***watford v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***watford v city official match thread***

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Nowt like a win and a dig at Sterling eh
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:50 pm

sheblue wrote:A superb performance. Not to put a downer on it but a couple of things to think about.
We were not tested defensively and once or twice we didn't look as good as we should at the back. Bigger tests lie ahead.

Sterling just has to improve his end product or eventually Pep will show him the door.

I thought he should have had another penalty tbh.

Two penos won from a sub appearance is not bad.

Saying that, he has to make the last step up now to start.
His finishing is definitely improving, but he needs to grow a pairand not take that split second when decidinghis final ball.

To me that's more important for him.
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Mase wrote:Nowt like a win and a dig at Sterling eh

Exactly. Ridiculous
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Man City are only the 4th team in English top-flight history to win by 5+ goals in consecutive away games vs the same team. Rout.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:49 pm

That's because today his touch was especially sloppy and he was brushed off the ball far too often.

Personally, I think he relies on his quick feet too much to get him out of the trouble his sloppy touch got him in and neglects some basics a little bit, i.e. positioning himself to receive passes correctly or shielding the ball better with his body.

As soon as he improves in those areas, he'll rip this league a new arsehole.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Game of the day on sky spots at 8.30. Cricket will have to go off.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Missed the game today and didn't know the score. Cheers for the match thread but it seemed more of 'Yessssss', 'Get in......' than any real analysis.

You cunts, what a great win ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:41 pm

We have scored more goals in our last two games at Vicarage Road, (11), than Watford have have in their last nine games at home (10).

What a stat!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:We have scored more goals in our last two games at Vicarage Road, (11), than Watford have have in their last nine games at home (10).

What a stat!

I love stats like that, especially when they're positive.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 pm

It's not a dig. It's a fact this manager plays a possession game. If raheem keeps loosing the ball as easily as he currently is patience will wear thin, eventually.
Pep will not want him or anyone else giving the ball away so easily and causing counters against us.
He gave it away a lot today.
Pep is ruthless as all great managers are.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Pleased to see the players come over to the away fans to thank them after the match. Our away fans are consistently fantastic. Great support to the team.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm

SOOO glad I had a first chance to look at Gods Own in real 3D @ the Hornets!
Boosted with a few ales and loud chants outside the Oddfellows, with my sky blue kit I felt much more comfortable than the lads wearing this season away kit... 8-)
pity was on a corporate ticket and could not join our always great travelling Blue Army.

On ground view, you can really appreciate the team job at working as a whole, total unit.
can't help wondering what delight, and composed control, will be coming up in few months, when everything and everyone will have gelled and have the system under the belt. as a dizzying fascination as a bottle of Port Ellen 1978 Sherry Cask. ;)

As line up was announced I couldnt help but moan at what seems a strange Pep's fascination for Otamendi. Even missing Kompany, I think there are less concerning options, but maybe, it is just my blue moaning part letting my overall discomfort with the Argie out. :roll:
In fairness he coped pretty well, even though Danilo would have added a more aware positioning and possibly avoided a couple of scares to Big Johnny.

Just before 10 min mark, weather turned Mancunian and the lads soonely felt home: shame Raz didnt actually shown the same cool as when decided previous league games, and Kev appeared to slip a bit on his support foot (is this english?) and shot wide on a fancy 1-2 with Dave: I thought it wasnt going as smooth as in Rotterdam.
Hell, I couldnt be more wrong: what a majestic header by our Sergio midget, wasnt it? :D
the comfort zone came soonely after with Serge sitter and the lovely strike by the Son of Clapton, while the Blues were keep bossing the park under yet under breathtaking, coast-to-coast direction by Kevin.

In between, I couldnt just restrain myself from showing my true feelings towards that Cleverscum thug, prompting few eyebrows raised by the more composed attendee around: senior folks here can easily get entertained by the fascination of the italian loon trying to showcase his flawed collection of underground derogatives. :shock:

I regret for not being able to report my impressions from the second half, but, honestly, maybe because alone, I was caught by a sort of "over the moon" kind of trance: only aware memory is the insanely beautiful charge worked by the Kun to seal the hat-trick. Btw, am yet to scroll down the thread, but am eager to get into Carl's screams when Pepito denied Sergio the poker.

Also, in fairness, I found Taylor's refereeing quite refreshing: not a perfect ref but never felt that usual sense as if a dick was flying over my ass...

Only down of a finest matchday experience was when I almost lost my inbound flight, having been met by a humourless security geezer, who staightforwardly met me with a "Mark, we have an oily glory hunter here!" Youre wrong, i replied, here's a deluded bitter spud in disguise of a City fan!
luckily enough his mate, mark, had humour for both and it didnt end up in a mess.

All in all, a pretty profitable trip ended up in glorious joy and, in order to bring some relief to Big, I am glad to say that it's always lovely to be back in UK! :P

HAPPY DAYS: the defensive clueless side banged 15 overweek, conceded nihil! not bad for a team whose only hope is Kompany staying fit, isn't?
credit to Josep: even happier days to come, imho.
and I still can't stomach the Barca crap.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: next : watford (a)

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Mase wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Good to see Sterling and Sanè getting on so well.

Who's the lad at the beginning?

Zinchenko mate
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 pm

I don't know what to say other than Pep haters might need to start bowing down pretty soon ;) :D :twisted:
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:25 pm

PrezIke wrote:I don't know what to say other than Pep haters might need to start bowing down pretty soon ;) :D :twisted:

"Pep haters"....... More a case of him earning our respect imo

Yes he's beginning to do just that, if the last few games are anything to go on.

Long may it continue and you will soon find the "haters" will be singing his praises if it does.....

No player or manager is bigger than the club, simple as that, they come and go

We all want to him to succeed but last season there were questions, even early in the current one (Everton game...).

To me he is our manager, not "Pep the Great", he will be afforded the latter status when he does it as our manager, couldn't give a monkeys chuffed about his CV.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:52 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I don't know what to say other than Pep haters might need to start bowing down pretty soon ;) :D :twisted:

Yes he's beginning to do just that, if the last few games are anything to go on.

Long may it continue and you will soon find the "haters" will be singing his praises if it does.....

We all want to him to succeed but last season there were questions, even early in the current one (Everton game...).

To me he is our manager, not "Pep the Great", he will be afforded the latter status when he does it as our manager, couldn't give a monkeys chuffed about his CV.

This

Obviously.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

I say haters, because sorry there have been more than a few who have been quite ready to get rid and dislike his style and approach. It's fine to raise questions, as he is by no means perfect, but I feel like some who do don't like what happened I haven't heard interest in considering alternative explanations to what happened, other than him "being found out." It's Ockham's Razor gone mad (but that's fairly typical I think when it comes to some hard core sport fan banter...rage/rinse/repeat)

I say "haters" becaue these voices have been loud, and I think it's seeped into the fan base over the past season. Last was not a typical transition season, nor was this close season typical, yet I've heard critics of this thinking on well regarded podcasts say, "Every season is a transitional season." As if all are equal.

I think there were many reasons why this team was not really ready to evaluated, as was iterated by some, and can now be seen quite clearly.

This was clearly the need for Pep-like fullbacks, our ability to have real tactical flexibility/more than one formation that works to keep opponents guessing, forwards who finish, time for players to adapt and learn. Yet there were plenty saying they disliked his arrogance, something about him...whatever it is (we could speculate). I respect questions regarding some mistakes some tactical with the squad, yet, was he really to expect Bravo, respected as a top keeper by many, to have dropped off and adapted poorly to the PL so swiftly? I don't think a good number of our fans even knew how good he was, but were ready to say he was crap after one or two games...even if he was the rest of the season...as they only saw his performance last season. I also raised the issue of trying to implement a more "Prem-like" system with players (read: Fullbacks; Clichy/Kola/Sagna) who would be gone in the next and not teach the young players to ready them for season 2?

Some of the comments about Pep were not questions, they were really just high levels of very tough love...and I say tough, because I suspect some have been caught up in romanticized Mancini comparisons, which I can understand, but I wonder what would happen with Mancini in today's game, with these players. My honest assessment is he would be sacked. He doesn't possess the man management skills of top top players that Pep does, where he can put Sane, Bernardo, Sterling or Aguero on the bench and not be seen as against them or re-sign Yaya and drop him as well. He has the respect of the players, and top players ready to learn, grow and win.

I have stayed consistent, as have other Pep supporters even whilst things went sour and there were questions abound for those feeling he might not have what it takes. I saw squad holes that led to difficulties with tactics, particularly in the PL. We spent loads of money (so goes the cliche, and we of course sold plenty to balance the books), but I see quite a few important and smart purchases this summer already, and some that are staples in the team signed the previous close season or two that have made a huge impact.

I just say "haters" because I think he has been given a bit of a raw deal by some of our fans. It's understandable, but does not mean I feel comfortable being silent about it whilst the "critics," particularly in the media, were practically thumping their chests in glee watching him allegedly "fail" last season and even after 2 PL games this.

It's on now...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:50 am

I think I owe something to "The Herr Zurich's thumbs relief initiative"
Hence, let me just summarize this remarkable showcase of stylish English narrative: think is fairly established that our Prez is a "Bob hater" and a "Pep licker" 8-)

what's next on order?

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:56 am

Not one City fan hated Pep, yes many of us think he comes across as a bit of an arrogant cunt ,and have struggled to take to him,” yes” I am one of them. I remind myself though, Whiskey Nose over at the swamp was the biggest Cunts in the game, yet one of the most successful managers of all time. Puts things in to perspective. Guardiola is not here to win a likeability contest; he is here to deliver us lots of success.

Last season our football was slow, dull, insipid, pretty boring to watch, no end product. Frankenstienalona type football.

This season first few games admittedly we looked a little bit iffy, last 3 games it has just clicked. It is beautiful to watch for artistic quality alone when it is like this. I have really enjoyed the last 3 games, not since Bob was here, have I enjoyed our football as much as this.

Teams don’t know how to contain us with our fast attacking full backs, and a plethora of talent in midfield. We look much fitter/leaner all over the Pitch than last season. When we do lose the Ball there are 3/4 players immediately trying to get it back. I saw Guardiola going ballistic at Bernado Silva for losing the Ball and not going after it. The whole team appear to be buying in to his ideas and work ethic.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Loved that yesterday. There is definitely a different feel to us this season over last season's good start. Real drive and purpose to us and a real feeling of togetherness. At the risk of sounding fluffy, but it seems to extend from the team to the fans, and back.
Great day.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum