FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Postby john68 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:23 pm

As many on here will know; a number of years ago, I was alerted by a Guardian financial report on the implications on the game in Europe of the actions of the G14 group of clubs. That I was reading this in Guardian's the business pages, not a place I can often, if ever found and not in the mainstream sports media surprised me. What I read horrified me. Though it was all in the public domain, apart from the odd, soon forgotten vague report, none of it had been ever covered in any depth, despite the implications being of major importance and changed the game at the top level forever.
I dug around for quite a while and eventually reported my findings on here.

During my research, I read through tons of stuff and visited many websites that held much deeper and far more serious horrors for our game. Focused on the G14 and distracted by the then current FFPRs, I made a mental note to return to some of these sites in the future and one in particular.; 'FOOTBALL IS FIXED'.

WARNING
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: FOOTBALL IS FIXED

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 03, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm braced - hit me John :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 03, 2017 1:00 pm

johnny crossan wrote:I'm braced - hit me John :(

But not too hard I pray ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john68 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 pm

The Football is Fixed website is a blog that claims to have proof and knowledge of specific match fixing scandals, perpetrated by specific persons and specific groups, some named, others not.
It claims to have insider knowledge of unusual betting patterns which it claims they track and which is used to alert its client base, in order that they may somehow defend themselves against match fixing.
1) It reports that during the 1990s, games in the Premier League became controlled via match fixing by triad based Chinese groups and that later, English groups also became massively involved.
2) It reports that at Premier League games, there are a number of factions all competing against each other to fix the result to suit their own particular agendas.
3) It reports that there are ties between multi global legal and illegal gambling entities, agents, clubs, club owners, managers, players and match officials, acting together to change the results of games.
4) It specifically names some agents, clubs, club owners, managers, a particular referee, whilst also implicated another named ex referee, what it names as pgMOB and gambling companies of being active over a number of years being involved.
5) It claims that the mainstream media are involved in their silence, and that a senior ex government minister as well as MPs of both major parties.
6) It identifies specific games and lists its Top 100 at many levels, including several ijn which City were one of the playing teams.
7) It reports a named agent, a named referee, tied to a domestic and ex international manager.
8) It reports how certain players from certain agencies were selected at international level and who and how they profited. Some players selected despite their poor playing records.
9) It reports how indebted clubs, throw games for financial gain.
10) it reports that Leicester City have a covert investor who made $billions from last years title winning season.
11) It reports how a named gambling company continues to take bets even when they have knowledge of unusual betting patterns and betting has been stopped by other companies.
12) It reports on named specific games which were fixed, who by and which named match official had control of these games.

When I did my digging on the G14, I did it on my own out of personal curiosity. If only a part of the above stuff clamed by this website is true, then our game is more than well and trully fucked.
There is far too much for me with limited time, limited resources and limited brain power to even contemplate digging round researching this. Any one who has anything to add is more than welcome but please take care how you word it or whom you may name untill the law of publishing stuff is clarified.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 pm

johnny crossan wrote:I'm braced - hit me John :(

Kinky!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby phips » Wed May 03, 2017 1:17 pm

i didn't know OriginalDub had his own blog. good for him.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john68 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:17 pm

The conclusion made about football by this website is that there are two realities.

One that we as the public take to be true, two teams vying against each other for a successful result in a reasonably fair contest, acted out in public on the pitch,. A reality which is cementeed into our culture and confirmed by our mainstream media.
A second reality or even the true reality that football is now a means for a myriad of corrupt factions to make huge profits from. One that has nothing to do with anything like our public reality.

A quote by Mervyn King when when applied to football is quite apt.
It's about standing in a New York park watching two old men playing chess against each other for $10 and the realisation that they are surrounded by an audience betting with $millions on the outcome.
john68

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 pm

There's quite a lot to sift through in there John and not all of it only pertaining to football.
They conclude that football is fucked.
What we are really looking at though is....the world is fucked.

There are some decent quotes in there that I liked;

"... when the authorities find it useful to tell the truth, it's because they can't find any better lies. Immediately this truth, coming from an official mouth, becomes a lie corroborated by facts" - Ian Birchall

The book claims: The Leicester City Fake Football Triumph is the biggest sports story of recent times. Although portrayed by the media as a fairy tale, it is in fact an affront to the integrity and validity of English soccer.

And doesn't offer much hope;
Baudrillard: “It is no longer a question of imitation, nor duplication, nor even parody. It is a question of substituting the signs of the real for the real… We are moving ever closer to high definition, in other words to the useless perfection of images. Which, by the same token, are no longer images, having been produced in real time… There lies the dilemma: either simulation is irreversible, there is no going beyond simulation, it is no longer even an event, it is our absolute banality, it is an everyday obscenity, we are in terminal nihilism, and are preparing ourselves for a mindless repetition of all the forms of our culture, waiting for an unpredictable event – but where would it come from?”.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:02 pm

Brian Tuohy: “Coincidence is really a rare commodity. When profit motive and market share become joined to what appear to be many unlikely outcomes, is the result really coincidental, or something else? Therein lies the fix.”

But the one factor that unites all parties in the criminalisation of global football is a complete absence of regulation. Trust us to police ourselves. But self-regulation is no regulation allowing a free playing field for the various tiers of psychopath to exploit the sport for proprietary profit.

The most astonishing aspect of matchfixing is that when we have seen that the government, the Bank of England, the BBC, the Murdochracy, the mainstream print media, investment banks, the police, retail banks, the ‘public’ utilities and many other sports are all corrupted, there is this religious belief that, somehow, top level football is not tainted. Football has taken over from religion – everybody is ‘Something FC ‘til I Die’.

And we don’t want our New Deity to be killed off just yet.

That must be a dig at those non-conspiracy theorist lunatics.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Nosing around, I found this

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/did-sky-sports-accidentally-reveal-todays-euro-2016-results-67115

I don't remember anything about it at the time, or any reports, but then I was on honeymoon in Sicily at the time.
I don't know zilch about the website either.

Anyone else remember it, or have any views on it?

Or is it just a spoof?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Phips and LookNige are self combusting right now " does not compute, does not compute"

Go back to telly tubby land ladies, wherever there's money, there's corruption
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 pm

patrickblue wrote:Nosing around, I found this

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/did-sky-sports-accidentally-reveal-todays-euro-2016-results-67115

I don't remember anything about it at the time, or any reports, but then I was on honeymoon in Sicily at the time.
I don't know zilch about the website either.

Anyone else remember it, or have any views on it?

Or is it just a spoof?

Did those results actually come in? Surely not?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Wed May 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Checking them, no they didn't.

Two were the correct result, but wrong scores, and Russia actually lost 2-1.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:Phips and LookNige are self combusting right now " does not compute, does not compute"

Go back to telly tubby land ladies, wherever there's money, there's corruption

Pmsl

Look Mum comes on , throws out a pile of shit and then ducks under his rock till next month.,,,,that's his cowardly way , doesn't stick around for any dispute.

Fucking coward
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Carl, none of them ever attempt to debate the topic. That's the difference between trolls and the rest of us. At least explain yourself, don't run away like Looknigel
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:42 pm

iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby littlebig » Wed May 03, 2017 3:56 pm

There's scullduggery going on in football, no doubt. As OD says, if there's money then there's corruption. It's the scale of the scullduggery that's the debate.

My own opinion is that there are defo match fixing issues, this has been seen time and time again. There is an agenda from Sky, as we've all seen. There's also the corporate corruption which David Gill is orchestrating. UEFA are bent as fuck too.

But a grand scheme of FA, referees under instruction and the whole world in cahoots just to keep little ol' City out of top tier to me is ridiculous. It would be impossible to keep a lid on considering all of the people involved.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby patrickblue » Wed May 03, 2017 4:12 pm

I reckon the FA/PGMOL carpet must be getting very lumpy with all the things that have been brushed under it!
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Hey...did we turn to shit cuz of poor refereeing? or match fixing? or money laundering? #illuminati #trumprussia

or....

Being super fucking wasteful in front of goal with the boring robot Pep style that he's fond of...which also many times offered no real defensive cover, and featured a suddenly supershit keeper? Add into that some fucking weirdo lineups and you might definitely have a conspiracy on your hands i suppose.

I wonder which scenario is more likely to actually happen? Hmmmm.....thinking...thinking....

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 03, 2017 4:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Hey...did we turn to shit cuz of poor refereeing? or match fixing? or money laundering? #illuminati #trumprussia

or....

Being super fucking wasteful in front of goal with the boring robot Pep style that he's fond of...which also many times offered no real defensive cover, and featured a suddenly supershit keeper? Add into that some fucking weirdo lineups and you might definitely have a conspiracy on your hands i suppose.

I wonder which scenario is more likely to actually happen? Hmmmm.....thinking...thinking....

cheers

Where in the devil have you been Doomie? All well?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum