Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 am

THE BOLLOX

Guardiola hits back after Pochettino accuses Man City boss of being 'disrespectful'
Pep Guardiola hit back at accusations that he "disrespected" Tottenham Hotspur with his previous comments in a press conference.
Maurico Pochettino claimed Manchester City boss Guardiola's description of Spurs as the "Harry Kane team" was "ungentlemanly", but the City manager dismissed the notion that he was disrespectful towards the North London side.
The City coach told a news conference ahead of the game against Stoke City on Saturday that he had consistently praised the quality of Pochettino's team.
"Maybe my memory is not so well, but but I was never disrespectful to my colleague," he said. "I was never disrespectful in a press conference. Never.
"When I talked about Harry Kane's team, it was because Harry Kane was scoring a lot of goals, and I know perfectly that Tottenham are not Harry Kane alone.
"I think that last season, the person who spoke most about appreciating the way Tottenham play was me.
"I said Tottenham are one of the best teams playing. So I'm really disappointed if he said that. I don't know what he said, but I was never disrespectful about my colleagues.
"I respect a lot what Tottenham have done in the last two or three years. There is a lot of credit in the way they play, in the way they are always attacking.
"I've said it many times -- just review what I said. I gave a lot of credit to Tottenham, because last season they finished better than us and that means a lot."
Guardiola added: "Maybe I should have said Pochettino's team when I said Harry Kane's team.
"I said it because Kane scored two goals more against Huddersfield and a goal for the national team and then another goal for the national team."

Manchester City and Manchester United run rule over Anderlecht star
MANCHESTER CITY and Man Yoo are reportedly both keen on bringing Anderlecht star Leander Dendoncker to England.
The Belgium international made his senior debut for the Pro League side in 2013 having risen through their youth ranks.
And last season he played a key role as they won the title and reached the quarter-finals of the Europa League.
Dendoncker’s value soared to £30m over the summer as top clubs from Europe’s elite league’s started sniffing round him.
And reports indicate United and City are interested in securing the 22-year-old’s services as they look to bolster their midfield ranks.
“Manchester United and Manchester City had Anderlecht star Leander Dendoncker watched on Friday night”
The Sun claim Jose Mourinho sent a scout to watch Dendoncker play for Anderlecht against Mechelen on Friday night.
Pep Guardiola, meanwhile, is said to have had officials from City in attendance to report on how well he performed too.
The Sun claim Dendoncker would fancy heading for the Etihad because of the prospect of linking up with countrymen Vincent Kompany and Kevin De Bruyne.
Although he could join fellow Belgian Marouane Fellaini at Old Trafford.
MCF.net thread: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53088

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says talented goalscorers must be brought and cannot be taught
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says you have to be prepared to pay if you're to sign "quality" goalscorers.
City have been outstanding in front of goal this season despite not buying a frontline striker over the summer, having scored 30 goals in 10 games.
Forwards Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus have been prolific, and have been backed up by wingers Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling.
Guardiola puts that down to the effect of new full-backs Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy.
But the City boss stressed the importance of quality strikers.
He said: "Always I believe that creating chances, creating play, creating good actions is the best way to score goals. Always I believe the way we play is so important.
"But the quality to put the ball in the net you have to buy it. That you cannot teach. I cannot teach Sergio and Gabriel and these guys to score goals, it's talent.
"To take the ball, control it and put it there is a talent and you have to buy it.
"When you have guys in your squad who can score 20 or 25 goals it's a good advantage."

Who Is This Gifted Asian Manchester City Are Trying To Sign? Everything You Need To Know
Manchester City are enjoying a flying start to the new Premier League campaign under Pep Guardiola who has guided his side to clinch the top spot of the league table for the time being and has acquired some top-notch youngsters who are destined to rule the football world with their skills, quality and excellence.
Gabriel Jesus, Leroy Sane, Benjamin Mendy and Ederson Moraes are few such prodigies who have already impressed the fans across the globe and have mingled perfectly with the likes of Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany, who are now well-established in the league in terms of experience, consistency as well as achievements.
City’s sudden rise occurred due to hefty investments since the takeover by Sheikh Mansour, one of the football’s wealthiest owners. He has spent massively to make world-class recruitments in order to conquer the league title and has succeeded in doing so. But he has also focused on the grassroots development and has laid out money on youth set-up that is now one of the best in England.
Man City, now, are reportedly plotting a move for 20-year-old Japanese sensation Tatsuya Ito who is hailed as one of the brightest Asian talents. Ito was scouted and acquired by Bundesliga outfit Hamburger SV and joined them from the Academy of J1 side Kashiwa Reysol a couple of years back.
He has progressed through the youth ranks of Hamburg and featured regularly for their reserve side last season, who compete in the fourth tier of the German league system. His prominence earned him a place in their senior side and boss Markus Gisdol has already handed him two Bundesliga appearances this term.
Ito made it to Hamburger SV’s matchday squad against Borussia Dortmund but made his Bundesliga debut in the following fixture against Bayer Leverkusen, when he was introduced as a late substitute. He, however, made his first start of the campaign, against Werder Bremen, and had an impressive display down the left flank before being taken off in the second half. The Japanese youngster is expected to break into their senior side more often and is a favourite to appear against Mainz this weekend when the season resumes after two weeks of absence due to the international break.
Although Ito played on the left wing in both of his outings, he is capable of playing as a centre-forward as well as on the opposite flank. He is pacy, holds strong dribbling skill and loves to take on the defenders using his swift movements. A few things, however, need to be improved, including his decision making, temperament, and crossing traits. But the attacker is still a raw young talent who will flourish and develop in City’s youth system if he joins them.
The player, meanwhile, will be out of contract next summer and Inter Milan have also expressed a strong desire to bring him in. Hamburg are ready to offer him a new long-term deal in order to fend off any interest from his admirers. Both City and Inter Milan are planning for talks in January when he will be available to sign a pre-contract agreement.
Although a potential move will be a huge career step for him, Ito, at the same time, is currently enjoying first-team minutes at Bundesliga. It will be better if he decides to remain with his current employers for at least another year and will eventually have his chances to ply his trade elsewhere if he impresses at senior level.

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

GOLDEN BOLLOX 14-10-2010
Malcolm Allison passes away aged 83. Allison arrived at City in 1965 as assistant manager to Joe Mercer. City went on to win the Second Division crown in 1966, the League title in 1968, FA Cup in 1969 and European Cup Winners’ Cup and League Cup in 1970.
He managed 11 clubs at home and abroad, including the Blues for a second time in 1979 before leading Sporting Lisbon to the Portuguese League and Cup in 1982. He took charge of Crystal Palace on two separate occasions, and also had spells as manager of Bath, Plymouth, Galatasaray, Toronto City, Middlesbrough and Bristol Rovers.

OTHER BOLLOX
Tottenham and England midfielder Dele Alli, 21, is set to test his club's strict wage structure in order to earn a major pay increase - with Real Madrid monitoring developments. (Daily Mail)

Alli is looking for a massive pay rise, from his current £50,000 a week to £160,000. (The Sun)

Liverpool and Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 25, is Barcelona's top transfer target in the January transfer window. (Marca, via Daily Mirror)

The Reds should have sold Coutinho in the summer, says former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson. (Ask Fans)

Meanwhile, Liverpool will do battle with Arsenal to sign midfielder Thomas Lemar, 21, from Monaco next summer. (Daily Mirror)

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger says Mesut Ozil, 28, will have to fight for his midfield place in the team's starting line-up. (Daily Express)

Meanwhile, Arsenal are watching 25-year-old Napoli defender Nikola Maksimovic and could bid for the Serbia international in January. (Guerin Sportivo, via Talksport)

Everton's majority shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, has given his support to manager Ronald Koeman on a rare visit to the club's training ground. (Daily Mail)

Juventus are prepared to wait until next summer to sign Liverpool and Germany midfielder Emre Can. The 23-year-old's contract expires in June. (Calciomercato)

Former Arsenal and Manchester City full-back Bacary Sagna is set to reject a move to Leicester as the 34-year-old favours a switch to Italy. AC Milan and Inter Milan are both interested in the France international. (Leicester Mercury)

Newcastle are interested in signing Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun and watched the 26-year-old in action for Turkey during the international break. (Northern Echo)

West Ham United are set to sell 18-year-old defender Reece Oxford in January - two years after he became the second-youngest player to start a Premier League match. (Daily Mirror) 

AC Milan say they do not want Chelsea boss Antonio Conte to replace under-pressure manager Vincenzo Montella. (London Evening Standard)

Real Madrid are not prepared to match Manchester United's planned £169m bid for Tottenham's 24-year-old striker Harry Kane. (Don Balon, via Daily Star)

Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson, 20, is wanted by several clubs, including Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Watford, Stoke, West Brom and Southampton. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle United defender Jamaal Lascelles and midfielder Mo Diame have offered to take the entire first-team squad and staff out for lunch to apologise for the training-ground fight that left team-mate Jonjo Shelvey with a broken finger. (Daily Telegraph)

BBC pundit Jermaine Jenas has revealed the details of a training-ground bust-up he had during his time at Newcastle. (BBC Radio 5 live)

Replacing Gordon Strachan as manager will do little to solve Scotland's problems, says former Rangers boss Ally McCoist. (Talksport)

The Scottish FA could leave it until the New Year to name a replacement for Strachan. (The Guardian)

Chelsea and France midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko says he will dye his hair blue when he scores his first goal for the club. (Sun)

Former Liverpool midfielder Jamie Redknapp has criticised the Reds for not signing a centre-half and centre-forward during the summer. (Daily Express)

Jamie Carragher - another former Liverpool player - says he does not see his old club winning the Premier League title in the near future. (Daily Telegraph)

Former Manchester United and Netherlands goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar says he rejected a move to Liverpool despite having a tour of Anfield. (Daily Mirror)

Ex-Celtic boss Ronny Deila has revealed he inspired his new side - Norwegian team Valerenga - to a crucial win by stripping naked in a team meeting. (Independent)

Watford's former Tottenham midfielder Etienne Capoue still sees Arsenal as the enemy - two years after leaving Spurs. Watford and Arsenal meet at Vicarage Road on Saturday. (London Evening Standard) 

Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger put his ice hockey skills to the test as the former Manchester United player took part in the 'Shoot the Puck' game during an interval in the match between Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota Wild. (Daily Mail)

Atletico Madrid are taking a member of Bournemouth's groundstaff to become their head groundsman at the new Estadio Wanda Metropolitano. (Independent) 
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:45 am

Cheers Chinners.

Dendoncker has a choice between joining Vinnie and Kev or a big brush, eh? Tough one, that.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:41 pm

The WAG has a look of her out of Modern Family, Gloria I think she's called in it.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 pm

If Scotland delay appointing a new manager until the new year, are they doing that to save money by not having to pay such a salary for three months, or so ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum