5 Star Foden

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 5 Star Foden

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:51 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Let’s be fair Carl 2 mill a year give or take for a kid who was 16 when the club not Pep were determined to get him strapped in before Pep left Bayern
Phill is different gravy he was living the dream as a blue, all clubs the homegrown are easy to keep stable .Your right as Brute is we need to secure the best, Jadons side of it would be interesting, however I think our club is the best run club in world sport, but this one was not in our control. Clubs lose diamonds Think Chelsea with KDB and Salah, the scum had Martinelli at the swamp 4x he joined Arsenal.

Fair enough.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Hazy - KDB and Salah were deemed not good enough for Chelsea by Mourinho. They didn’t leave because they chose to leave.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:People can say Sancho was a twat - that’s irrelevant, he’s absolutely smashing it and showing what can happen when a good kid is given a chance.

He was Mase it's a fact. Would love him back, but he left mate, he had his head turned, treated the club to a piss poor departure when he had no need too. Who knows how it would have played out

I say Foden-time is here, But we are seeing the end of the greatest Player in City's History for me, not some average Joe. I trust Pep Chill it's Monday and we have another Trophy. Phil was M.O.M Happy days ALL ROUND lets enjoy both and say a respectful good bye to Merlin as Phil takes the plaudits, And BTW Silva is Foden's hero

I can understand the frustration re Foden and his playing time and I understand Sancho appears to be in a better position at the moment, etc...
But these are still very young players, both under 20, still developing physically and it is the long term that is important, not the here and now.
it is way to soon to make judgement that Sancho did the right thing by forcing a move and that Foden is wasting time by staying.

Foden is being protected, educated and groomed for the future - a long term investment.
Sancho is being run into the ground at 19 - looks like nobody is looking out for him long term.
I prefer the way Foden is being handled.

I think Foden has made the correct choices but the judgement call on both players careers cannot be made until they are around 26.

https://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/2020 ... hil-foden/

Fair points but it is tricky to get the right balance.

One question though: are there reports anywhere that Phil has suggested he may want to leave?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:59 am

Why on earth did we buy Mahrez when Foden can play his position? That money could have been spent on a decent defender. Apparently we have another talented winger in the academy, can't remember his name, another German club are sniffing around.
No wonder our talented youth players are fleeing, we are not sending them the right message, what are they thinking when raw talent like Foden sat on bench week in week out?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:45 am

Outcast wrote:Why on earth did we buy Mahrez when Foden can play his position? That money could have been spent on a decent defender. Apparently we have another talented winger in the academy, can't remember his name, another German club are sniffing around.
No wonder our talented youth players are fleeing, we are not sending them the right message, what are they thinking when raw talent like Foden sat on bench week in week out?

Mahrez was the most stupidest signing PeP ever made !!! He was not needed at all and he fucking chased him for 2 windows ffs !!

60 million could of gotten us a top class defender - which was needed .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:01 am

Outcast wrote:Why on earth did we buy Mahrez when Foden can play his position? That money could have been spent on a decent defender. Apparently we have another talented winger in the academy, can't remember his name, another German club are sniffing around.

Braaf.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:08 am

brite blu sky wrote:I agree with Carl on this but i would express it in a different way.

For starters it is necessary to side step the personality clashes on this site, with posters either pro or against others. - usual suspects - cunts etc.

For me Foden should have been playing more.. maybe taking DS place more or someone elses. I do think some care with him is justified, a lot of kids have potential and a lot dont get to end product.

regards Sancho, he was probably justified to go and get game time, you cant blame him tbh - but this is the point i think is key for me, the club's approach is questionable... Pep may make that worse, maybe he just buys into the clubs approach. As a club we haven't given enough opportunity for academy players to come in and properly challenge the players that we have bought in. So i'm saying the culture at City is the problem, sticking with players we have bought. Pep has a massive role in that, but i suspect the club hierarchy are just as bad.
If the club were banging on all the time about getting academy players into the team then the manager would feel that pressure and have to respond.

If you imagine for a minute what Foden and Sancho with KDB and Bernardo would be like together in the same team playing regularly then it says it all really.

So there is definitely a latency about the club regards challenging established players and that has been the case for longer than Pep being here. The club need to change that otherwise we will continue to lose talent rather than employ it.

Well put.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:29 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:I agree with Carl on this but i would express it in a different way.

For starters it is necessary to side step the personality clashes on this site, with posters either pro or against others. - usual suspects - cunts etc.

For me Foden should have been playing more.. maybe taking DS place more or someone elses. I do think some care with him is justified, a lot of kids have potential and a lot dont get to end product.

regards Sancho, he was probably justified to go and get game time, you cant blame him tbh - but this is the point i think is key for me, the club's approach is questionable... Pep may make that worse, maybe he just buys into the clubs approach. As a club we haven't given enough opportunity for academy players to come in and properly challenge the players that we have bought in. So i'm saying the culture at City is the problem, sticking with players we have bought. Pep has a massive role in that, but i suspect the club hierarchy are just as bad.
If the club were banging on all the time about getting academy players into the team then the manager would feel that pressure and have to respond.

If you imagine for a minute what Foden and Sancho with KDB and Bernardo would be like together in the same team playing regularly then it says it all really.

So there is definitely a latency about the club regards challenging established players and that has been the case for longer than Pep being here. The club need to change that otherwise we will continue to lose talent rather than employ it.

Well put.

Doesn’t matter how it’s fucking put (No offense BBS ) it’s not a fucking English literature diplomacy test to appease some individuals on here who get offended by how the content of a message is put across by some posters .

Some easily offended people should just focus on the actual message regardless of any strong language and the confrontational manner in which it’s written - we all have our little mental problems supporting City FFS !

So we all agree then ? David Silva should swap roles with Foden for the rest of the season ? (PeP won’t do it so ,for the nostalgic romantic types on here , you needn’t worry)
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:38 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well put.

Doesn’t matter how it’s fucking put (No offense BBS ) it’s not a fucking English literature diplomacy test to appease some individuals on here who get offended by how the content of a message is put across by some posters .

Some easily offended people should just focus on the actual message regardless of any strong language and the confrontational manner in which it’s written - we all have our little mental problems supporting City FFS !

So we all agree then ? David Silva should swap roles with Foden for the rest of the season ? (PeP won’t do it so ,for the nostalgic romantic types on here , you needn’t worry)

Badly put
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:48 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well put.

Pep and Nostalgia Carl, haha no chance mate, Pep is all about the win. Foden has another 10/11/12 years at the club if he does what he all hope and pray, we are in for another decade of wow. I have an issue with abusing a legend no sentiment just showing a bit of class for the greatest player to ever pull on a City shirt and one who came here and did it on the pitch, David Silva is the benchmark for every City player in the future and I hope he becomes a coach. Phil has had the best education as an apprentice to David Silva. Sunday was the breakthrough game every player needs it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:08 am

Mase wrote:Hazy - KDB and Salah were deemed not good enough for Chelsea by Mourinho. They didn’t leave because they chose to leave.

Either way 400 mill of players left after a handful of games, it happens is my point mate. Not sure if this is true Martinelli at Arsenal was in the rag system for 4 years low and behold after all that ground plus you can bet thousands on £ he pops up at Arsenal. Wenger is on the record saying he had Sancho signed he thought, Mr squeaky clean chipping away at Jadon, whilst with us.. All clubs do it and lose some.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:37 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well put.

Badly put

1/10

Must try harder.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby harveytravis » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:40 am

A THING OF BEAUTY!

Great article about the lad in today's Guardian.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Scatman » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:33 pm

harveytravis wrote:A THING OF BEAUTY!

Great article about the lad in today's Guardian.

Imagine being the guy that has to fill Merlin's boots.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well put.

Pep and Nostalgia Carl, haha no chance mate, Pep is all about the win. Foden has another 10/11/12 years at the club if he does what he all hope and pray, we are in for another decade of wow. I have an issue with abusing a legend no sentiment just showing a bit of class for the greatest player to ever pull on a City shirt and one who came here and did it on the pitch, David Silva is the benchmark for every City player in the future and I hope he becomes a coach. Phil has had the best education as an apprentice to David Silva. Sunday was the breakthrough game every player needs it.

greatest player ever for the club? hmmm...
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:20 pm

He cant be far off ?

Silva, aguero, bell (before my time) others from that era? Buzzer / franny lee ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby stupot » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:45 pm

It's an impossible argument but what's definite is hes up there and the most decorated with all his national medals with Spain to go with ours.
I started watching in the Bell/Lee/ Summerbee era and i didn't think i'd ever see anyone better than King Colin but i'd put Vinnie, Serg, Yaya, Kev and David all ahead.

Foden's said that DS is his idol. I'm sure he's loved training with him every day. The King is Retiring, Long Live The King.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Scatman » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Nick wrote:He cant be far off ?

Silva, aguero, bell (before my time) others from that era? Buzzer / franny lee ?

Don't forget we are only allowed to go back as far as 1992
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:24 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well put.

greatest player ever for the club? hmmm...

It was Colin Bell but David Edges it for me, Maybe Aguero next season. Spoilt I know.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:31 pm

He’s up there with Kolarov.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext