*** City vs. Leicester official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** City vs. Leicester official match thread ***

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat May 13, 2017 7:12 pm

KDB was awful today, giving the ball away an extraordinary amount of times. Given that Pep supposedly wants a possession based game, I wonder if it has crossed his mind Ginger Kev doesn't fit the profile of a Pep player.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby freshie » Sat May 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:KDB was awful today, giving the ball away an extraordinary amount of times. Given that Pep supposedly wants a possession based game, I wonder if it has crossed his mind Ginger Kev doesn't fit the profile of a Pep player.

He doesn't seem to suit the role of a central attacking midfielder for me as he is too weak in the challenge and gives the ball away at decisive moments, like the one that led to the leicester goal. For me his best position seems to be out wide on the right. His ball retention and ability to win it back are not good enough for him to play in a central role and for anyone who thinks that he is the natural successor to Silva, think again - not fit to lace his boots
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Just been told that Craig Shakespeare is now claiming the penalty kick should have been retaken, because there were several City players inside the goal area when the ball was struck.

He must be doing this for overtly dramatic effect, as he probably has aspirations of a permanent contract but, methinks, it's 'Much Ado About Nothing'.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Sat May 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:Sterling is second top scorer for us with 10 and second on assists with 13 (3 behind KDB).

Shall we give the 22 year old a break?

Good point but he frustrates the life out of me a lot of the time. I always feel as though he bottles it in the big moments - maybe I'm too picky I don't know. Just think Sane is already a much better player than Sterling and will go on to be the better player

We'll see mate. I'd personally have Sterling over Sanè. I agree Sterling's bottle does go sometimes, but last season he dragged us through the group stages of the Champs League, got in to the 'team of the group stages' and this season against Arsenal showed a bit of bottle by cutting in from the right, skinning a player, and scoring a belter with his weaker foot. He'll improve on his bottle and do that more often I'm hoping in the future.

You'd have Sterling over Sané? Seriously?! There is no doubt in my mind that Leroy is already the better of the 2 as he showed today and will be an absolute superstar for us. Sterling? Hmmmm....
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat May 13, 2017 7:42 pm

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:Sterling is second top scorer for us with 10 and second on assists with 13 (3 behind KDB).

Shall we give the 22 year old a break?

Good point but he frustrates the life out of me a lot of the time. I always feel as though he bottles it in the big moments - maybe I'm too picky I don't know. Just think Sane is already a much better player than Sterling and will go on to be the better player

We'll see mate. I'd personally have Sterling over Sanè. I agree Sterling's bottle does go sometimes, but last season he dragged us through the group stages of the Champs League, got in to the 'team of the group stages' and this season against Arsenal showed a bit of bottle by cutting in from the right, skinning a player, and scoring a belter with his weaker foot. He'll improve on his bottle and do that more often I'm hoping in the future.

You'd have Sterling over Sané? Seriously?! There is no doubt in my mind that Leroy is already the better of the 2 as he showed today and will be an absolute superstar for us. Sterling? Hmmmm....

Of course mate. Look at the stats. Sanè has had a decent half a season.
I'd be interested to see who has given the ball away most out of them both as well. My money would be on Sanè.

I still see Sanè becoming a top top player though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby freshie » Sat May 13, 2017 8:10 pm

I'd also be interested to see who has had the most successful take-ons. My money would be on Sané
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just been told that Craig Shakespeare is now claiming the penalty kick should have been retaken, because there were several City players inside the goal area when the ball was struck.

He must be doing this for overtly dramatic effect, as he probably has aspirations of a permanent contract but, methinks, it's 'Much Ado About Nothing'.

Craig Shakespeare is a fat cunt no mark who will be sacked in a few days nuff said .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Overall a performance soon to be forgotten no doubt but the second half display should be a warning - we are a long way from where we need to be after a season of dancing to our Spanish maestro's tune.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat May 13, 2017 8:54 pm

freshie wrote:I'd also be interested to see who has had the most successful take-ons. My money would be on Sané

That's the problem though, Sanè will skin five players then pass one of them the ball. He's frustrating to say the least.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Sat May 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:I'd also be interested to see who has had the most successful take-ons. My money would be on Sané

That's the problem though, Sanè will skin five players then pass one of them the ball. He's frustrating to say the least.

Fake ronaldo was like that in his early daysat the rags too..
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat May 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:

Fuck it then. We've got the next Ronaldo here already. No need to buy anyone this summer..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Sat May 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:

Fuck it then. We've got the next Ronaldo here already. No need to buy anyone this summer..

Unfortunately we don't have anyone capable of being a decent fullback
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby freshie » Sat May 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Mase wrote:

At least he has the balls to try to skin his full back. His decision making is what I'd expect from a young winger. It will improve
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sun May 14, 2017 6:32 am

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:

At least he has the balls to try to skin his full back. His decision making is what I'd expect from a young winger. It will improve

Oh and btw it is not Sane's fault there is no one in the box !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun May 14, 2017 6:47 am

zuricity wrote:
freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:

Oh and btw it is not Sane's fault there is no one in the box !

Wowowow! We weren't allowed to use that excuse when Kolarov was pinging perfect balls in to the box pretty much rolling them across the goal line for someone to tap in and no one would attack them. :)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun May 14, 2017 6:50 am

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:

Just to clarify mate, I think Sanè will be class. We've missed that run at a defender type player and it's something I love seeing happen.

Sanè is one year younger than Sterling. Sterling has won the Golden Boy award, he was in the team of the Champions League last year. Hes 3 behind KDB on assists this season - and people are saying Kev is one of the best playmakers in the Prem. He's our second top scorer this season. He deserves a bit of slack imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 14, 2017 8:20 am

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:

Actually we don't need much in attacking department. Maybe some depth if Navas AND Nolito goes but that's it. Aguero, G-Sus, Sane, Sterling, Iheanacho, KDB (capable of playing in the wing), Silva, Navas/Nolito and I'd bring Roberts back and give him a go. That's more than enough depth and quality. It's just about getting them on the same page.

Whole defence including goalkeeper (Stones and Kompany can stay though you can't rely on Vinnie to play more than 20 games at best) and one quality box to box midfielder is needed though. And that is going to cost us 100 million. Let's just concentrate on that.

And Dubciteh is correct. Tranaldo, Messi and all of the future wing superstars were like that as youngsters. I'm absolutely 100% positive, injuries permitted, that Sane is going to be a superstar. He is already a world class winger. Amazing talent.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mase » Sun May 14, 2017 8:34 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:

Actually we don't need much in attacking department. Maybe some depth if Navas AND Nolito goes but that's it. Aguero, G-Sus, Sane, Sterling, Iheanacho, KDB (capable of playing in the wing), Silva, Navas/Nolito and I'd bring Roberts back and give him a go. That's more than enough depth and quality. It's just about getting them on the same page.

Whole defence including goalkeeper (Stones and Kompany can stay though you can't rely on Vinnie to play more than 20 games at best) and one quality box to box midfielder is needed though. And that is going to cost us 100 million. Let's just concentrate on that.

And Dubciteh is correct. Tranaldo, Messi and all of the future wing superstars were like that as youngsters. I'm absolutely 100% positive, injuries permitted, that Sane is going to be a superstar. He is already a world class winger. Amazing talent.

He is an amazing talent no doubt. Inferring he's he next Ronaldo or Messi is crazy though after half a good season with us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 14, 2017 8:38 am

Here's the stats to see for yourselves what's being discussed regarding Sterling and Same, very little to choose between them.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167/Sho ... ester-City
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 14, 2017 10:34 am

Mase wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:

He is an amazing talent no doubt. Inferring he's he next Ronaldo or Messi is crazy though after half a good season with us.

If the rags have got a Lionel, we want a Tranny
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum