Other PL games this weekend, 24-26 November

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Other PL games this weekend, 24-26 November

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:26 pm

West Ham v Leicester this evening. Zaba starts, as does Vardy and Gray. Should be interesting.

Other games this weekend:

Saturday
15:00 Crystal Palace v Stoke City
15:00 The Scum v Brighton & Hove Albion
15:00 Newcastle United v Watford
15:00 Swansea City v AFC Bournemouth
15:00 Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion
17:30 Liverpool v Chelsea

Sunday
13:30 Southampton v Everton
14:00 Burnley v Arsenal

Our game at Huddersfield is at 16:00

For the benefit of all colonials, all times are GMT. ;)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Other PL games this weekend, 24-26 November

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Reckon West Ham will get turned over tonight. Imagine the atmosphere will be very tense
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:42 pm

I'm torn between not wanting to see West Ham relegated and wanting to see Moyes dragged through shite.
Justified logic

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Who do we all want to win in the Dippers v Chelsea encounter ??
I don't want Klopperty to fashion a win and become unbearable again, along with all their wretched followers, in the mistaken belief that their season is back on track but, at the same time, Chelsea dropping a few points is always welcome.

Difficult.

At the same time, Harry Kane's All Star XI will, no doubt, thrash WBA but it would be nice if, having disposed of Mr Pulis, they could put in a determined performance and turn over the arrogant Poch outfit.

It would be nice, but I don't suppose it will happen.

As for the Scum, I suppose Brighton will be like rabbits in a car's headlights and will just lie down and let Mourinho's mob walk all over them.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Ops, a few minutes late. Off to find the delete button ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Justified logic wrote:I'm torn between not wanting to see West Ham relegated and wanting to see Moyes dragged through shite.

When Gollum gets sacked - and I've a feeling it might be sooner than later - I wonder if Pearce will be given the job as Caretaker Manager ??

If so, that should provide some exciting football for the West Ham faithful.........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm

England Ladies on BBC2 if anybody interested.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Who do we all want to win in the Dippers v Chelsea encounter ??
I don't want Klopperty to fashion a win and become unbearable again, along with all their wretched followers, in the mistaken belief that their season is back on track but, at the same time, Chelsea dropping a few points is always welcome.

Difficult.

At the same time, Harry Kane's All Star XI will, no doubt, thrash WBA but it would be nice if, having disposed of Mr Pulis, they could put in a determined performance and turn over the arrogant Poch outfit.

As for the Scum, I suppose Brighton will be like rabbits in a car's headlights and will just lie down and let Mourinho's mob walk all over them.

I'm torn in the Dippers v Chavs game. I think Chelsea will mount a greater challenge but still want them pressurising the Rags, especially as the Rags have a few difficult games coming up. Can't stand the Dippers and do like to laugh at them when it all goes wrong.

So, probably, a draw ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Who do we all want to win in the Dippers v Chelsea encounter ??

Difficult.

Chelsea are serious contenders for the PL IMO. The dippers are not. So much as it pains me I shall not be disappointed to see Chelsea lose. Though I can't actually being myself to cheer for the dippers. The usual red cards and injuries would be a bonus
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I'm torn between not wanting to see West Ham relegated and wanting to see Moyes dragged through shite.

When Gollum gets sacked - and I've a feeling it might be sooner than later - I wonder if Pearce will be given the job as Caretaker Manager ??

If so, that should provide some exciting football for the West Ham faithful.........

Hope Walmai isn't checking in and reads this MC! It's enough to send even the most optimistic hammer to drink
nottsblue

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Can't see beyond a Leicester win. I would feel sorry for Zaba. But on 100 grand a week, fuck it
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Difficult.

A winn'ye the poo or a 0-0 draw for me. I think Chelsea will be our major challengers this year, but always welcome for challengers to draw against each other home and away.

As regards Brighton, having missed the opportunity to go to the first game of the season, I'm hoping they'll stay up and 1 or 3 points tomorrow would be very nice, thank you. I'm hoping Brighton will surprise.

(Were you thinking of Bright Eyes?!)
Justified logic

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:58 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Can't see beyond a Leicester win. I would feel sorry for Zaba. But on 100 grand a week, fuck it

Gotta agree with that sentiment!
Justified logic

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:England Ladies on BBC2 if anybody interested.

If MC is near a TV there is a program about great bridges of the world on Ch5. It is focusing on the Millau viaduct in France
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:England Ladies on BBC2 if anybody interested.

If MC is near a TV there is a program about great bridges of the world on Ch5. It is focusing on the Millau viaduct in France

Yippeeee....thanks for that NB.

You're a star. :) :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby freshie » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:Reckon West Ham will get turned over tonight. Imagine the atmosphere will be very tense

Gollum to get sacked before Christmas
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dimples » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Difficult.

A winn'ye the poo or a 0-0 draw for me. I think Chelsea will be our major challengers this year, but always welcome for challengers to draw against each other home and away.

As regards Brighton, having missed the opportunity to go to the first game of the season, I'm hoping they'll stay up and 1 or 3 points tomorrow would be very nice, thank you. I'm hoping Brighton will surprise.

Hoping for a Chelsea win.
They are serious PL title contenders.
Out of their next 14 fixtures they play 1 top 6 team - Arsenal.

The Dippers are not serious rivals, not with Klopp 'organizing' their defense.
Let them have the 3 points and their 5 minutes in the sun - that is as good as its going to get for them.

I expect Brighton will be well organized and will put it up to the Rags. Houghton is no pushover.
But sadly Utd will win it.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:09 pm

freshie wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Reckon West Ham will get turned over tonight. Imagine the atmosphere will be very tense

Gollum to get sacked before Christmas

1 - 0 down already.
nottsblue

Postby freshie » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Haha. Apparently they've never won at the Olympic Stadium when conceding the first goal

Poor Zaba's legs have gone, he should've retired

EDIT: Think it might be when conceding a goal
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Dimples wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Difficult.

Hoping for a Chelsea win.
They are serious PL title contenders.
Out of their next 14 fixtures they play 1 top 6 team - Arsenal.

The Dippers are not serious rivals, not with Klopp 'organizing' their defense.
Let them have the 3 points and their 5 minutes in the sun - that is as good as its going to get for them.

I expect Brighton will be well organized and will put it up to the Rags. Houghton is no pushover.
But sadly Utd will win it.

Hoping for a Chelsea win? :shock: :? Surely a mistype?
Justified logic

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum