Amazon versus Sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Amazon versus Sky

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 pm

The Foggy Blue wrote:Luis Aragones did say our Dave had the biggest cajones in the Spanish squad...

Literally!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 pm

I think the Amazon documentary will give us a glimpse into things we think we know about and we will be wrong and blown away, however I think we will also see the other side of players and maybe we will see things that change our view on certain players. I hope it's a positive but I think it will be more negative.

I remember the Liverpool one, hardly any Liverpool fans unknown liked it and most thought it to be cringeworthy. Let's hope we do better with this effort, despite the onfield results, we want this to be a positive message overall.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:55 am

Wonderwall wrote:I think the Amazon documentary will give us a glimpse into things we think we know about and we will be wrong and blown away, however I think we will also see the other side of players and maybe we will see things that change our view on certain players. I hope it's a positive but I think it will be more negative.

I remember the Liverpool one, hardly any Liverpool fans unknown liked it and most thought it to be cringeworthy. Let's hope we do better with this effort, despite the onfield results, we want this to be a positive message overall.

if it's done like the nfl ones (and we win the quadrauple) it will be fucking amazing
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:43 am

I’m looking forward to seeing this on amazon the club is trying to be bigger commercially to be bigger than the scum fair enough
And this will be like an hours advertising every week for a while AND we get paid for it too.
Making us a household name is marketing calling it whoring is ignorant.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby Londonblue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:53 pm

After some considerable time away from the forum, it's interesting coming back and observing opinion on here.

The CFG/Amazon deal is significant. The really interesting thing about this deal isn't so much the documentary on City, it's the positioning of the Group with global broadcasters - terrestrial, cable, satellite and now OTT (web). Having worked with a global sports broadcaster with Premiership rights, their interest is in reach - numbers of eyeballs. Football is categorised as an entertainment, and one that is growing around 10% YoY. Broadcasters with rights to club content (games, interviews, documentaries) allow them to reach new customers/fans in more and more markets. The bigger the club (or brand) the bigger marketing and monetising opportunities.

For some, this may be sacrilege - but it is reality.

The approach of the Group is to dominate in every aspect of football - on the pitch, commercially, player development, experience, sponsorship, expansion - everywhere. Pep was an important piece of that, as is the continual acquisition of other clubs around the world, endless sponsorship and partnership announcements (by the way, anyone switched brand of tyre to Nexen yet?!). The Amazon documentary broadens our audience, increases revenues and allows CFG to engage in rights conversations that NO OTHER team can, including Barcelona, Real or Bayern.

Interesting times
A woman walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre - so the barman gives her one
Londonblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Londonblue wrote:After some considerable time away from the forum, it's interesting coming back and observing opinion on here.

The CFG/Amazon deal is significant. The really interesting thing about this deal isn't so much the documentary on City, it's the positioning of the Group with global broadcasters - terrestrial, cable, satellite and now OTT (web). Having worked with a global sports broadcaster with Premiership rights, their interest is in reach - numbers of eyeballs. Football is categorised as an entertainment, and one that is growing around 10% YoY. Broadcasters with rights to club content (games, interviews, documentaries) allow them to reach new customers/fans in more and more markets. The bigger the club (or brand) the bigger marketing and monetising opportunities.

For some, this may be sacrilege - but it is reality.

The approach of the Group is to dominate in every aspect of football - on the pitch, commercially, player development, experience, sponsorship, expansion - everywhere. Pep was an important piece of that, as is the continual acquisition of other clubs around the world, endless sponsorship and partnership announcements (by the way, anyone switched brand of tyre to Nexen yet?!). The Amazon documentary broadens our audience, increases revenues and allows CFG to engage in rights conversations that NO OTHER team can, including Barcelona, Real or Bayern.

Interesting times

Welcome.back blue, about time too :D
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum