Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 pm

He dives well.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:55 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Different class today, can't wait for him to pull his blue shirt on.

Ae Chelsea in for him?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:20 am

johnny crossan wrote:Different class today, can't wait for him to pull his blue shirt on.

didn’t watch the whole match but...I saw Sanchez lose the ball cheaply, make stupid decisions and take too many touches. A lot like hazard imo...tons of talent on the ball but lacking that elite footballing brain that makes the KDBs and silva’s of the world so good. I think he’d frustrate the fuck out of us if we signed him.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:

didn’t watch the whole match but...I saw Sanchez lose the ball cheaply, make stupid decisions and take too many touches. A lot like hazard imo...tons of talent on the ball but lacking that elite footballing brainthat makes the KDBs and silva’s of the world so good. I think he’d frustrate the fuck out of us if we signed him.

I think you'll have a pleasant surprise if we do and the opportunity to revise your risible remark above as well.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:

didn’t watch the whole match but...I saw Sanchez lose the ball cheaply, make stupid decisions and take too many touches. A lot like hazard imo...tons of talent on the ball but lacking that elite footballing brain that makes the KDBs and silva’s of the world so good. I think he’d frustrate the fuck out of us if we signed him.

That one that scored the second goal with a phenomenal first touch? Hasn't he already played under Pep? He's one of the few players from other prem teams that I covet.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:02 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

didn’t watch the whole match but...I saw Sanchez lose the ball cheaply, make stupid decisions and take too many touches. A lot like hazard imo...tons of talent on the ball but lacking that elite footballing brainthat makes the KDBs and silva’s of the world so good. I think he’d frustrate the fuck out of us if we signed him.

I think you'll have a pleasant surprise if we do and the opportunity to revise your risible remark above as well.

With you on this one JC. Wouldn’t touch the Sanchez who played against us with a barge pole but thought he was outstanding yesterday and should’ve won MOTM ahead of Ozil and when he plays like that you can’t defend against him
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:12 pm

freshie wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

With you on this one JC. Wouldn’t touch the Sanchez who played against us with a barge pole but thought he was outstanding yesterday and should’ve won MOTM ahead of Ozil and when he plays like that you can’t defend against him

If we had Sanchez I think our missed opportunities stats would decrease - he is a clinical finisher
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 pm

He’s class, but I still don’t want him. Don’t want aguero going or sane or Sterling to become benchwarmers. Let him add the odd touch of class to Arsenal and then bugger off elsewhere. We genuinely don’t need him!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:46 pm

dazby wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

That one that scored the second goal with a phenomenal first touch? Hasn't he already played under Pep? He's one of the few players from other prem teams that I covet.

he’s v talented on the ball, but I see him like hazard as more of a great individual than a great team player. doesn’t usually make the players around him better.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
dazby wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

he’s v talented on the ball, but I see him like hazard as more of a great individual than a great team player. doesn’t usually make the players around him better.

Nor sure what you've been watching mate. Different strokes I guess...

I don't particularly want him but i think he's pretty much the perfect player for peps system.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Am I alone in thinking that if he joined us, Pep wouldn't have him as an alternative directly to Aguero and Jesus up front or even Sane and Sterling out wide, but rather as a playmaker alternative to Silva or KDB?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:Am I alone in thinking that if he joined us, Pep wouldn't have him as an alternative directly to Aguero and Jesus up front or even Sane and Sterling out wide, but rather as a playmaker alternative to Silva or KDB?

Nah. He’d convert him into a world class left back or centre back maybe.
Pure genius is our Pep.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:Am I alone in thinking that if he joined us, Pep wouldn't have him as an alternative directly to Aguero and Jesus up front or even Sane and Sterling out wide, but rather as a playmaker alternative to Silva or KDB?

Can't rule it out but I think he'll predominantly play wide. I reckon we'll see Bernardo in the centre more often if this happens.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby kennyboy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:12 am

Can`t rule out if he comes, Pep will allow Serge to join Real. Dont like that!
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 am

kennyboy wrote:Can`t rule out if he comes, Pep will allow Serge to join Real. Dont like that!

not until they've both won their pots with us ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 am

Probably one of the reasons why Pep desires him so much, he can fill a number of roles.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 am

SSN Breaking News: - Arsenic says he's going nowhere in January and neither is Ozil and he hopes they will also stay next season. That's that then. 'With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens.'
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:27 am

Yes Arsene we believe you, we really do.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:14 pm

He knows doing this also decreases the chance he comes to us vs PSG or Bayern it some other non PL club.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Shenanigans when he scored his first goal tonight, wanted to know where the rest of his team were for the goal celebration when only the Germans turned up!
Souness and Henry reckoned it was a sure sign of a split dressing room- fuelling the stories he's offsky next month. ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum