Queues Getting In The Etihad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Queues Getting In The Etihad

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:12 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
zuricity wrote:My Dad would work saturday mornings ,coming home at 12.30 , when we ( mates and i would go to a match , based on getting money off me dad , when i was skint).

Dad would down his lunch and bugger off to the Grants arms and then get the twenty to three 102 bus up Princess Rd,.

He would dash like a daft bugger to get into the scoreboard end just at kick off time.

In these days of high security , it is prudent to get to the ground early .

You know the kick off time , don't blame anyone else for you not getting in on time .

Me , always early at Maine Rd,. see Malc pull up in his Jag ( Park your car Sir ?)

I didn't feel too secure stood in that fucking queue. I take your point but I take mine too. Some people can't get there an hour before kick off.

There will always be an exception !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby freshie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:14 pm

zuricity wrote:My Dad would work saturday mornings ,coming home at 12.30 , when we ( mates and i would go to a match , based on getting money off me dad , when i was skint).

Dad would down his lunch and bugger off to the Grants arms and then get the twenty to three 102 bus up Princess Rd,.

He would dash like a daft bugger to get into the scoreboard end just at kick off time.

You know the kick off time , don't blame anyone else for you not getting in on time .

Me , always early at Maine Rd,. see Malc pull up in his Jag ( Park your car Sir ?)

Well luckily for him he finished work at 12.30. What if he had finished at 2.30?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:47 am

freshie wrote:

Well luckily for him he finished work at 12.30. What if he had finished at 2.30?

he would not be in time for the start of the game. He would still go to the game. Obviously there were rarely queues at Maine Rd after the game started.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:19 am

The club will have to respond to the peeps not the peeps to the club,particularly at night games.

25 minutes to get into spiral E yesterday is not acceptable. There were 3 checkers but space & the need for 5

The club should resource so that no one has to to wait more than 10 minutes MAX !!

Put it in the service charter City.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum