***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:Haaland scores another two today. I hope he changes agent soon.

Rumours he has a 60m release clause next summer.

Not sure we would be his choice, although came close to joining United so why not?

Problem is players like this mostly want RM and Barca if they can no matter how much the PL's attractiveness has grown.

If only global warming would speed itself up then the tables could turn lol

He was nowhere near to signing for the rags. That’s a given

Exactly. He is not going there. I would be without any logic, upsidedown world. Not because his father player here, but because of what that club did to his dad.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:11 pm

Or is this a move to get Napoli to lower their fee for Koulibaly?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I am amazed why aren't we trying to sign Suarez or Cavani.

Either would be wise. Although I despise Suarez.
Balls out for Haaland now. More important than a centre half

Much as I loathe Suarez, he would be good for us for a season as a stopgap. I’d take him in a flash

Yeah, both Suarez and Cavani would be deadly for us.
Sometimes we are so fucking stubborn when the obvious is here.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:40 pm

PrezIke wrote:

A JK for a VK - not bad if it happens - hope he can jump, he's only 6' - we need to find him a Sandy though
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:47 am

50 mill gets Kante our defence would be on the Cubans. Smacks of BS no doubt a player but not the dominant lad we need? I have nothing against him, but without legs in MF, sit back nick the ball we are still wide open to counter attack.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:53 am

Hazy2 wrote:50 mill gets Kante our defence would be on the Cubans. Smacks of BS no doubt a player but not the dominant lad we need? I have nothing against him, but without legs in MF, sit back nick the ball we are still wide open to counter attack.

That’s the main issue when we’re countered - it’s nothing to do with our defence. It’s the fact that we don’t have Fern in his position breaking up play by either winning the ball or making a foul.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:37 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:50 mill gets Kante our defence would be on the Cubans. Smacks of BS no doubt a player but not the dominant lad we need? I have nothing against him, but without legs in MF, sit back nick the ball we are still wide open to counter attack.

That’s the main issue when we’re countered - it’s nothing to do with our defence. It’s the fact that we don’t have Fern in his position breaking up play by either winning the ball or making a foul.

Txiki and Pep reinventing the same fucking wheel mate. Connor Coady like Ake would bring street smart qualities we lack. Solid defender with great ability nope we go left field. Left field in possibly Peps last season to me smacks of pacifying Pep. If he is off Naglesman May bring Uppa with him, where does that leave a 50 mill lad? It seems desperate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:52 am

We need a fucking striker. Gabs gets a knock and we are back playing fly striker. Cannot afford to flog Gabs to death in the early part of the season with both the league cup and chumps lge as well as the league

Crazy that we have not addressed this along with the obvious cb issue
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:02 am

What makes you think Chelsea would sell?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby salford city » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Rodri is Peps choice as no.6 so we wouldn't be in for Kante who would have been the better option.
Add to the 50 and get Haaland who would put the chances away and the 0-1s would stop making the counter attacks less of a worry
salford city

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:11 am

Frank is all out attack Kante has been linked with a move for 12 months mate. I just would like to see a round peg in a round hole for once, I love Pep but he has to accept in this League you will get found out when you do not address the bleedin obvious. Lyon have done us like the rags with 25% of the ball, the Scouse twats sorted out the circus acts at the back !!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:34 am

Hazy2 wrote:

Frank is all out attack Kante has been linked with a move for 12 months mate. I just would like to see a round peg in a round hole for once, I love Pep but he has to accept in this League you will get found out when you do not address the bleedin obvious. Lyon have done us like the rags with 25% of the ball, the Scouse twats sorted out the circus acts at the back !!

Pep gets his first chance tomorrow to show that he is willing to admit defeat when he has fucked up. I'm expecting him to say nah fuck that and play Fern at CB and start both Gundo and Rodri then eulogie after the game that wolves were so so fast
salford city

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:03 am

Hazy2 wrote:

You are over-rating Kante slightly. He is a brilliant ball winner and can cover a lot of ground but his overall passing range and attacking play is nowhere close to peak fernandinho. Fernandinho was crucial for moving the ball from our goalkeeper and center backs to kdb/silva. Kante is also tiny and we desperately need taller players in our team.

If you think we are vulnerable to counter attacks right now, wait till you see Kante lose the ball against packed defenses by misplacing passes. Both Sarri and Lampard have struggled to fit him in a midfield 3 while trying to play possession football. His best performances came in counter attacking teams at Leicester and Conte's Chelsea. Even France played counter-attacking football in 2018 world cup. He is not really the kind of player we need, unless we change tactics.

We will see this season if Rodri can improve but if not, I dont think a 29 year old player who relies greatly on his stamina and has struggled with injuries for 2 years now will be the answer.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:17 am

Hazy2 wrote:

Kante is injury prone Hazy - hes been injured for around 100 days in the 19/20 season.

I wouldn't touch him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Kante is injury prone Hazy - hes been injured for around 100 days in the 19/20 season.

I wouldn't touch him.

He was injured mate, flogged tbf Carl. He was going to breakdown, what I am trying to say is we either get some legs in MF or we all see last season repeat, we can have the ball like Lyon, teams with discipline and a forward ready to pounce causes us murders. Pep so so happy B.S. Lessons to be learned not sure has the capability to accept the game has caught up the possession obsession. Arsenal FA Cup ! Manager Arteta.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I wouldn't touch him.

He was injured mate, flogged tbf Carl. He was going to breakdown, what I am trying to say is we either get some legs in MF or we all see last season repeat, we can have the ball like Lyon, teams with discipline and a forward ready to pounce causes us murders. Pep so so happy B.S. Lessons to be learned not sure has the capability to accept the game has caught up the possession obsession. Arsenal FA Cup ! Manager Arteta.

Maybe , but Ive had my fill off seeing our defenders injured all the time , its beyond a joke now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:01 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby branny » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Looks like Messi has inadvertently screwed Koeman's rebuild by staying. The Sun reporting that La Liga has blocked moves for Wijnaldum and Depay until they sell to raise funds and get their £510 million wage bill down.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

That is very clearly a fake account
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Wooders wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

That is very clearly a fake account
sorry, 1.8 million followers short - my bad :(
think this is a legit account, the tweet is a different matter