5 Star Foden

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 5 Star Foden

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:31 pm

He’s up there with Kolarov.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Phil put in a fantastic performance on the big stage at Wembley last Sunday well done that lad . Carl is still an armchair cunt of the highest order though.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Hope he starts tonight
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:19 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Peps take on Jadon Sancho, I know it will not help you Carl, And As i said it is Foden Time. You have got the Pep stick out of your arse from your Madrid meltdown ! So here goes. I did my best to find it just for you BTW X Pep Guardiola left puzzled by Jadon Sancho's decision to leave Manchester City for Borussia Dortmund
Save
Jadon Sancho turned his back on Manchester City to sign with German giants Borussia Dortmund
Jadon Sancho turned his back on Manchester City to sign with German giants Borussia Dortmund CREDIT: ALEXANDRE SIMOES/BORUSSIA DORTMUND

James Ducker
8 SEPTEMBER 2017 • 10:30PM
Follow
Pep Guardiola has accused Jadon Sancho of reneging on a verbal agreement to sign a professional contract with Manchester City, but admitted the England Under-17 winger will have more chance of playing first team football at Borussia Dortmund this season.

Sancho rejected an eye-watering £30,000 a week offer from City to join Dortmund last week in a projected £10 million deal, but Guardiola claimed the club could not have done more to try to keep one of their outstanding academy prospects.

Guardiola said he had “shaken hands” with Sancho on a deal that would have made him the club’s highest paid academy player only for the 17-year-old to tell him he wanted to leave City before the club’s pre-season tour of the US, which prompted the manager to omit the youngster from the travelling party.

As revealed by the Telegraph, Sancho reacted by failing to turn up for training for several weeks prior to his move to Dortmund, who have paid an initial £8 million for the player and agreed to City having a substantial sell-on clause.

It is understood that several agents were trying to muscle in on the deal, which complicated negotiations, something Guardiola appeared to hint at when he referenced how City had talks with the player’s “managers and the other managers”.

Pep Guardiola was left unimpressed by Sancho's decision to leave City
Pep Guardiola was left unimpressed by Sancho's decision to leave City CREDIT: OLI SCARFF/AFP

Follow your club now for first access to all our news, views and analysis

Man City
Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Red Bull Leipzig were among the overseas clubs that vied for Sancho’s signature, with City opposed to selling the teenager to Premier League rivals such as Manchester United, Arsenal and Spurs, who had requested Sancho as part of the deal that took England right back Kyle Walker to City.

City have had a poor record of blooding young players in their first team since the Abu Dhabi takeover in 2008 and Guardiola accepted that Sancho believes he has a better chance of playing at Dortmund. But he is adamant the club could not have made more of an effort to keep him and is disappointed the winger decided to leave.

“We did absolutely everything but I think it was not [about] the salary, maybe he thought he would get more minutes at Dortmund and I can understand that,” the City manager said.

Sancho was highly rated at City and was wanted by a host of Europe's top clubs, including Real Madrid and Barcelona
Sancho was highly rated at City and was wanted by a host of Europe's top clubs, including Real Madrid and Barcelona CREDIT: ANDREW MATTHEWS/PA
“He visualized that he will play more than here. I don’t know what will happen. We will see because in the end [young players] have to show on the pitch their quality.

“But he has to know, the family has to know and especially the managers have to know we had a lot of confidence in him. We put a lot of confidence in him, like we did with [Phil] Foden and Brahim [Diaz] and other guys to help them to grow up from here. But at the end when they don’t want to stay, there is nothing to say.

“There are two sides to the decision and if one side doesn’t want it, it doesn’t want. We arrived at an agreement with Sancho, we shake our hands [on a deal], so we offered him a huge deal in terms of the salary. Even after when they say ‘No’, we met the father and the managers, and the other managers, and with him, but if the player says ‘No, no, no, no, no’, what can we do?”

Guardiola said he thought he had agreed a deal with Sancho and was then disappointed when the player said he wanted to leave and equally dismayed that he failed to show for training on so many occasions after being omitted from the US tour squad.

“We shake our hands and after that, before we went to the States, he decided, or the managers decided, ‘I am not going to sign the contract’,” Guardiola said.

“We said, ‘OK, you are not going to travel to the States because if you are not going to sign the contract, you are going to stay here’, and after that for the last two or three weeks he didn’t appear in the training sessions. He should come but he didn’t. I said, ‘Where are you?’

“All I can say is big luck to him because he has a huge talent, he will be good for the England teams but it’s the decision of the player. We tried absolutely everything to help them to play with us and he wanted to play in the first team.

“I said, ‘OK, you are going to train with us, if you win you are going to play or not, because in the high level it depends on your quality’ but in the end he moved on to Dortmund.

“We cannot control that. There were many teams interested in him because he is a huge talent. That is why we offered him the best contract possible to continue with us but he decided to move on and with that we cannot fight. I wish him all the best and hopefully we can play them in the Champions League.”

Guardiola was keen for Sancho to test himself against the best City had to offer and insisted he would never guarantee any player game time.

“I cannot assure even the best players we have, like Sergio [Aguero] and other ones, that they are going to play. I never did. I am not going to tell you, ‘I assure you, you will play all the games in the season’ [in order] to sign the contract. I would be a liar.

“You offer a guy who is 17 years old … you start the phase where you duel with Kyle Walker, with [Benjamin] Mendy, with [Vincent] Kompany and we will see what is your level, your dribbling, when you are going to play against all the full backs in the Premier League.

“That is what we believe is the next step, but he decided to move on, and the player does not want to stay.”

Well , after reading this I find it fuckign hard to see where Sancho has been a Twat and/or treated the club badly...........if anything Id say he was the opposite of everything hes been accused of...NOT ONE BAD WORD against our club or PEP..the exact opposite actually...is that the attitude of some TWAT who has a bad attitude ?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... tmund.html

Jadon Sancho's ruthless ambition saw him reject £30,000 a week aged 17 at Manchester City... he wowed with his tricks and flicks in their academy and was promised a fast-track to the first team before quitting for Dortmund

Manchester City's inability to keep hold of Jadon Sancho looks worse with every jaw-dropping run and goal added to his tally at Borussia Dortmund.

Now one of the most sought-after young players in the game with clubs (including City) climbing over each other for his signature, it seems a worthy time to reflect on his time in their academy and decision to take a leap of faith in the Bundesliga.

Why did one of City's most promising starlets turn his back on a £30,000-per-week deal at one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League with arguably the world's best coach at the helm?

Sancho moved to the club as a 15-year-old from Watford, leaving Hertfordshire to join one of the most sophisticated youth set-ups in the country.

He immediately impressed and demonstrated why City splashed out £66,000, rising to £500,000 with add-ons.

On his full debut for the Under-18s, playing against some opponents who were three years older than him, Sancho bagged a double to wow his new coach Jason Wilcox.

After the game Wilcox told the Manchester Evening News: 'For a young kid playing his first Under-18s football match I thought he was sensational.

'I'm really looking forward to working with him because he's a talented boy who works really hard.'

For some youngsters, settling into a new environment away from their home town can be a struggle, but Sancho was at a boarding school funded by Watford from the age of 11 so was already independent and adaptable.
Sancho spent two seasons with City with Brahim Diaz (right) and Raheem Sterling

'I was still in England and I knew I could go back home. It was a bit further away but I could see the family every three weeks or so. Settling there was not a problem,' he has since explained.

Sancho possessed dazzling ability honed in the football cages of south London. He exhibited those skills on the pitch and was a tireless worker, like most top class players, obsessed with constant improvement. His eye-catching tricks increased interest in him and generated a buzz.

One of Sancho's heroes is Ronaldinho and he took great pleasure in posting his own outrageous pieces of skill on social media as a young teenager.

A clip he shared in April 2017 showed him cutting in from wide on the left flank, beating eight players and scoring a peach against Arsenal.
Sancho trained at City's state-of-the-art complex but always wanted to push for more
Another the previous year involved a highlight reel of nutmegs.

Sancho produced the cold hard numbers to go with his flashy touches too. In the 2016-17 season he slotted 13 goals in 15 games for the Under-18s with four assists, three goals in seven for the Under-23s and two in six for the side in the UEFA Youth League.

The winger rarely spoke publicly or gave interviews but a post-game comment after a comeback win over Celtic demonstrated Sancho's interest in the game tactically.

'We went 3-4-3 which was more attacking. That meant it was harder for the opposition because we had more bodies in midfield and they couldn't get out,' he reflected after being named Man of the Match in a 3-2 victory.

Sancho's irrepressible talent and hunger had him constantly striving for the next challenge but opportunities at a higher level were few and far between.

Despite being told by coaches that he would be fast-tracked along with Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz into the first-team, the reality was different.

The winger has grown into one of the most sought-after young players in world football

City were desperate for him to stay but with Leroy Sane, Riyad Mahrez, Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva all fully-fledged international stars ahead of him in the pecking order, Sancho felt his development was at best stifled, at worst blocked.

Once City came to terms with the fact that one of the jewels in their academy crown wanted to leave, they were determined to make sure it wasn't to a Premier League rival.

At the time senior figures at the club made noises to suggest Sancho was listening to the wrong advice. They had been willing to make him their highest paid academy player in history.

But when Borussia Dortmund came calling with an £8million transfer fee, promises of game time and the No 7 shirt, all parties accepted the move.

Since joining the Bundesliga side in 2017, Sancho has racked up 31 goals in all competitions before his 20th birthday.

Pep Guardiola has hardly been able to hide his disappointment and when asked about Sancho's exit, said: 'I don't know. He didn't want to take this challenge, this opportunity to discover if he was able to (be good enough for City).
Sancho had an impressive scoring record and was told he'd be fast-tracked to the first team

'He decided to go there. So, it's perfect. It's going well and congratulations on what he is doing.'

[b][size=150]The player himself has refused to criticise City or go into detail about why he left the club
. He diplomatically preferred to speak about the lure of Dortmund. [/size][/b]

'Why Dortmund? It speaks for itself: youngsters get opportunities,' he told FourFourTwo.

'You've got to thank Dortmund, because it's unheard of for a team that gets 80,000 fans at every home game to put so much faith in youngsters.

'It was crazy how many clubs wanted me – it shows how well you're doing, but I always felt Dortmund was right for me.'

And he is by no means burning bridges with anyone at City, adding: 'When I left, there was a lot of people that doubted me – they were like "oh you shouldn't have left Pep Guardiola" – but I just thought that it was the best thing for me.
Sancho says there is no acrimony between himself and Pep Guardiola despite leaving

'I still have love for Pep, I still love everyone at the club, because they took me from Watford and helped me develop into who I am today.'

His old team-mate Diaz joined Real Madrid for £20m but is struggling for game time, while Foden continues to fight for minutes and has not been able to develop as rapidly at City as Sancho has with Dortmund, perhaps vindicating the decision to leave.

The 19-year-old is helping his side battle for the Bundesliga and Champions League and forming an enviable combination with Erling Haaland and Marco Reus.

He'll almost certainly be in Gareth Southgate's England squad for the European Championship this summer and the ruthless ambition he showed in leaving City continues to fuel his ascent to the very top.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:18 pm

A lot of things in the article, which I read in the Mail are sickening tbh. Loyalty in football forget it it. 4 yrs education at a boarding school paid for by Watford, he walks away, no issue see ya. He is with us just over 12 months 15-16 and at 16 is thinking my career is stalling I am not in the 1st team set up, We get wind he is talking to many clubs just like he will have been when we got him a year ago. CASH COW, Lets get it right 2 yrs later he leaves Dortmund. Money talks players walk. Super talented making a lot of people a lot of money Jermaine Pennant, Daniel Sturridge, all similar paths. Almost like people trafficking. Haaland will move again and the agent gets double bubble - Dortmund !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Hazy2 wrote:A lot of things in the article, which I read in the Mail are sickening tbh. Loyalty in football forget it it. 4 yrs education at a boarding school paid for by Watford, he walks away, no issue see ya. He is with us just over 12 months 15-16 and at 16 is thinking my career is stalling I am not in the 1st team set up, We get wind he is talking to many clubs just like he will have been when we got him a year ago. CASH COW, Lets get it right 2 yrs later he leaves Dortmund. Money talks players walk. Super talented making a lot of people a lot of money Jermaine Pennant, Daniel Sturridge, all similar paths. Almost like people trafficking. Haaland will move again and the agent gets double bubble - Dortmund !

Loyalty in Football is very very rare - not just from the players but also from clubs who will sell you if the price is right regardless of how you feel.

Fact.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:43 pm

Foden is being pretty loyal to us right now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:A lot of things in the article, which I read in the Mail are sickening tbh. Loyalty in football forget it it. 4 yrs education at a boarding school paid for by Watford, he walks away, no issue see ya. He is with us just over 12 months 15-16 and at 16 is thinking my career is stalling I am not in the 1st team set up, We get wind he is talking to many clubs just like he will have been when we got him a year ago. CASH COW, Lets get it right 2 yrs later he leaves Dortmund. Money talks players walk. Super talented making a lot of people a lot of money Jermaine Pennant, Daniel Sturridge, all similar paths. Almost like people trafficking. Haaland will move again and the agent gets double bubble - Dortmund !

Loyalty in Football is very very rare - not just from the players but also from clubs who will sell you if the price is right regardless of how you feel.

Fact.

100% and Agents win win.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Loyalty in football hasn't been rare in our club since the takeover.
Out of all our Superstars, despite the media every year saying how Barca/Real Madrid would be coming in for Aguero/Silva etc the fact is they along with Kompany/Zabba etc only left or are leaving at a pre determined date after all their best years with us. The only one of our great players to flirt with leaving was Yaya and that was because his agent was a prick and Yaya wasn't the cleverest for being pals with him but we still got 8 great years with him.

Out of the current younger ones there's never been a murmur about Kev, Ederson or Bernardo, Raz signed the new contract last year. The only one who's refused is Sane so all in all we're doing great. Foden looks like he loves every training session and every minute he's on the pitch. Hopefully the fact he wasn't on the field at Hillsbrough means he'll play Sunday as that's normally the sort of game he's played.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:18 pm

stupot wrote:Loyalty in football hasn't been rare in our club since the takeover.
Out of all our Superstars, despite the media every year saying how Barca/Real Madrid would be coming in for Aguero/Silva etc the fact is they along with Kompany/Zabba etc only left or are leaving at a pre determined date after all their best years with us. The only one of our great players to flirt with leaving was Yaya and that was because his agent was a prick and Yaya wasn't the cleverest for being pals with him but we still got 8 great years with him.

Out of the current younger ones there's never been a murmur about Kev, Ederson or Bernardo, Raz signed the new contract last year. The only one who's refused is Sane so all in all we're doing great. Foden looks like he loves every training session and every minute he's on the pitch. Hopefully the fact he wasn't on the field at Hillsbrough means he'll play Sunday as that's normally the sort of game he's played.

And even when some have left, they’ve still mentioned City a lot.

Dzeko and Kolarov had the interview last season where they said they were watching every City game cheering us on. Balo mentions City a lot - especially when we play the rags.

Most have been loyal even after they’ve left us.
Last edited by Mase on Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Loyalty in football hasn't been rare in our club since the takeover.

Dzeko and Kolarov has the interview last season where they said they were watching every City game cheering us on. Balo mentions City a lot - especially when we play the rags.

Very true , even Yaya sings our praises / loyalty at every opportunity. He even fucked his dickhead agent off . Zabba exceptional in loyalty proper fucking man .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:06 pm

Mase wrote:

Dzeko and Kolarov had the interview last season where they said they were watching every City game cheering us on. Balo mentions City a lot - especially when we play the rags.

Love that. Was always a theme with city players vs rags (stam horseface Beckham keane) over the years
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Fairly sure I saw summat earlier this afternoon on Twitter by City Xtra that had "quote" marks of Pep saying Phil will start against the rags?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:45 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Fairly sure I saw summat earlier this afternoon on Twitter by City Xtra that had "quote" marks of Pep saying Phil will start against the rags?

He didn’t say anyone would start. He was asked if Phil is ready for this sort of game and said he is ready for big games. It was a general reply, not specific to Sunday.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Fairly sure I saw summat earlier this afternoon on Twitter by City Xtra that had "quote" marks of Pep saying Phil will start against the rags?

He did. He said “he’ll play the next game” after Wednesday.

Edit - “They were playing good, I didn’t want to move much,” was Guardiola’s reply, but he then added: “He’s ready. He has to be ready. Next game, he’s going to play.”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Mase wrote:

Edit - “They were playing good, I didn’t want to move much,” was Guardiola’s reply, but he then added: “He’s ready. He has to be ready. Next game, he’s going to play.”

I will be lightening quick to see the team sheet exactly one hour before the game........... and Ill be ready.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:20 pm

Mase wrote:

Ah I didn’t see it on Wednesday. My comment was what he said in the press conference today.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Fuck me an epitaph.
Kid is 19 looks fucking 14 be patient ffs
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:32 pm

City64 wrote:Fuck me an epitaph.

A 19 year old isn't a kid.

Shall we bench him on Sunday and play DS instead ?...John will be very happy if we do and probably Beefy as well...how about you ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:33 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:Fuck me an epitaph.

A 19 year old isn't a kid.

Shall we bench him on Sunday and play DS instead ?...John will be very happy if we do and probably Beefy as well...how about you ?

Doesn't he have a one year old child ? Clearly his balls have dropped.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum