Mid week games 28 & 29 November

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mid week games 28 & 29 November

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Some tricky away games for the chasing pack so come on Watford and Leicester....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Mid week games 28 & 29 November

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Well they will surely have lukaku suspended for Watford, arsenal and us so there's a really good chance that we can go 15 ahead if we beat them.

I can't see them getting any more than a point or two out of these two games coming up.
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:Well they will surely have lukaku suspended for Watford, arsenal and us so there's a really good chance that we can go 15 ahead if we beat them.

I can't see them getting any more than a point or two out of these two games coming up.

Don't bet on him getting a red. This is the rags after all
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:02 pm

freshie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Well they will surely have lukaku suspended for Watford, arsenal and us so there's a really good chance that we can go 15 ahead if we beat them.

If he doesn't, I'll blow a fucking fuse - how much evidence do they need?!
Original Dub

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:04 pm

tbh they may be a better team without that donkey up front. his cute little purple patch ended some time ago.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:02 pm

He won't be banned.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby aaron bond » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:06 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... bong-clash

Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku will face no further action for his clash with Brighton's Gaetan Bong on Saturday, Sky Sports News understands.

Lukaku appeared to kick out at Bong on two occasions just before Ashley Young's shot deflected off Lewis Dunk for what proved to be the winning goal in United's 1-0 win at Old Trafford.

The Belgium international was left sweating on possible retrospective action as the incident was missed by referee Neil Swarbrick and his team of assistants.

That meant it was referred to a three-man panel of former officials, which has to find a unanimous decision if a player is to be charged.

However, Sky Sports News understands that the panel could not agree that an offence was committed and Lukaku therefore avoids what could have been a three-game ban for violent conduct.

The December 10 derby clash with Manchester City was among the games Lukaku could have missed had he been sanctioned.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:14 pm

aaron bond wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11146659/manchester-uniteds-romelu-lukaku-facing-no-disciplinary-action-for-gaetan-bong-clash

Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku will face no further action for his clash with Brighton's Gaetan Bong on Saturday, Sky Sports News understands.

Lukaku appeared to kick out at Bong on two occasions just before Ashley Young's shot deflected off Lewis Dunk for what proved to be the winning goal in United's 1-0 win at Old Trafford.

The Belgium international was left sweating on possible retrospective action as the incident was missed by referee Neil Swarbrick and his team of assistants.

That meant it was referred to a three-man panel of former officials, which has to find a unanimous decision if a player is to be charged.

However, Sky Sports News understands that the panel could not agree that an offence was committed and Lukaku therefore avoids what could have been a three-game ban for violent conduct.

The December 10 derby clash with Manchester City was among the games Lukaku could have missed had he been sanctioned.

This panel should have their findings published with a script of how they came to their conclusion. This is as blatant as it gets. The only thing that saved him is the opposition player not making a meal of it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
freshie wrote:

If he doesn't, I'll blow a fucking fuse - how much evidence do they need?!

I have a few spare 13 amps, knocking about in a drawer somewhere, if you need them, Ronan.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
aaron bond wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11146659/manchester-uniteds-romelu-lukaku-facing-no-disciplinary-action-for-gaetan-bong-clash

This panel should have their findings published with a script of how they came to their conclusion. This is as blatant as it gets. The only thing that saved him is the opposition player not making a meal of it.

they concluded that kicking out with hind legs is natural behaviour for a donkey
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:38 pm

I didn’t see it !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm

I have a got a vibe about Watford.if the odds are decent, i might put a few quid on them for a win, but cash out as soon as they go 1-0 up :lol: :lol:.Huddersfield were 20-1 for the win yesterday.If you had put £100.00 on them,and cashed out as soon as they scored you were going to win a few quid.If you back first goal scorer in games the odds are pretty shit compared.You are better backing a win and cashing out,if you can :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Exactly.

I'd love to see the cunt explain on camera how he watched that video evidence and saw nothing.

The only reason in this case is bias. Nobody is that incompetent.
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:19 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I have a got a vibe about Watford.if the odds are decent, i might put a few quid on them for a win, but cash out as soon as they go 1-0 up :lol: :lol:.Huddersfield were 20-1 for the win yesterday.If you had put £100.00 on them,and cashed out as soon as they scored you were going to win a few quid.If you back first goal scorer in games the odds are pretty shit compared.You are better backing a win and cashing out,if you can :lol: :lol:

i had a fiver on huddersfield yesterday for that exact reason
plan (after they scored) was to cash out a few mins into the 2nd half when I was getting between £15 and £20 (was £12.45 at h/t). 'sadly' we scored too soon...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Exactly.

I'd love to see the cunt explain on camera how he watched that video evidence and saw nothing.

Be nice to know who the panel are and what each individuals findings were
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gillie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Exactly.

Be nice to know who the panel are and what each individuals findings were

Gill Whiskey nose and the ticket tout more than likely.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Ridiculous how they came to that decision and wierd how Sky pulled the only bloke in the world who thought it wasn't worthy of a red. Found it strange that there was hardly any coverage from the major TV outlets such as Sky, BT or the Beeb but it does make sense that if they favour a certain club then they don't highlight it.

It was only through social media that forced their hand and it was no surprise that Gallagher towed the Sky party line.

How could anybody really believe that it wasn't a red is obviously batting for a certain side and f you looked at it realistically, if Lukaku had actually been good at kicking balls then Bong would no longer be the same person, he'd be able to wear a thong without the crown jewels slipping either side.

Once again, just proves the Rag agenda to me.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:06 pm

on ESPNFC Shaka Hislop says there is no other explanation for this other than that this is because he plays for Utd.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:07 am

PrezIke wrote:on ESPNFC Shaka Hislop says there is no other explanation for this other than that this is because he plays for Utd.

I like Shaka, seen him sticking up for us a few times, and very anti-Rag and some eyes as he says it as he sees it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
PrezIke wrote:on ESPNFC Shaka Hislop says there is no other explanation for this other than that this is because he plays for Utd.

I like Shaka, seen him sticking up for us a few times, and very anti-Rag and some eyes as he says it as he sees it.

Pity a few of the other sheep wouldn't take a leaf from his book, useless cowards. Anyway Watford stuffing them tonight will make up for some of it ;)
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum