Johnny Evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Johnny Evans

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Back to Evans, an online summary of him as a player:-

Evans looked silky at times, substandard at others. He was a common denominator in many of the defensive disasters of Ferguson’s final few years – the 2010 defeat to League One Leeds United, the 4-0 loss at West Ham United, the League Cup embarrassment against Crystal Palace, the Europa League exit to Athletic Bilbao, the autumn of 2012 when they were strangers to clean sheets – and indeed was sent off in City’s 6-1 win at Old Trafford, when he was utterly unable to handle Mario Balotelli. Too often it seemed he lacked the presence that Vidic exuded.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Justified logic » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Dunnylad wrote:Back to Evans, an online summary of him as a player:-

Evans looked silky at times, substandard at others. He was a common denominator in many of the defensive disasters of Ferguson’s final few years – the 2010 defeat to League One Leeds United, the 4-0 loss at West Ham United, the League Cup embarrassment against Crystal Palace, the Europa League exit to Athletic Bilbao, the autumn of 2012 when they were strangers to clean sheets – and indeed was sent off in City’s 6-1 win at Old Trafford, when he was utterly unable to handle Mario Balotelli. Too often it seemed he lacked the presence that Vidic exuded.

Ancient history mate! Pep has spoken. ;)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dub City wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I reckon this will go through for 20m, alot of news reports saying they will accept 20 and he has agreed personal terms already.

I think he is a decent player, good value and fits in with what we need and how we play.....but he's a rag so,,,,,

Thinking about it though, i dont remember any ex rags flopping(hughes aside) they have all done ok for us, in fact i reckon Terry cooke was the reason we got promoted in 99 he was that good for that half a season. Even Cole did well before fucking us over.

Ah come on Andy Morrison was the reason we got promoted in 99 !

Got yellow card for aggressive walking........................true story.

Morrison got booked for sticking his tongue down someone's throat
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:Back to Evans, an online summary of him as a player:-

Ancient history mate! Pep has spoken. ;)

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Pretty much been my thoughts as well:

This I did not know, but suspected was plausible:

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm

So Sam Lee off twitter is SkYs "source" ?
What a fucking joke .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:33 pm

City64 wrote:So Sam Lee off twitter is SkYs "source" ?
What a fucking joke .

if it's baseless seems more likely Shay Given trying to up Jonny boy's contract at WBA
I don't think it is personally, I think they need to keep the 2 foreign spaces open and reckon that Evans is a better bet than Gibson or Mawson etc to replace Kolarov
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm

dumb question - would evans count as homegrown? i am clueless about that stuff.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:dumb question - would evans count as homegrown? i am clueless about that stuff.

Yes.

Same Lee in his article says we planned for Bertrand but the Alves situation caused us to change plans, spend more money and then be in need of another HG player. (probably also because Delph is off)
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 pm

What a fucking joke .

I know it might be a tough pill to swallow mate, and I know we have every reason to think it's a story to stirr up our fans, but I think this is a legit one.

Sam Lee doesn't just pick up stories floating around and write about them.

I'm gathering he's done his homework, which he has explained a few times on the 93:20 pod.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:09 pm

phips wrote:
Shay Given says it is "refreshing" to see his former club Manchester City show an interest in West Brom defender Jonny Evans.

City have had an £18m bid rejected by the Baggies as Pep Guardiola looks to recruit defensive cover before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

Evans spent nine seasons with City's bitter rivals Manchester United earlier in his career but Given insists he isn't surprised Guardiola has attempted to sign the Northern Ireland international.

"It doesn't [surprise me] and it's quite refreshing that Man City are trying to buy a British or Irish player because we always see these foreign imports coming in who don't know the Premier League," Given said.

"Jonny Evans is a very experienced defender. He's won the Premier League three times at Man United - maybe that's why there was some question marks when Man City were interested.

"But this time last year, Arsenal were interested in him as well. So I think he's a quality defender, he knows the league, he's the captain now at West Brom, he's a leader at the back and I think he'll be a great addition."

City have spent heavily on their defence this summer - signing Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy and Danilo for a combined fee of over £120m.

However, with club captain Vincent Kompany continuing to struggle with injuries and John Stones and Eliaquim Mangala short on form, Given believes Evans would provide much-needed cover at the heart of the defence as City look to compete on four fronts this season.

"He's 29 years of age, and ready to go straight on the team," said Given, who made 69 appearances for City over the course of three seasons.

"Mangala was £30m, they're trying to loan him out at the minute. Otamendi was £30m plus. For me Vincent Kompany's the best defender at Manchester City, but he's had a few injury problems.

"And Pep Guardiola is probably looking at that situation thinking can Vincent play every Champions League, Premier League, cup game? The answer is probably no. So Jonny Evans would be a perfect replacement."
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10992358/west-broms-jonny-evans-would-be-perfect-at-man-city-says-shay-given

Shay Given is badly wrong with the valuations he's just quoted there for both Mangala and Otamendi.

The media must have the correct figures because the ones they have continually broadcast for these two players are far, far higher......and the British media are totally trustworthy, aren't they ??

Come on Shay, get your facts right..............
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:54 pm

PrezIke wrote:
What a fucking joke .

I know it might be a tough pill to swallow mate, and I know we have every reason to think it's a story to stirr up our fans, but I think this is a legit one.

I'm gathering he's done his homework, which he has explained a few times on the 93:20 pod.

Mate if this does happen Pep can fuck off ! Tosin SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE not waste millions on a useless ex rag cunt and divide our support , Pep is a cunt of the highest order and our suits should be telling the cunt "no " this can not happen . Everything about this is just wrong no matter how a few are dressing it up it just doesn't wash with die hard blues . YOUTH SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE this is fucking madness just when everything is looking positive and exciting absolute madness decision by people who couldn't give two fucks about the club its history its fans JUST FUCKING MONEY !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:14 pm

City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
What a fucking joke .

Mate if this does happen Pep can fuck off ! Tosin SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE not waste millions on a useless ex rag cunt and divide our support , Pep is a cunt of the highest order and our suits should be telling the cunt "no " this can not happen . Everything about this is just wrong no matter how a few are dressing it up it just doesn't wash with die hard blues . YOUTH SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE this is fucking madness just when everything is looking positive and exciting absolute madness decision by people who couldn't give two fucks about the club its history its fans JUST FUCKING MONEY !!!

This. Thought it would be Carl or kolorovs mate when I read.

Were not skint city with Pearce anymore. And even then I'd say no.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm

City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I know it might be a tough pill to swallow mate, and I know we have every reason to think it's a story to stirr up our fans, but I think this is a legit one.
I think Tosin is due to be loaned this season, and it's Kolarov that is being replaced with a left sided defender. Tosin is clearly not judged to be ready, particularly for a back three and to be honest he's didn't really stand out on tour. A period of adjustment will be required for us all if it happens, obviously longer for some than others but that is not a measure to cause division on here.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dimples » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 pm

City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
What a fucking joke .

I am lost - what is the difference between this and say Tevez or Schmeichel?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I know it might be a tough pill to swallow mate, and I know we have every reason to think it's a story to stirr up our fans, but I think this is a legit one.
I think Tosin is due to be loaned this season, and it's Kolarov that is being replaced with a left sided defender. Tosin is clearly not judged to be ready, particularly for a back three and to be honest he's didn't really stand out on tour. A period of adjustment will be required for us all if it happens, obviously longer for some than others but that is not a measure to cause division on here.

Evans is a third rate ex rag of course it is going to cause divisions amonst city fans and affect the club , where are our clubs principles ??? what fucking direction are we really going ??? GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE NOT BUY SHITE EX RAGS FOR MILLIONS !!! if not youth buy English talent from lower leagues NOT FUCKING SHITE EX RAGS !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Dimples wrote:
City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
What a fucking joke .

I am lost - what is the difference between this and say Tevez or Schmeichel?

Tevez was world class and had fallen out with taggart it was a coup by us when we needed world class talent and a poke in the eye for the rags . Schmeichel I was never comforatable with old fat and past it we were a bit of a joke then . Again WE DONT NEED TO DO THIS EVANS THING .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dimples » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:44 pm

I now understand where you are coming from.

For me, I want the club to win the PL and CL and stay above the Rags in all competitions.
If Jonny Evan could help us do that - then that is ok by me.
I think he will help us. Vinny cannot play every game so we need experienced and steady cover.
Look at how unsteady we were last season. Ederson was flapping a bit again'st Brighton he may need cool heads around him.

For me it would be all the sweeter if we win the PL and/or CL and finish higher that the Rags using an ex Rag to do it.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Dimples wrote:I now understand where you are coming from.

For me, I want the club to win the PL and CL and stay above the Rags in all competitions.
If Jonny Evan could help us do that - then that is ok by me.
I think he will help us. Vinny cannot play every game so we need experienced and steady cover.
Look at how unsteady we were last season. Ederson was flapping a bit again'st Brighton he may need cool heads around him.

For me it would be all the sweeter if we win the PL and/or CL and finish higher that the Rags using an ex Rag to do it.

The main fly in that ointment is that Evans isn't very good.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Rag cunt and terrible player. How the fuck did Txiki and Pep end up offering 18m for that cunt?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum