is the derby dead?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

is the derby dead?!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:20 pm

a fucking passionless affair tonight
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: is the derby dead?!

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:25 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:a fucking passionless affair tonight

Strange , very strange!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:08 am

Seemed to me we were well up for the game.

Not sure who you are referring to.

Vinny played brilliantly. Yaya very very good, Fern1 very strong, Kola and Zaba good enough, KDB seemed into it and played some fantastic balls, Kun tried but just did not show enough class. Sterling had moments in the first half, but I can see why we will likely be looking to put him on the bench next season (not enough of an end product just yet). Otamendi was good as well (thank you Komps) and made some good tackles -- even the time he went to ground.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:05 am

PrezIke wrote:Seemed to me we were well up for the game.

Not sure who you are referring to.

Vinny played brilliantly. Yaya very very good, Fern1 very strong, Kola and Zaba good enough, KDB seemed into it and played some fantastic balls, Kun tried but just did not show enough class. Sterling had moments in the first half, but I can see why we will likely be looking to put him on the bench next season (not enough of an end product just yet). Otamendi was good as well (thank you Komps) and made some good tackles -- even the time he went to ground.

To play devils advocate on the other side it's a bore scoreless draw which both managers seemed happy with and no challenges worthy of a card until 85 mins gone.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:10 am

It takestwo teams to make a good game.
If one team is trying to win, whilst the rags are scared shitless of leaving the vicinity and safety of where they had parked their bus, inside their goalmouth, then we are always going to hard pushed to see a contest.

I wonder if Maureen will be so obsessed with keeping his unbeaten record into next season that 38 boring drawn games could see the twats relegated.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:40 am

Ridiculous assumption and thread , was rocking in the Etihad last night , tense but rocking . Rags are on the back foot and in massive decline rejoice and enjoy and stop being fucking negative !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:30 am

City64 wrote:

Ridiculous assumption and thread , was rocking in the Etihad last night , tense but rocking . Rags are on the back foot and in massive decline rejoice and enjoy and stop being fucking negative !

Agreed. Odd, but not suprising
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:42 am

Let's keep a close eye on how this future superstar's career goes... and remind him of his standing as he reaches each new level.

www.givemesport.com/1040576-manchester- ... utoplay=on
Original Dub

Postby Scatman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 am

Original Dub wrote:Let's keep a close eye on how this future superstar's career goes... and remind him of his standing as he reaches each new level.

http://www.givemesport.com/1040576-manc ... utoplay=on

I think he was referring to his brain
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Scatman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Let's keep a close eye on how this future superstar's career goes... and remind him of his standing as he reaches each new level.

No he was referring to City's half of the pitch for 85 minutes of the game!
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:13 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Scatman wrote:

:D
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:16 pm

I enjoyed it last night. Atmosphere was very good and we pushed all game. The Rags played the Maureen way....that's what he does well but no complaints from me about our passion or effort. When I was driving home last night the report was of an entertaining game with no goals. I got up this morning and the radio told me it was a bore draw and Aguero had incited a coming together of heads! It's all bollox, it was really enjoyable last night. Well done to the players too after a 120 minute game on Sunday.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:21 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Half? 7/8 ths them fuckers hardly left their box.
Couldnt give a shit what some nobody of a kid says.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:41 pm

As a spectacle for us, the derby IS DEAD.
As they often quoted to us some years ago. City are n longer their rivals. That is now true because we have overtaken them in almost every aspect of our club except commercial size.
Their nearest rivals are Liverpool. A once successful team that are no longer serious challengers for major honours,clinging to the memories of past glories, assisted by a media with an age old vested interest.
As I am happy to regularly inform rags and dippers......"There is little point in having the biggest penis years ago, if the you can't get a hard on now"
Sorta sums up both clubs.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Atmosphere sounded great and the players probed and probed the whole match.

Very unlucky not to win by a margin.
Original Dub

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:Atmosphere sounded great and the players probed and probed the whole match.

Very unlucky not to win by a margin.

Unlucky not to win? Perhaps.
Unlucky not to win by a margin? What!?!

We hardly created any clear chances apart from shots from outside of the box (and most of them hit row Z). I thought we played OK, but not good. The application was there, but our passing - especially in the first half - was unbelievably sloppy. Sterling and Sane were ineffectual and KdB couldn't produce his usual magic moment.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:40 pm

The Derby will NEVER be dead. Even if the rags were in the conference and we only played them in the FACup third round, I'd still want to smash them
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:16 pm

nottsblue wrote:The Derby will NEVER be dead. Even if the rags were in the conference and we only played them in the FACup third round, I'd still want to smash them

Absolutely.

Moreover, Scum fans are an infestation seemingly afflicting all walks of life and every single one I've ever met has the same bloated arrogance, married to an immutable conviction of their entitlement rule the roost over everyone else.

I've never had a decent footballing conversation with any of them and, to a one, there's never been an acceptance that, throughout their history they have only ever been more of a long ball outfit and never a pure footballing side.

Any chance we get to smash, humiliate and demolish their grotesque teams is the bare minimum for me. I hate them utterly and completely.....and that's just for starters. :evil: :evil:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The Derby will NEVER be dead. Even if the rags were in the conference and we only played them in the FACup third round, I'd still want to smash them

Absolutely.

Moreover, Scum fans are an infestation seemingly afflicting all walks of life and every single one I've ever met has the same bloated arrogance, married to an immutable conviction of their entitlement rule the roost over everyone else.

I've never had a decent footballing conversation with any of them and, to a one, there's never been an acceptance that, throughout their history they have only ever been more of a long ball outfit and never a pure footballing side.

Any chance we get to smash, humiliate and demolish their grotesque teams is the bare minimum for me. I hate them utterly and completely.....and that's just for starters. :evil: :evil:

Stop beating around the bush and get off the fence MC.
What do you really think of them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Absolutely.

You go from being diplomatic to the extreme and then to Mad Jack McMad who won the Mr madman competition.

Exactly like me from the board room to the outside world..........................its liberating isnt it !?!?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum