Everton Away

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Everton Away

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Not sure how this one will go. I wonder about Everton's motivation - will they be up for it? On the one hand, they are on 40 points, 12 points above the drop, and for all intents and purposes safe. They'd also prob love for us to knock their filthy neighbors out of the CL, so they may think twice about going in hard on our players.

On the other hand, they hate us, they won't want to surrender in front of their fans, and we are usually terrible at Goodison. Hmmm...
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: Everton Away

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 pm

And the only team capable of going the whole season without losing to us
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Such optimism from 2 poster thus far , you wouldn’t think we are 16pts clear , on the verge of winning the title in double quick time and breaking records left right and center .........

Oh and Everton are fucking garbage under BFS , I love this board sometimes NOT !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Usually this game annoys the fuck out of me, but this time I really have a good feeling about this.
I think we are going to smash them. 0-3 or even better.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

I meant it as a motivating factor for them. I have no doubt we'll thrash them.
Scatman

Postby city72 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:53 pm

It's so far away, got this shitty international friendly weekend to get over.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Should be a good atmosphere with the late kick off........... lots of boozing time. Rooney and fatsam will want to do us. I'm expecting us to go full strength as the 3 points are really important pre Rags game. I'd be including Fern but not sure if Sergio will make it.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:06 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Should be a good atmosphere with the late kick off........... lots of boozing time. Rooney and fatsam will want to do us. I'm expecting us to go full strength as the 3 points are really important pre Rags game. I'd be including Fern but not sure if Sergio will make it.

Fern is just one yellow away from a 2 game ban.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:58 am

Hmmmm the start of a run of very important games in a relatively short space of time. Surely that will have an impact on team selection.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few benched in prep for next Wednesdays game.

We are going to win the league irrespective of what happens in the Everton game.

Away draw at Everton wouldn't be too bad.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:45 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Should be a good atmosphere with the late kick off........... lots of boozing time. Rooney and fatsam will want to do us. I'm expecting us to go full strength as the 3 points are really important pre Rags game. I'd be including Fern but not sure if Sergio will make it.

Are you sure it's a 2 game ban? It was suggested earlier because he didn't get banned for 5 yellow cards, he would only get a single game ban for 10?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:53 am

Plain Speaking wrote:

Are you sure it's a 2 game ban? It was suggested earlier because he didn't get banned for 5 yellow cards, he would only get a single game ban for 10?

To the best of my knowledge its 2 games regardless of any previous ban, but not sure so stand to be corrected.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:31 am

To the best of my knowledge its 2 games regardless of any previous ban, but not sure so stand to be corrected.

It took some searching and everything i found points to a 2 match ban, if he can keep clean against toffees and rags it gets reset to zero i.e. 32 games played & the 10 cards threshold becomes 15 until the end of the season.

He just needs to be card free against Everton then he will be available against the rags and if he gets a card in that game he'd miss the Spud's and Swansea games

Shame really, as had we played Brighton when we were supposed to, he'd only have Everton to behave himself....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Shakermaker90 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:42 am

Pep will be unhappy with last season's visit to Goodison. He wants the league wrapped up. However, the Liverpool ties are our most important fixtures at this point. Depending on how many (rather than if) of players pick up knocks during the international break, I think players will be rested against Everton, with a strong bench. If we were to lose against Everton it's not the end of the world, but it gives other teams (West Ham, Huddersfield, Swansea etc) the opportunity to think that they've a chance to take points from us - where they may currently be writing off playing us. The risk is that those are the games that realistically are our safety net when it comes to winning the league early. We can't afford to let them think they've a chance against us.

Wouldn't be surprised if the team looked something like: Ederson, Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Zink, Gundogan, KdB, Diaz, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus
Bench: Bravo, Otamendi, Walker, Toure, Sane, Mendy (bring him on for half an hour, the man need's minutes!), Aguero

That way everyone's fresh for the trip to Anfield...
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:14 pm

Shakermaker90 wrote:Pep will be unhappy with last season's visit to Goodison. He wants the league wrapped up. However, the Liverpool ties are our most important fixtures at this point. Depending on how many (rather than if) of players pick up knocks during the international break, I think players will be rested against Everton, with a strong bench. If we were to lose against Everton it's not the end of the world, but it gives other teams (West Ham, Huddersfield, Swansea etc) the opportunity to think that they've a chance to take points from us - where they may currently be writing off playing us. The risk is that those are the games that realistically are our safety net when it comes to winning the league early. We can't afford to let them think they've a chance against us.

Wouldn't be surprised if the team looked something like: Ederson, Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Zink, Gundogan, KdB, Diaz, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus
Bench: Bravo, Otamendi, Walker, Toure, Sane, Mendy (bring him on for half an hour, the man need's minutes!), Aguero

That way everyone's fresh for the trip to Anfield...

Get fucking Anfield out of your brain ! We are about to win the league at the Etihad v the rags ! This maybe could only happen once in any city fans lifetime . Our squad will have had nearly 3 weeks rest they will be fresh and ready to go for the dipper and rag games . Everton are there for the taking and pep will want his best players firing on all cylinders for the most important week of the season so far . David Silva may only get 45 minutes at Goodison and vinny may be saved for Anfield but ll the rest need to be at 100 fucking percent to make history and records happen C’mon you blues this is it !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:35 pm

City64 wrote:Get fucking Anfield out of your brain ! We are about to win the league at the Etihad v the rags ! This maybe could only happen once in any city fans lifetime . Our squad will have had nearly 3 weeks rest they will be fresh and ready to go for the dipper and rag games . Everton are there for the taking and pep will want his best players firing on all cylinders for the most important week of the season so far . David Silva may only get 45 minutes at Goodison and vinny may be saved for Anfield but ll the rest need to be at 100 fucking percent to make history and records happen C’mon you blues this is it !!!

Couldn't agree more 64! As you say best part of 3 weeks off and a couple of friendlies with only the Brazillian lads doing any real distance (Russia).

Strongest team possible against Everton, then in the next 3 games after that and as long as we play as good as we are capable of we should be Semi finalists and league winners before trundling down to Wembley to play Spud's. That will be the first time anyone would even consider taking their foot off the pedal and even then Pep probably won't let it happen
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:51 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:Get fucking Anfield out of your brain ! We are about to win the league at the Etihad v the rags ! This maybe could only happen once in any city fans lifetime . Our squad will have had nearly 3 weeks rest they will be fresh and ready to go for the dipper and rag games . Everton are there for the taking and pep will want his best players firing on all cylinders for the most important week of the season so far . David Silva may only get 45 minutes at Goodison and vinny may be saved for Anfield but ll the rest need to be at 100 fucking percent to make history and records happen C’mon you blues this is it !!!

Couldn't agree more 64! As you say best part of 3 weeks off and a couple of friendlies with only the Brazillian lads doing any real distance (Russia).

Strongest team possible against Everton, then in the next 3 games after that and as long as we play as good as we are capable of we should be Semi finalists and league winners before trundling down to Wembley to play Spud's. That will be the first time anyone would even consider taking their foot off the pedal and even then Pep probably won't let it happen

Absolutely. These next four or five games are the reason why footballers grew up wanting to become footballers. There will be no let up on our part, you can be assured of that.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:59 pm

This game is closing in... the first of a defining set of games. Really looking forward to this one as it is a bit of a mental test on the way to a slightly bigger mental test on Wed.

PG needs to up his game for this and make sure the players are set. If there was ever a time to reset our fortunes on Merseyside then this is it.
Expecting a tough game due to the scouce2 players attitude to this rather than their managers tactics.

My money is on Raheem, i have a sneeky he has seen something he wants...
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:05 pm

brite blu sky wrote:This game is closing in... the first of a defining set of games. Really looking forward to this one as it is a bit of a mental test on the way to a slightly bigger mental test on Wed.

PG needs to up his game for this and make sure the players are set. If there was ever a time to reset our fortunes on Merseyside then this is it.
Expecting a tough game due to the scouce2 players attitude to this rather than their managers tactics.

My money is on Raheem, i have a sneeky he has seen something he wants...

up his game?! wtf are you smoking??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Lost at Everton last season, drew at COMS this, partly or mostly because everton players put a shift in as they oft do again us.

dont think we want that to happen again do we?

so he needs to up his game.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Can we expect a Doddy tribute on Saturday, and then again on Wednesday?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum