De Bruyne vs Salah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: De Bruyne vs Salah

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Salah will win PotY unless Kev gets back to his matchwinning best very soon AND we knock them out of the CL with Kev having a starring role.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dipstick » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Kev still odds on at the bookies at 5/11 with Salah at 8/5 but probably all depends who goes through in Chumps league.
Raheem running away with Young PotY at 1/4 with Leroy second at 5/2 and Jesus third at 20/1.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby bluemoon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Going against the grain here, but I can see Salah winning this. Kev has been phenomenal but Salah is as close to a Messi like player we've seen in this league and he isn't surrounded by the quality that Kev has around him either. Imagine him in our team, frightening!!!
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Seems some have forgotten how inconsistent Salah’s finishing was as in the early part of the season when KDB was in spectacular form.

KDB may not be our MOTM every game as he was for a while, but whispers of being off form are whispers in part because he has been far from poor for an entire game. In those games I can almost always name one amazing cross or killer pass that created a goal scoring chance or split the defence.

Silva has been our best of late, but saying he’s our player of the season, I hate to say this, is in part why Kun has not been in the team of the season for the PL (injuries, or selective memory based on who’s in the best form when they vote).

If Salah wins it this will be a disgusting travesty. We are blowoibg away he league and are there very much due to Kev stepping up his game.

Lastly KDB did his best work when games mattered far more than of late where a loss won’t even cause a dent. Liverpool lost against Utd and that was when they came on of late. Still miles behind us.
Last edited by PrezIke on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:19 pm

bluemoon wrote:Going against the grain here, but I can see Salah winning this. Kev has been phenomenal but Salah is as close to a Messi like player we've seen in this league and he isn't surrounded by the quality that Kev has around him either. Imagine him in our team, frightening!!!

Genuine question mate, how many times you watched him live compared with MOTD?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bluemoon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Mase wrote:
bluemoon wrote:Going against the grain here, but I can see Salah winning this. Kev has been phenomenal but Salah is as close to a Messi like player we've seen in this league and he isn't surrounded by the quality that Kev has around him either. Imagine him in our team, frightening!!!

Genuine question mate, how many times you watched him live compared with MOTD?

Pretty much every game they've had on TV/stream when we weren't playing, so quiet a few :). He's just got better and better as the season has progressed, I thought his finishing was the big downside to his game when watching him in the earlier months of the season, but he seems to have addressed that and apart from the munchen game the other week, he's consistently their best player game in, game out. The scoursers wouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now without him, not sure if the same could be said about King Kev?

Just to be clear, given the choice I would still have De Bruyne over Salah but I just think Salah will edge it this season.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dimples » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 pm

IMO either would be a deserved winner.
Both players have been excellent this season (I love watching both play the game).

But It is not an apples to apples comparison. They play different positions.
This is reflected in the stats i.e. Salah's goals/assists ahead of Kev. Kev's defence stats ahead on Salah, etc...

Salah's play is more eye catching due to the goals and this is happening close to voting time.
Kev is pushing his team to new highs and records - IMO more significant than scoring goals.

But people are drawn to the brightest lights, goal scoring burns brightest of all - so no surprise if Salah gets the nod.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PrezIke » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:30 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -defenders

"With seven games to go Salah is the player of the season."

Sounds like Kevin will lose it here as he is not even mentioned.t
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby aaron bond » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:15 am

Salah is having a phenomenal season. That can’t be denied. He stands out more too as he’s Liverpool’s only top class player.

KDB, on the other hand, is also playing with Silva, Sterling, Sane, Aguero, Ederson etc. who are all having phenomenal seasons and are receiving plenty of plaudits.

Either would be a worthy winner to be fair. Better than someone like Giggs winning it despite only starting 12 games in a season.

Only 1 will end up with league and cup trophies this season though.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:20 am

Didn’t Vardy score loads the season Leicester won the prem? My problem with goal scorers is you can have one fluke season. Will Salah score as many next season or do what Vardy did?

If he wins it then that’s fair enough. He won’t win it again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:41 am

KDB deserves and if we beat the vermin he will win it. Lose the CL GAME Salah will get it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Hazy2 wrote:KDB deserves and if we beat the vermin he will win it. Lose the CL GAME Salah will get it.

Voting will be done by then. Thick footballers influenced by the media will win the day out and it will be a travesty.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 pm

By the end of today's Jim Shite show Salah had won PotY and Ballon d'Or and 'Pool had won the CL and were shoe-ins for next year's PL.

P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:09 pm

This obsession with comparing salah to everyone is boring. Let him win the golden boots etc.

As long as we win the big trophies that's all that matters.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:44 am

When is the voting on this? If its just about to happen its no surprise that there is a drive from vasious sources to make it Salah.If it's done already Kev has a chance but maybe only a slight one.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby aaron bond » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:48 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:When is the voting on this? If its just about to happen its no surprise that there is a drive from vasious sources to make it Salah.If it's done already Kev has a chance but maybe only a slight one.

At the beginning of this month Eden Hazard was quoted as saying he voted for De Bruyne over Salah.

So it’s either finished or ongoing.
aaron bond

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:57 pm

If not already, I think this will be decided on the CL game and who goes through. Just like I heard the other day where it was said that Pep had to win the CL to beat Dyche to the MotY.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:If not already, I think this will be decided on the CL game and who goes through. Just like I heard the other day where it was said that Pep had to win the CL to beat Dyche to the MotY.

There is precedence.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:14 am

I think also people need to be reminded this is ‘player’ of the year NOT ‘goal scorer’ of the year. There’s a separate award for that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:34 am

Mase wrote:I think also people need to be reminded this is ‘player’ of the year NOT ‘goal scorer’ of the year. There’s a separate award for that.

Salah has the same amount of assists as Silva. Only Sane and KDB have more for us.

Salah’s all round game has been excellent season. There’s no denying that.

If I had a vote I’d choose KDB as he’s been the key factor leading us to trophies. But Salah wouldn’t be the first player to win the POTY award and not win the league and with the season he’s having its easy to see why many people think he should get it.
aaron bond

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum