Arteta positive

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Arteta positive

Postby ruralblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Fuck me. Arteta now.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: Arteta positive

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:30 pm

they have to postpone this weekend's games at the very least
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 pm

The thing is does anyone know anyone that has it ? It's not polio ffs

I genuinely think I had it really bad flu for 2 weeks, had blood in nose and throat. Worked from home for a week, feel better now.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 pm

bigblue wrote:they have to postpone this weekend's games at the very least

Until when ? Only going to grow
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ruralblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:32 pm

bigblue wrote:they have to postpone this weekend's games at the very least

Next two weeks to be totally sure.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 pm

I honestly dont get the thought behind self isolation for people that may not have it. 100% agree with protecting the vulnerable. But if everyone "self isolates" for 14 days, goes out on 15th day and gets it, then what ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:41 pm

Nick wrote:The thing is does anyone know anyone that has it ? It's not polio ffs

I genuinely think I had it really bad flu for 2 weeks, had blood in nose and throat. Worked from home for a week, feel better now.

You sound like a total idiot.

It's not about fit 20-30 year old dying from it. It's about them spreading the virus to more vulnerable members of society and causing deaths that could have been prevented. It's also about flattening the peak of the epidemic so healthcare systems don't get completely overwhelmed to the point where they don't have the resources to care for patients with other illnesses/injuries.

I'm honestly amazed by your insistence to continue posting nonsense when you clearly know nothing about the subject.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Nick wrote:I honestly dont get the thought behind self isolation for people that may not have it. 100% agree with protecting the vulnerable. But if everyone "self isolates" for 14 days, goes out on 15th day and gets it, then what ?

It’s like an empty gesture, as long as there’s still a feel good then people will push on through. Everybody knows it’s going to hit but what we don’t want is mass panic, that’s costly to the economy.

Just imagine if they closed the schools where at least one of the parents had to stay at home. You couldn’t even leave that responsibility to the grandparents due to the increased risk.

To really understand how this is affecting us you need to look no further than Boris Johnson’s briefing the other day, his demeanour is sullen and somewhat cowardly.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Nick wrote:I honestly dont get the thought behind self isolation for people that may not have it. 100% agree with protecting the vulnerable. But if everyone "self isolates" for 14 days, goes out on 15th day and gets it, then what ?

It’s like an empty gesture, as long as there’s still a feel good then people will push on through. Everybody knows it’s going to hit but what we don’t want is mass panic, that’s costly to the economy.

Just imagine if they closed the schools where at least one of the parents had to stay at home. You couldn’t even leave that responsibility to the grandparents due to the increased risk.

To really understand how this is affecting us you need to look no further than Boris Johnson’s briefing the other day, his demeanour is sullen and somewhat cowardly.

England is a few weeks behind other countries. Schools just closed yesterday until mid April out here in Washington State.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:49 pm

Here’s a question. After Arsenal players self isolating and then their manager contracting the virus, surely the risk assessment would increase substantially according to the link?

So where does that leave all those that have been in contact with him?

Saying that, he does remind me of a snivelling little kid - bubbles of snot out his nose as he wipes it on his sleeve.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 pm

bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

England is a few weeks behind other countries. Schools just closed yesterday until mid April out here in Washington State.

We’re trying to see it out until our natural 2 week break at Easter where most have already booked off for childcare purposes. We’ll then probably extend the closure period, before/after, which will be covered by the new social funding system.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:So where does that leave all those that have been in contact with him?

Pretty simple, they should get tested asap and follow basic precautions including avoiding crowded public places for 14 days.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 pm

PL having an emergency meeting tomorrow mor ing with the clubs. Surely they will suspend matches.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:55 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nick wrote:The thing is does anyone know anyone that has it ? It's not polio ffs

It's not about fit 20-30 year old dying from it. It's about them spreading the virus to more vulnerable members of society and causing deaths that could have been prevented. It's also about flattening the peak of the epidemic so healthcare systems don't get completely overwhelmed to the point where they don't have the resources to care for patients with other illnesses/injuries.

I'm honestly amazed by your insistence to continue posting nonsense when you clearly know nothing about the subject.

Chill out pal.

Delaying too early and creating mass panic just means everyone (inc the economy) is fucked in 2 months instead of now. What's the rationale there ? Hospitals are gearing up for it to hit ? Wont be able to cope regardless. And tools panic buying creates the shortage of stuff.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:05 pm

bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:So where does that leave all those that have been in contact with him?

Pretty simple, they should get tested asap and follow basic precautions including avoiding crowded public places for 14 days.

Perfect. Would that include being with hundreds of thousands of fans.

Game on!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:07 pm

Ffs my big essay didn't post cant be arsed typing again
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:07 pm

Nick wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Chill out pal.

Delaying too early and creating mass panic just means everyone (inc the economy) is fucked in 2 months instead of now. What's the rationale there ? Hospitals are gearing up for it to hit ? Wont be able to cope regardless. And tools panic buying creates the shortage of stuff.

The problem is, Nick, our under funded NHS are not ready and haven’t got time to get up to standard before the peak.

We’ve been caught on the hop.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Perfect. Would that include being with hundreds of thousands of fans.

Game on!

No, it would include people who've been within 6 feet of him for an extended period of time (not just walking by)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Nick wrote:Delaying too early and creating mass panic just means everyone (inc the economy) is fucked in 2 months instead of now.

I take it you haven't been following the stock market recently?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:25 am

bigblue wrote:

How on earth can you conclude from the two sentences Nick wrote that he is not aware of the issues which you raise ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Return to The Maine Football forum