Scums next manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Scums next manager

Postby dazby » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Their owners are cheapskates so they'll go for someone out of work that they don't have to pay compensation for. Please, someone give Carlo Ancelotti a job. Quickly.

I reckon Pochettino will be off to Madrid when they realise Zidane is a complete charlatan.

Why do you think that Tokyo?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 am

dazby wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Their owners are cheapskates so they'll go for someone out of work that they don't have to pay compensation for. Please, someone give Carlo Ancelotti a job. Quickly.

I reckon Pochettino will be off to Madrid when they realise Zidane is a complete charlatan.

Results this season.

He has got no other experience so he hasn't got a record of success elsewhere to fall back on. And he only got the Madrid job in the fist place because he was a fine, if somewhat mentally flawed, player. I think they can do a lot better with the resources they have got available than they are doing now.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:05 am

He did do an apprenticeship via the B team and was in that role for quite some time.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
dazby wrote:

Results this season.

He has got no other experience so he hasn't got a record of success elsewhere to fall back on. And he only got the Madrid job in the fist place because he was a fine, if somewhat mentally flawed, player. I think they can do a lot better with the resources they have got available than they are doing now.

I would be amazed if he is still at Madrid next season. He could well go after PSG hand them a beating in the CL.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:Keano'll sort them out.
P-L-E-A-S-E let it be him

Can’t see it happening.
Not that well liked by all accounts, particularly Mr. Charlton.
Too outspoken.

I know . Just fantasizing.
I seriously think they might go for Eddie Howe.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:50 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:Keano'll sort them out.
P-L-E-A-S-E let it be him

Can’t see it happening.
Not that well liked by all accounts, particularly Mr. Charlton.
Too outspoken.

I know . Just fantasizing.
I seriously think they might go for Eddie Howe.

What about Eddie the eagle? Remember him. I would prefer him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Fuck sake. We have our best ever team playing the best football the league's seen and this forum is still obsessed with United.

Never change, mcf.net. But maybe change the name.

Oh dear.

This is just a light-hearted thread chum; please don't take it seriously or read too much into it.

After all these years, I think we're allowed to have a bit of fun at the Scum's expense.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Fuck sake. We have our best ever team playing the best football the league's seen and this forum is still obsessed with United.

Oh dear.

This is just a light-hearted thread chum; please don't take it seriously or read too much into it.

After all these years, I think we're allowed to have a bit of fun at the Scum's expense.

I think it's well merited, nay, deserved, that we have a laugh at their expense. All my life they have been lording it up over us, well now the boot is on the other foot and I for one will revel in it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Oh dear.

I think it's well merited, nay, deserved, that we have a laugh at their expense. All my life they have been lording it up over us, well now the boot is on the other foot and I for one will revel in it

If the boot is on the other foot NB, I think we might have to start calling you 'Caligula'. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Oh dear.

If the boot is on the other foot NB, I think we might have to start calling you 'Caligula'. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stop horsing around and stay on topic
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby gillie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:30 pm

The guy at Wolves would make the rags a very dangerous team imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Darth Vader .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:10 am

I don't think Maureen will be at the rags very long.

He is an egotist, it is all about him, fine when he's number one but trailing his nemesis by so many points, seing his biggest rival, only a few miles away reating a team battering opponents with beautiful and almost carnival football and seeing his side humiliated in last week's derby will not sit easy in his head.

Maureen lives on his emotions, his antics at Chelsea and his recent near lunatic behaviour shows that all is not well inside Maureen's head.

The self proclaimed speial one isn't not only looking not so special, he's looking like a bloody idiot.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:44 am

Hate to play devils advocate but I highly expect them to finish 2nd and their board to call it progress.

Then he gets another whack of cash to try and upshot Pep and his ego won’t pass that up. Only way I see him not being there in 12 months is if they finish a few spots below us or if they deny him more cash.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:51 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Hate to play devils advocate but I highly expect them to finish 2nd and their board to call it progress.

Then he gets another whack of cash to try and upshot Pep and his ego won’t pass that up. Only way I see him not being there in 12 months is if they finish a few spots below us or if they deny him more cash.

No way they finish 2nd.

3rd at best and most likely 4th. Which, of course, is progress.
Original Dub

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:19 am

Original Dub wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Hate to play devils advocate but I highly expect them to finish 2nd and their board to call it progress.

No way they finish 2nd.

Can’t see them dropping two spots mate. They bottle it against the top 6 but will sneak a draw or two and they are decent flat track bully’s. The rest all too inconsistent for me.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:53 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

No way they finish 2nd.

Can’t see them dropping two spots mate. They bottle it against the top 6 but will sneak a draw or two and they are decent flat track bully’s. The rest all too inconsistent for me.

Agreed. Almost halfway through the season and they're second. They beat all the shit teams, whereas Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea keep dropping unnecessary points
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby Dimples » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

No way they finish 2nd.

Agreed. Almost halfway through the season and they're second. They beat all the shit teams, whereas Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea keep dropping unnecessary points

So the assumption here is that we finish First - just like that - dangerous assumption - sounds like arrogance to me - kop on please
There are 22 PL games to go and all the cup competitions - a lot can happen - if anything happens to Silva or Brown the landscape changes.
The trophies are handed out in May not early December.
The signs are excellent for us but there is a long way to go.
I will celebrate when it is mathematically impossible for any team to catch us.

We are City, we will always be City - anything can happen - don't count your chickens......
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:59 am

Dimples wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

No way they finish 2nd.

So the assumption here is that we finish First - just like that - dangerous assumption - sounds like arrogance to me - kop on please
There are 22 PL games to go and all the cup competitions - a lot can happen - if anything happens to Silva or Brown the landscape changes.
The trophies are handed out in May not early December.
The signs are excellent for us but there is a long way to go.
I will celebrate when it is mathematically impossible for any team to catch us.

We are City, we will always be City - anything can happen - don't count your chickens......

Not counting any chickens mate my original post says I highly expect them to finish 2nd. Not guaranteed but I think us first them next is the most likely scenario at this stage.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby sheblue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:30 pm

If the rags finish second there us something seriously wrong. They are abysmal I expect them to scrape 4th at best.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum