PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Mase wrote:I reckon Otamendi has already sacrificed his wages.

We pay him :o
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:29 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:I reckon Otamendi has already sacrificed his wages.

We pay him :o

He deserves more.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Matt Hancock health secretary being quoted on bbc saying PLfootballers should fo their bit by taking pay cut. Be interesting to see what happens next - the PFA phone line will be ringing off the hook
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:46 pm

salford city wrote:Matt Hancock health secretary being quoted on bbc saying PLfootballers should fo their bit by taking pay cut. Be interesting to see what happens next - the PFA phone line will be ringing off the hook

As much as they areoverpaid compared to the vast majority of the public in my and most folks opinion, what they earn is quite frankly no business of the Health Secretary. Why not pick out musicians or actors or other highly paid sports people? I’m sure a lot of footballers will sacrifice some of their wages to help their clubs, those that do have my respect for giving something back. But it will be their choice.

But I do think the PFA are wrong to suggest that no player should accept reduced terms or a pay deference before speaking to them. It is a matter for the individual and his employer
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:15 pm

What’s TwoSips doing to help? He earns millions now filming himself at matches. Will he still be able to earn his millions whilst there’s no matches on?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 pm

Belgian league cancelled and final league positions are as they were before suspension
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:Belgian league cancelled and final league positions are as they were before suspension

The leaders had already won it to be fair. I think there was one match left?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:57 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Belgian league cancelled and final league positions are as they were before suspension

One match of the regular season. Then the league does some weird split and they play on with the top 6/8 teams. To be fair they were miles in front
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

One match of the regular season. Then the league does some weird split and they play on with the top 6/8 teams. To be fair they were miles in front

Ah okay. Weird!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:12 pm

salford city wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:The players need to take a long, hard look at themselves and one of them needs to take the lead by stating that they accept that they will only take a portion of their wage, if anything at all. Then they need to say that their club will put a good percentage of the money saved to ensure the none playing staff don’t lose out and that the rest will go to the community around them who have paid for them to be there by way of ticket sales or subscriptions to The broadcasters.

What Spurs have done is an absolute disgrace and the PL will be coming under considerable pressure from all areas of the population. Dirty twats!

Ps. Just watching the Beeb and this story, can you guess who they show celebrating lifting the trophy like they are the anti-Christ?

Agree with your sentiments here mate up until the last bit. To be fair and I'm not usually with the Beeb, we are the only team they can show lifting the PL trophy no fucker has won it for the past two years

You might disagree but it was perfectly set for every time the wage issue is raised it will be us derided as the money club and scourge of football, even though we don’t have the highest wage bill or paid player.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:29 pm

This will be handed to dippers. Only a matter of time. But the silver lining is that this season will always be tarnished by the events across the world.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Scatman » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:31 pm

Our players should agree to take a 100% pay reduction and then let the sheikh pay them under the table
Scatman

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:53 pm

Scatman wrote:Our players should agree to take a 100% pay reduction and then let the sheikh pay them under the table

Agreed, that said, watching ITV news just now..... "4 premier League teams Furlough non playing staff" article went on to mention spurs and then the health secretary suggesting players make a contribution to the non playing staff by reducing their own wages. Fair enough and an obvious solution to save backroom staffs livelihood.

The live to nation article finished with a shot of our club celebrating last season's win.

In my mind they were inferring we were one of the 4 clubs fairloughing!!!! Iirc, last week OUR club said they would pay ALL casual match day staff up until the end of the normal season? Which to my mind means surely the sheikh will look after all permanent staff???
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:29 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Scatman wrote:Our players should agree to take a 100% pay reduction and then let the sheikh pay them under the table

Agreed, that said, watching ITV news just now..... "4 premier League teams Furlough non playing staff" article went on to mention spurs and then the health secretary suggesting players make a contribution to the non playing staff by reducing their own wages. Fair enough and an obvious solution to save backroom staffs livelihood.

The live to nation article finished with a shot of our club celebrating last season's win.

In my mind they were inferring we were one of the 4 clubs fairloughing!!!!
Iirc, last week OUR club said they would pay ALL casual match day staff up until the end of the normal season? Which to my mind means surely the sheikh will look after all permanent staff???

Its that cunt Ian Herbert again...if we dont ban this piece of shit then I give up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:20 am

There's a piece on the Beeb claiming the figure that would have to be paid back to broadcasters if the season is not completed is £750 million. Prem clubs meeting via conference call today and expectation is to push back date again - what a waste of fucking time
The article also mentions the possibility that until play resumes, PL clubs could turn their stadiums over to the NHS without mentioning that us and Noreich have already done so
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:50 am

Likes of spurs and newcastle make me sick!

Pretty much all prem players should take a cut.

Wouldn't be an issue if city said 50% cut for all senior staff if a the other "big" clubs with "big" wages do it to.

These guys arent doing anything all day. Pay up or volunteer IMO
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Nick wrote:Likes of spurs and newcastle make me sick!

Wouldn't be an issue if city said 50% cut for all senior staff if a the other "big" clubs with "big" wages do it to.

Think the heat would be off all PL players if they volunteered to donate a decent percentage of their wages to charity. Like everyone else, it's not as if they're doing much or going far!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Justified logic » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:28 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Nick wrote:Likes of spurs and newcastle make me sick!

Think the heat would be off all PL players if they volunteered to donate a decent percentage of their wages to charity. Like everyone else, it's not as if they're doing much or going far!

25% of wages to local food bank / homeless type charities, 25% to lower league players.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Naturally (because of the profile and money involved) PL players are always the focus of media and political attention, but further down the scale players are already taking action. At Brentford, who have additional problems as they were due to move into a new stadium next season and work on completing that has stopped, the first team squad have agreed to defer ' a significant proportion' of their wages until football is resumed. I don't suppose this will be reported though.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Crossie » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:52 pm

I really thought by now a footballer, or their marketing person, would have spotted the opportunity here and gone first. It’s the sort of thing I thought Raheem would have done. Massive voluntary pay cut with the insistence that some of it goes to charities/NHS.

Once one does it, all the others will have to or look like right c&nts.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum