of reason in industry devoid of it. His article today basically says for the authorities to do the only thing they can in the situation. Namely, do nothing as nobody has any idea when normality will resume

Not seen it yet, will have to go for a read. His last one was good, telling it is how there’s no redundancy within the sporting calendar as every organisation tries to get a piece of the pie, and how it’s only going to get worse with the proposed implementation of world and continental competitions.

I think he was alluding to the greed at every level.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:03 pm

Just to mention for all the guys who have been supportive during my wife’s illness, we had good news today, the cancer removed and not spread, so clear, will need radio type treatments but in the scheme of things the best result ever. With all this virus thing going on been the most horrible time ever, feel better now thanks again for the support it did help a lot, something I have learned from this is not to keep things to myself which I have done all my life.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:15 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just to mention for all the guys who have been supportive during my wife’s illness, we had good news today, the cancer removed and not spread, so clear, will need radio type treatments but in the scheme of things the best result ever. With all this virus thing going on been the most horrible time ever, feel better now thanks again for the support it did help a lot, something I have learned from this is not to keep things to myself which I have done all my life.

Wow. That is absolutely fantastic news pal. Still a long road for you both but that road is gonna be a miles better place now with the end goal in sight.

Made up for you
nottsblue

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just to mention for all the guys who have been supportive during my wife’s illness, we had good news today, the cancer removed and not spread, so clear, will need radio type treatments but in the scheme of things the best result ever. With all this virus thing going on been the most horrible time ever, feel better now thanks again for the support it did help a lot, something I have learned from this is not to keep things to myself which I have done all my life.

Wow. That is absolutely fantastic news pal. Still a long road for you both but that road is gonna be a miles better place now with the end goal in sight.

Made up for you

Thank you so much these replies and messages do mean a lot to us
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:38 pm

Get in! Been a shit day, great to hear good news.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Thanks Beefy, like I said, these messages mean so much.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:13 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Great to hear some good news in all this mess the world is in right now.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Thanks for that, I realise things are shit in the world, all I can say is these things will pass eventually.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

+1
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:01 am

Excellent. My best to you and yours.

In fact, best wishes to all of you. Stay safe and look after yourselves and those around you.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum