PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:00 pm

They’ve still got multimillion pound houses to pay for. A lot of the foreign players will be sending money back home to pay for family.

It’s not as easy as saying “right just take a wage cut!”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Mase wrote:They’ve still got multimillion pound houses to pay for. A lot of the foreign players will be sending money back home to pay for family.

Indeed, like everyone they will have planned for their level of income - think of Adebayor!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:They’ve still got multimillion pound houses to pay for. A lot of the foreign players will be sending money back home to pay for family.

Indeed, like everyone they will have planned for their level of income - think of Adebayor!

One of my mates sends £300 back home each month to pay for his huge estate and multiple servants.

Let’s not kid ourselves, the wages they get are astronomical, which I don’t have a problem with because we understand it’s an entertainment sport, but it has to be understood that the punter who makes it all possible for them is the down to earth guy who would probably get a pay rise due to furloughing.

Just think, if an average PL footballer could give about 1% of his wage to those that have been laid off it would cover 20 people’s wage. Just shows how fucked up the decision is for the likes of Spurs, a rich club who have decided that the majority of the average workforce will, in the long run, pay for their liabilities.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:57 pm

Dont live geared up. Dont have much sympathy for anyone that chooses to live in shitloads of debt... let alone billionaires
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:12 pm

Nick wrote:

Dont live geared up. Dont have much sympathy for anyone that chooses to live in shitloads of debt... let alone billionaires

Aren’t they supposed to be professional? To me that means they do their job, earn as much as possible from that job and not put themselves in a position that could compromise their position on a singlular decision?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:55 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Nick wrote:Likes of spurs and newcastle make me sick!

Pretty much all prem players should take a cut.

Wouldn't be an issue if city said 50% cut for all senior staff if a the other "big" clubs with "big" wages do it to.

These guys arent doing anything all day. Pay up or volunteer IMO

Think the heat would be off all PL players if they volunteered to donate a decent percentage of their wages to charity. Like everyone else, it's not as if they're doing much or going far!

25% of wages to local food bank / homeless type charities, 25% to lower league players.

Got to remember that at least 40% of their gross salary would be tax/NI payments. Donate to charity at source may reduce the tax payments and ensure enough goes to the chosen charity.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:17 am

Nick wrote:

I doubt they live in debt, hence why they’ve not given any money up yet..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:28 am

Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:

You would be gobsmacked at the number of bankrupt ex footballers. Far higher as a percentage than regular occupations
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:47 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:

You would be gobsmacked at the number of bankrupt ex footballers. Far higher as a percentage than regular occupations

Yeah I get some ex footballers have gone bankrupt. There will be a small amount of current footballers that are currently bankrupt though, and that’s because of not offering pay cuts.

Telling every Premier League footballer “you have to take a 30% cut” isn’t right. What about Foden on a considerable amount less than Aguero? What about players at Norwich that won’t be on anywhere near the players at the top end of the Prem?

It’s not as easy as them just taking a cut. Most of these foreign players will have come over and never used the NHS as they’ll be on private medical. It’s not up to them to bail out our healthcare system.

However, English players - you may have an argument for.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:41 am

What a fucking vomit UEFA is, what a fucking pile of shit.

https://money.yahoo.com/uefa-threatens- ... 11851.html

Following the announcement that the Belgian top flight had cancelled the remainder of its league season, UEFA has put all member nations on notice with multiple public announcements that warned there would be consequences if a federation did not exhaust all options before calling time on its domestic competition.

The continental governing body issued a letter that threatened any league making such decisions at this time could be kicked out of European competition
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:21 am

PeterParker wrote:What a fucking vomit UEFA is, what a fucking pile of shit.

https://money.yahoo.com/uefa-threatens- ... 11851.html

Following the announcement that the Belgian top flight had cancelled the remainder of its league season, UEFA has put all member nations on notice with multiple public announcements that warned there would be consequences if a federation did not exhaust all options before calling time on its domestic competition.

The continental governing body issued a letter that threatened any league making such decisions at this time could be kicked out of European competition

Ti be fair to the Belgian FA they probably feel they are already the poor relation of europe eith the amount of places that they currently get so they figure, what the fuck we will make our own decision and move on. Fair play yo them and they can now crack on in preparation for a new season whenever that may be
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:18 am

Still feel the current season won't be completed. When we get to June and still no sign of games being restarted, I think the lines of sky and bt will change their focus and the new season will become important. Why fuck up 2 seasons
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:37 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:

Yeah I get some ex footballers have gone bankrupt. There will be a small amount of current footballers that are currently bankrupt though, and that’s because of not offering pay cuts.

Telling every Premier League footballer “you have to take a 30% cut” isn’t right. What about Foden on a considerable amount less than Aguero? What about players at Norwich that won’t be on anywhere near the players at the top end of the Prem?

It’s not as easy as them just taking a cut. Most of these foreign players will have come over and never used the NHS as they’ll be on private medical. It’s not up to them to bail out our healthcare system.

However, English players - you may have an argument for.

Absolutely footballers should not be made to feel guilty and give money to the NHS. Thats for governments to allocate resources. As I mentioned previously I am very much of the opinion that a salary is between an individual and an employer. Should an employee wish to defer or reduce their salary then it's a private matter, not one for a Cabinet Minister to get involved in
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:43 am

beginning to sound like that Python sketch "What have the Romans ..."

Anyway, what about the Musicians? Stones , rich ex Beatles , Coldplay, Robbie W, ?

Why single out Footballers

Some of these greedy businessmen , like Branson , don't mind hiving it off in tax havens and then have the balls to expect the tax payers to help them out . Isn't this a risk you take when you invest in Companies ? With all the profits , sometimes there's a loss.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:47 am

zuricity wrote:beginning to sound like that Python sketch "What have the Romans ..."

Anyway, what about the Musicians? Stones , rich ex Beatles , Coldplay, Robbie W, ?

Some of these greedy businessmen , like Branson , don't mind hiving it off in tax havens and then have the balls to expect the tax payers to help them out . Isn't this a risk you take when you invest in Companies ? With all the profits , sometimes there's a loss.

I do find it suspicious that a government minister specifically picks on footballers but never mentions hedge fund managers :D :D
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 am

Apart from making shitty home workout videos - what are most of these “influencers” doing to help? Some of them earn shit loads for sitting on their arse all day and have little talent. Let’s start with the talentless earning more than they should before we look at Premier League footballers that are performing at a level most of the world can’t.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
zuricity wrote:beginning to sound like that Python sketch "What have the Romans ..."

I do find it suspicious that a government minister specifically picks on footballers but never mentions hedge fund managers :D :D

Or that fella Green who plundered pension funds.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:17 am

I think Stones should contribute to this, to be honest

He stole a lot of money from football. Time to give some back.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:07 pm

PeterParker wrote:I think Stones should contribute to this, to be honest

Beeb now reporting scousers are to furlough non-playing staff. Does that include the media,?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:56 pm

salford city wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I think Stones should contribute to this, to be honest

Beeb now reporting scousers are to furlough non-playing staff. Does that include the media,?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum