*** City vs. Leicester official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** City vs. Leicester official match thread ***

Postby littlebig » Sun May 14, 2017 11:09 am

Thought we just deserved it yesterday. Got a slice of luck which has been missing for a good portion of our season. Nearly blew it really which has been another aspect of this season. Hopefully resilience will be more of a feature under Pep next year.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Mase » Sun May 14, 2017 11:50 am

patrickblue wrote:If the rags have got a Lionel, we want a Tranny

Didn't Weaver used to go out in Manchester dressed as a woman? I'm sure I remember a rumour or two about that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon May 15, 2017 6:18 am

Mase wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Fake ronaldo was like that in his early daysat the rags too..

Fuck it then. We've got the next Ronaldo here already. No need to buy anyone this summer..

Actually we don't need much in attacking department. Maybe some depth if Navas AND Nolito goes but that's it. Aguero, G-Sus, Sane, Sterling, Iheanacho, KDB (capable of playing in the wing), Silva, Navas/Nolito and I'd bring Roberts back and give him a go. That's more than enough depth and quality. It's just about getting them on the same page.

Whole defence including goalkeeper (Stones and Kompany can stay though you can't rely on Vinnie to play more than 20 games at best) and one quality box to box midfielder is needed though. And that is going to cost us 100 million. Let's just concentrate on that.

And Dubciteh is correct. Tranaldo, Messi and all of the future wing superstars were like that as youngsters. I'm absolutely 100% positive, injuries permitted, that Sane is going to be a superstar. He is already a world class winger. Amazing talent.

He is an amazing talent no doubt. Inferring he's he next Ronaldo or Messi is crazy though after half a good season with us.

I see all the pieces needed in him. He is fast, great ball control, fantastic dribbler and (this is very important and will always separate good wingers from great) cand dribble at full pace. He has a decent shot and is able to both cut in to shoot and cut out to cross. But what I really see in him is this amazing determination for the game. You can see he has that burning inside him to be absolute best. I've seen millions of supertalented kids without that determination in their eyes and effort and very few with tht passion and later group almost invariably made it. I bet he is fantastic in training.

I'm not going to pretend he is already there though. He has all the hallmarks of rawness. His tactical ability needs to be improved. He occasionally seems to be lost with certain concepts. He has the determination but still has that teenage stubborness about him that he tries to go past that fifth player instead of being decisive. His crossing needs polishing. And he needs to learn how to conservate energy. Right now he makes too many runs and therefore can be bit drained at the end of the game occasiinally. Oh and he needs 10 to 15 pounds more functional mass. BUT he has that burning inside him to work on all those and this is where Pep is supposed to be at his best.

I read somewhere that his mother was olympic level gymnast and father professional footballer. You can see that amazing genepool in him. Elastic, fast, skilled and composed. But I'm sure as a son of two former professionals he has been taught the right workrate since he was in diapers.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 am

I agree, not excited for Jesus to realise his potential as much as I am for Sane.

I love the fact he doesn't let his head drop ever. I get the feeling he'll replace aguero every summer in being linked to Real.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum