Satisfied or Amazed?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Satisfied or Amazed?

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:25 pm

We've had some good football in the recent past but this stuff has got me confused. It's only early days and, as ever, things can go wrong, but we're presently looking even better than the Barca/Bayern/Real of this world. We're playing the best football the PL has ever seen and I'm not sure if I'm 'Satisfied or Amazed'?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Satisfied or Amazed?

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:28 pm

A lot of people were saying a similar thing this time last season (I think we are playing far better) .... I'd love to think we could keep it up for the season .... but we won't .... still fancy us for the league mind
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:We've had some good football in the recent past but this stuff has got me confused. It's only early days and, as ever, things can go wrong, but we're presently looking even better than the Barca/Bayern/Real of this world. We're playing the best football the PL has ever seen and I'm not sure if I'm 'Satisfied or Amazed'?

Yep Beefy , i have been a bit sceptical of Pep and his decisions , but i must say, the way the players unselfishly give other players the chance to score, is really working in this team. No one player is the centre of attention.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bigblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Amazingly satisfied. Like fucking the girl you've been dreaming about for ages. You've been hoping for it to happen for so long. And now that it's here, you're loving it, but also hoping/worrying that it doesn't end.
Last edited by bigblue on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Feel the same , walking out of the ground talking about how Silva's shot that nearly went in to make it eight.

Stunning performance and we gave up in the last 15mins.

Amazed.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:41 pm

It's all good here here ! Hic! Battery is fucked nite x
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Only 8 games in, I know, but we're playing better football than in Pellegrini's first season - and that was breathtaking.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Can I be greedy and say both? You can't fail to be satisfied. Ten wins from eleven games with 37 goals. If you aren't satisfied with that then frankly you never will be.

And the football we are playing is simply on another level to anyone else in the PL so it would be hard not to be amazed by our performances and goals
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Very very satisfied so far. It's hard to see us loosing a game at the moment. But of course anything can happen so the champagne stays on ice for now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm amazed. Early doors last season I wasn't convinced e.g. We beat Sunderland 2-1 at home after they scored an og with 3 mins left. This is a level I haven't seen before. Only word of caution would be the first half v Shaktar when I thought they more than matched our total football but we did win 2-0.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:15 pm

I’ve felt there is something different going on here right from the start of the season and it’s better it’s getting, not worse like last season, when we barely scraped through some games.
You win nothing at this stage of the season, but this really is enjoyable to watch.
I’ve had this feeling for a while and believe it more than ever now that thIs December we are going to dismantle that United team.
I really believe if they put a team out like the one they put out today, then they will be embarrassed on s sick swan scale.

I don’t normally feel like that. So yes I’m amazed.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:30 pm

Scary thought we are only gonna get better with these guys
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:42 pm

I'm not amazed because I'd looked deep into what pep brought to his teams and I knew he'd get to this point.
As was said, nothing won yet but what's building is incredibly special and it might be the best team the premier league has ever seen by the time he's done.

But I'm delighted, of course
Original Dub

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Both “satisfied and amazed”.

I couldn’t have wished for a better start to the season. First couple of games we were a little bit hit, and miss, with lots more emphasis on the hit, than the miss. Everton was an injustice of a result. The only game we undeservedly dropped points in, robbed by criminally incompetent refereeing.

Anyone who appreciates good football (neutrals) have to be City followers. We are a great advert for the English Premier League. We are playing the game like it should be played, free flowing, attack minded football. One of the criticisms of Guardiola, is that he never does pragmatic. Yet in my opinion our performance away at Chelsea has been the best result of the season so far. I know we only scored the 1 goal, it was not the result, but the over all performance that impressed me, we comprehensively controlled that game for the full 90 +.A mature performance at a very difficult ground.

We are so quick on the Ball, that I find myself having to re-watch our fast intricate Build up play on Sky + to see what I might have missed first time round :lol: :lol: . Right now the football is beautiful, worthy of being watched over, and over again, appreciate the artistic quality of it.

I am enjoying the ride.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby bigblue » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Scary thought we are only gonna get better with these guys

that is very true and blows my mind every time I think about it
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:57 pm

We need to tighten up in defence; conceding two goals to a rubbing-rag outfit like Stoke is just not on......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Crikey though, who needs a defence with such a fantastically potent attack ??

We ought to get another forward in January :lol: :lol: ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:We need to tighten up in defence; conceding two goals to a rubbing-rag outfit like Stoke is just not on......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Teams will think twice about scoring against us now, no good will come of it.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:We need to tighten up in defence; conceding two goals to a rubbing-rag outfit like Stoke is just not on......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ha ha, indeed!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

I think thd fear factor is there already.
We are getting to the stage where some teams will write the game off before crossing the white line.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:We've had some good football in the recent past but this stuff has got me confused. It's only early days and, as ever, things can go wrong, but we're presently looking even better than the Barca/Bayern/Real of this world. We're playing the best football the PL has ever seen and I'm not sure if I'm 'Satisfied or Amazed'?

Yep Beefy , i have been a bit sceptical of Pep and his decisions , but i must say, the way the players unselfishly give other players the chance to score, is really working in this team. No one player is the centre of attention.

THIS!

AMAZED, absolutely is my reasoned take.

Look, this is the kind of football I've been rooting to see again since I saw Rinus Michels's s.c. Clockwork Orange 1974.
This looks like an even better evolution of the concept.

I am a 54 cynical cunt, bored off professional life and disgraced descent towords the age of all miseries.
I mean, eventually, I am the exact opposite of the lad my grand-dad first brought to Maine Rd. in 1970, to watch "that stunning great English side which play such an advanced passing game" in the words of the dear late man. I was 7 then, that age when You look at anything by a pair of Alice in Wonderland eyes.... well.... I was obviouly stunned, mesmerized, tauntalized by the atmosphere, the whole game experience (including what was my first travel abroad, if you exclude a couple of strolls across the France border).....
This season I started to feel almost those exact feelings about football.....
THAT BIG I AM AMAZED BY PEP AND THE LADS! THAT BIG I AM AMAZED BY THE GOD'S OWN CLUB!

well done, thanks, HM The Sheik Mansour.
Last edited by Swales4ever on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum