Time to talk about Sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Time to talk about Sunday

Postby blues2win » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 pm

End of March that is.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:17 pm

I’d let him sit the Prem out to be fair. If he doesn’t get a medal so be it. Delph and Zinchenko have done enough to get a run until the end of the season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pm

Just watching MotD and thinking we could be lifting a trophy on there tomorrow ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:42 pm

A priority for Mendy will be to prove his fitness for the World Cup if at all possible
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:08 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just watching MotD and thinking we could be lifting a trophy on there tomorrow ;-)

Scratch that, looks like they don't have the rights as they've mentioned that there's only 2 games of note tomorrow, and they ain't ours.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:09 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just watching MotD and thinking we could be lifting a trophy on there tomorrow ;-)

Scratch that, looks like they don't have the rights as they've mentioned that there's only 2 games of note tomorrow, and they ain't ours.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 am

I wouldnt play Jesus from the start. Bring him on late and the same on Thurs. Then start him vs Chelsea
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Justified logic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

For today's fixtures, the BBC has the EFL Cup Final listed after the Premier League and Scottish Premiership games and sandwiched between the Championship and Women's Premier North games!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:17 am

Cup final day!!!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:29 am

Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

For today's fixtures, the BBC has the EFL Cup Final listed after the Premier League and Scottish Premiership games and sandwiched between the Championship and Women's Premier North games!

I had to go onto the City link to find the preview of the game as it wasn't showing on their front page. They did have the Yellow Ribbon incident though.

Looks like they have no interest as they don't have the rights to televise it, which is wrong for a publicly funded organisation. They are acting like Sky or BT when they don't have the rights, just reporting the facts after the final whistle.

Anyway, fuck 'em, we all know how they operate so we shouldn't be annoyed when they do what we always expect.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I had to go onto the City link to find the preview of the game as it wasn't showing on their front page. They did have the Yellow Ribbon incident though.

Looks like they have no interest as they don't have the rights to televise it, which is wrong for a publicly funded organisation. They are acting like Sky or BT when they don't have the rights, just reporting the facts after the final whistle.

Anyway, fuck 'em, we all know how they operate so we shouldn't be annoyed when they do what we always expect.

Anyone that pays for a TV license needs to give their head a wobble.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:08 am

I'm quite amazed that Wenger has never won this cup. Just shows how much he's thought of it over the years, playing the kids or second string teams, but now, all of a sudden, it becomes of importance.

The powers that be better not try to influence this game in their favour, as they did last year in the FA cup semi, as that will be a real low blow after the way both clubs have treated this cup over the years. City always giving their best, Arsenal always taking the piss.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:43 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I'm quite amazed that Wenger has never won this cup. Just shows how much he's thought of it over the years, playing the kids or second string teams, but now, all of a sudden, it becomes of importance.

The powers that be better not try to influence this game in their favour, as they did last year in the FA cup semi, as that will be a real low blow after the way both clubs have treated this cup over the years. City always giving their best, Arsenal always taking the piss.

We’ve won it more times than them. Think they’ve only won it twice.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

And they chose this deliberately confrontational creation for the link to the preview.

Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum