FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Postby The Maine Man » Wed May 10, 2017 5:32 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
john68 wrote:The theory put forward is that 'Agents are the lubricant that makes it all work'

It is they that representmost players throughout their whole careers and it is they that negotiate transfers, signing on fees, get out clauses, bonuses, wages etc. A player often only spends a short time at a number of clubs, so it is an agent who ultimately makes the player rich and it is to the agent that the player ultimately owes his loyalty.
Agents have links with particular managers who get kick backs if they sign players from a particular agent's stable.
If an agent has a number of players in any particular team, it gives the agent leverage over the team.
Agents have links with the global gambling mafia, (and they do exist) and so it goes on.

And it's all very plausible John.
The only thing missing is a smoking gun.
The evidence is all around us, but currently it is only circumstantial.

I've said before in here, that though I firmly believe that corruption is rife, it needs to be said that is amazing that we don't have whistleblowers willing to open the can of worms.

It is strange to say the least that you could hope to keep a lid on something as big as what we are talking about.
It would take some amount of muscle to keep things quiet.

You may well be right IWT but I suppose it could be argued that with a gravy train as big as it undoubtedly is, it's in no-one's self interest to blow the whistle.

The trough is massive and the snouts are sucking up more than their fill, so everyone is happy...........

There's a simple explanation. If the rot does run that deep and organised gangs are running or influencing the show then a potential whistleblower will need to think very hard before doing so. They and their families will be threatened and intimidated. Football is after all 'only a game' so why would players or officials risk their families safety just to get it all off their chest. It pays then well and keeps them safe.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 10, 2017 7:08 am

Madeley for Leicester and Pawson for West Brom. Top 4 still a big task.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 10, 2017 7:16 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Madeley for Leicester and Pawson for West Brom. Top 4 still a big task.

Too right, both up and coming in the PIGMOL ranks - eager to impress again and show they've learned their lines.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed May 10, 2017 7:24 am

I'm not sure how corrupt football is? There is so much secrecy. Halsall tried to expose refereeing order's from above but was given no coverage.

What is certain is that United now have key decision makers at the top of football's hierarchy, throughout the media and even with embedded officials like Taylor. They have similarities to a "cosa nostra"

Scudamore has said "United's decline is bad for the Premier League"
This season, in particular, they seem to have benefited significantly from failure of officials to apply the rules. While City have generally had the opposite from officials​ this season.

IMO United have such influence in the game, that systems such as "extended video refereeing", will only be allowed when they have sufficiently​ rebuilt and strengthen​ed to fully take advantage.
Last edited by Plain Speaking on Wed May 10, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:27 am

Plain Speaking wrote:I'm not sure how corrupt football is? There is so much secrecy. Halsall tried to expose refereeing order's from above but was given no coverage.

What is certain is that United now have key decision makers at the top of football's hierarchy, throughout the media and even with embedded officials like Taylor. They have similarities to a "cosa nostra"

Scudamore has said "United's decline is bad for the Premier League"
This season, in particular, they seem to have benefited significantly from failure of officials to apply the rules.

IMO United have such influence in the game, that systems such as "extended video refereeing", will only be allowed when they have sufficiently​ rebuilt and strengthen​ed to fully take advantage.

well said.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:31 am

Ajax are already on the CL so are the scum already in even if they lost a final....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 10, 2017 7:51 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Madeley for Leicester and Pawson for West Brom. Top 4 still a big task.

Too right, both up and coming in the PIGMOL ranks - eager to impress again and show they've learned their lines.

Pawson was the ref for the semi-final against Arsenal so I'm dumbfounded the cheating scrote has been allowed near us so soon after.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 10, 2017 8:01 am

Hazy2 wrote:Ajax are already on the CL so are the scum already in even if they lost a final....

No. It only applies to the winners
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:09 am

nottsblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Ajax are already on the CL so are the scum already in even if they lost a final....

Cheers, C'mon Ajax.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 10, 2017 9:46 am

Hazy2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Cheers, C'mon Ajax.

Come on Celta Vigo
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 10, 2017 9:51 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Pawson was the ref for the semi-final against Arsenal so I'm dumbfounded the cheating scrote has been allowed near us so soon after.

he's shown himself to be a very reliable upward thruster ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 10, 2017 11:35 am

Original Dub wrote:Exactly Carl.

Nigel, you think we've had the same amount of terrible decisions as "every other club in the country ", let alone every other top side??

The influence the officials had on our fa cup and champions league outcome alone was astonishing.

We'd be finalists in the fa cup had we not been cheated and we'd have been at least quarter finalists. That first leg officiating is the worst I've ever seen against us in europe.

And that's before I even get to the league.

I don't know why we're being cheated. Maybe it's a combination or things.

But you can't see we're being cheated.

And you're the only one on the whole board at this stage.

Does that not ring alarm bells?

We have Pawson reffing our game against WBA !!!....how is it fuckign possible this piece of cheating shit gets to fuck us over so soon after he last fucked us over ???

Some will tell us its the '' Luck of the draw'' !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 10, 2017 12:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
We have Pawson reffing our game against WBA !!!....how is it fuckign possible this piece of cheating shit gets to fuck us over so soon after he last fucked us over ???

The CUNT who allowed Gooners to kick Dave to fuck for 20+ minutes at Wembley!!!!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 10, 2017 12:47 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The CUNT who allowed Gooners to kick Dave to fuck for 20+ minutes at Wembley!!!!

Tyler said it was 'the referee letting the game breathe' - typically sickening comment from a truly despicable man.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 10, 2017 1:04 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The Club could consider making a press statement, prior to any game where we have a particularly odiously dubious official, that we have objected to the FA and PIGMOB about him being foisted upon us, because we don't believe his performance will be without bias against us.

This would make good headlines in all newspapers.

We'll get fined of course and the FA won't change that referee for that game of course but we will have made our point and, during the game itself, our cheating official will be under a greater scrutiny than normal and we might just get a fair deal, for once.

In subsequent games,all that might then be necessary is to make further press announcements that we will be closely scrutinising the performance of all the officials to evaluate their conduct. However, where necessary, we could repeat the press announcement for subsequent games, about objecting to the referee because of the danger of bias.

We'll get fined and threatened of course, but it will all be in the public domain and, little by little, we might start to get greater sympathy throughout the land, with a fairer deal to follow.

Just a thought, for what it's worth.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The Club could consider making a press statement, prior to any game where we have a particularly odiously dubious official, that we have objected to the FA and PIGMOB about him being foisted upon us, because we don't believe his performance will be without bias against us.

This would make good headlines in all newspapers.

We'll get fined of course and the FA won't change that referee for that game of course but we will have made our point and, during the game itself, our cheating official will be under a greater scrutiny than normal and we might just get a fair deal, for once.

In subsequent games,all that might then be necessary is to make further press announcements that we will be closely scrutinising the performance of all the officials to evaluate their conduct. However, where necessary, we could repeat the press announcement for subsequent games, about objecting to the referee because of the danger of bias.

We'll get fined and threatened of course, but it will all be in the public domain and, little by little, we might start to get greater sympathy throughout the land, with a fairer deal to follow.

Just a thought, for what it's worth.

Hmmm. Not sure that would ultimately be to our benefit MC, but I do agree that we should by now have started using the media more craftily than we do.
Unless you subscribe to the view that our main battle is going on behind the scenes, off field, then you would have to admit that our code of silence while being shafted is not only winding up our own fans, but also....... It doesn't appear to be doing anything other than making them bolder.

Perhaps a subtle dig each week in the presser, like; 'Mr pawson, oh we had him in the FA Cup semi-final','Oh that wasn't a good game for us. Little Dave, Fern and Kun all had to go off because they were kicked around the park and we had a perfectly good goal ruled out for no good reason at all.' 'I hope Mr. Pawson has a good game.'

You get the gist.

Each week substitute the refs name and the specific incidents from his previous game reffing us.
Draw the spotlight on as much as possible, just like the derby, where they didn't dare do us twice in a row in high profile games.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Have we had Taylor since the Chelsea game, when he pissed all over us !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CuteMancs » Wed May 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Have we had Taylor since the Chelsea game, when he pissed all over us !

For the record we have Bobby Madley in charge on Saturday

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 10, 2017 3:52 pm

CuteMancs wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Have we had Taylor since the Chelsea game, when he pissed all over us !

For the record we have Bobby Madley in charge on Saturday

Noooo argh he is by far IMO the most incompetent of them all. He is beyond useless. I don't think I have seen him have a good game anywhere.he stinks the place out at the etihad.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Yes, we had him for a cup game (Huddersfield I think).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum