***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon May 21, 2018 8:15 pm

bigblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I am also wondering what Pep will do with Gundo. The rumours about selling are interesting. Is he really up for the task to replace Silva or Fern? I am a supporter but he has been a bit inconsistent, and I can see Bernardo getting some game time alongside Kev. If we sign Jorginho and someone like Mahrez then were does that leave Ilkay? Rotation at best, again.

I'm not worried if we sell him, he's been very inconsistent and his finishing is almost always lacking. Some good performances, but too often gets found wanting when theres a goal to be scored or tackle to be made. Bernardo is 2x the player.

Absolutely agree
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
bigblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I am also wondering what Pep will do with Gundo. The rumours about selling are interesting. Is he really up for the task to replace Silva or Fern? I am a supporter but he has been a bit inconsistent, and I can see Bernardo getting some game time alongside Kev. If we sign Jorginho and someone like Mahrez then were does that leave Ilkay? Rotation at best, again.

I'm not worried if we sell him, he's been very inconsistent and his finishing is almost always lacking. Some good performances, but too often gets found wanting when theres a goal to be scored or tackle to be made. Bernardo is 2x the player.

Absolutely agree

I'm not sure how likely it is that Gundo will leave. Who would pay him the sort of money we do given the knee injury he sustained? Pep seems to trust him despite the tash.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Rumours we’re in for Lewandiwski out there.

Make what you will if this one. Supposedly Chelsea also made an offer.
Last edited by PrezIke on Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Absolutely agree

Gundo's never going to replace Dave, he's not that type of player. But I don't think that was ever the intention.
Fern's position however, is a whole different ball game, when Fern has missed games, Gundo has slotted in seamlessly and done a brilliant job, so much so that some have accused him of being anonymous.
I sincerely hope he stays.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 21, 2018 10:07 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Absolutely agree

Gundo's never going to replace Dave, he's not that type of player. But I don't think that was ever the intention.
Fern's position however, is a whole different ball game, when Fern has missed games, Gundo has slotted in seamlessly and done a brilliant job, so much so that some have accused him of being anonymous.

I'm not at all sure that's right - he's not a defensive midfielder, he doesn't tackle and he doesn't intercept and break forward with pace - he's no replacement for Fern unfortunately.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Mon May 21, 2018 10:13 pm

He’s a deep lying playmaker. We are certainly light in ferns department. Luckily he has the engine of a locomotive.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Tue May 22, 2018 5:18 am

Engine is exactly what Gundog lacks...starts well but fades out of games, it seems.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 22, 2018 7:13 am

Slim wrote:He’s a deep lying playmaker. We are certainly light in ferns department. Luckily he has the engine of a locomotive.

Yep, his best role is the role DeBruyne plays, he's not going to shift him but provides good competition/cover for all three central midfield roles. He seems a popular character too, I wouldn't consider moving him on unless he wants out himself.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Tue May 22, 2018 7:30 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Slim wrote:He’s a deep lying playmaker. We are certainly light in ferns department. Luckily he has the engine of a locomotive.

Yep, his best role is the role DeBruyne plays, he's not going to shift him but provides good competition/cover for all three central midfield roles. He seems a popular character too, I wouldn't consider moving him on unless he wants out himself.

His agent has sprinkled about mutterings about a lack of game time next year with Yaya's replacement guaranteed starts. Linked with a number of clubs in recent days.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 am

This is it percisely for me.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 22, 2018 7:51 am

johnny crossan wrote:

His agent has sprinkled about mutterings about a lack of game time next year with Yaya's replacement guaranteed starts. Linked with a number of clubs in recent days.

I missed that JC, any link or quotes? I did see a link to Inter but didn't give it much credence.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Tue May 22, 2018 8:54 am

johnny crossan wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Absolutely agree

I'm not at all sure that's right - he's not a defensive midfielder, he doesn't tackle and he doesn't intercept and break forward with pace - he's no replacement for Fern unfortunately.

Well, all I can suggest is you watch the games where he's replaced Fern again.
Everyone seems very keen to say he's a lightweight Kev, but his performances in defensive midfield say otherwise.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Tue May 22, 2018 9:00 am

johnny crossan wrote:

I missed that JC, any link or quotes? I did see a link to Inter but didn't give it much credence.
This was another one

https://www.footballinsider247.com/tott ... xit-claim/

I'll see if I can find any other links
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 22, 2018 9:08 am

patrickblue wrote:
Well, all I can suggest is you watch the games where he's replaced Fern again.
Everyone seems very keen to say he's a lightweight Kev, but his performances in defensive midfield say otherwise.

Agree to an extent Patrick, he deputised for Fernandinho on 4 occasions in the league this season and was very good in all 4, ( Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Swansea) he's not as combative as Fernandinho, his aerial ability and his recovery is not as good but he more than makes up for that with his transitional play, passing, vision and creativity are three areas he has the edge on Fernandinho.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Tue May 22, 2018 9:22 am

The real question about Gundogan is how hw fits in when Jorginho arrives, which he probably will. I would have thought Gundogan will be behind him in the pecking order.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue May 22, 2018 10:15 am

blues2win wrote:The real question about Gundogan is how hw fits in when Jorginho arrives, which he probably will. I would have thought Gundogan will be behind him in the pecking order.
Aye - 'there's the rub'
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Mahrez 1/6 on with bookmakers to sign for us .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Wed May 23, 2018 9:37 pm

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a PL club with a City friendly manager who could take some of our fringe players on loan. If only...
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 23, 2018 9:37 pm

City64 wrote:Mahrez 1/6 on with bookmakers to sign for us .

disappointing if this comes to pass - Zaha would be a better fit if Hazard turned us down
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:41 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:Mahrez 1/6 on with bookmakers to sign for us .

disappointing if this comes to pass - Zaha would be a better fit if Hazard turned us down

Sweet left foot , Pep likes a sweet left foot !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum