thanks joey

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: thanks joey

Postby Dameerto » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:14 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Bit harsh

Professional footballer bets on his own team, and football in general even after several well publicised prosecutions in the past few years. Then tries to claim special exemption for his own personal ethics. I have no sympathy for him.

What he's done is less corrupt than what the ref will do tomorrow - and he'll no doubt be gifted a cup-final for his exertions.

It's nothing to do with corruption, it's everything to do with stupidity, and maybe even a sense of entitlement and a feeling that he is above the rules.
He claims he has a gambling problem, so we have to take him at face value and I hope he gets help with it - he didn't need to bet on football to scratch his gambling itch though (especially after Demichellis was punished fairly recently for doing so), and the fact that he made maximum bets of £150 which are modest in the context of a Premier league footballer's income shows that he had a measure of control while he was betting.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:49 am

Joey is a pillock to himself but consider Paul Merson, drink, drugs and gambling, Merson was given help.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:46 am

john68 wrote:Joey is a pillock to himself but consider Paul Merson, drink, drugs and gambling, Merson was given help.

Kid in Thailand
Everton fan outside Goodison
Fight Outside McDonald's
Jamie Tandy
Ousamane Dabo
Tevez/Aguero/Kompany lunacy

And that's just the ones connected with City. Fuck him, he's had enough chances. I hope he dies alone in a cardboard box in a park somewhere.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 am

Slim wrote:
john68 wrote:Joey is a pillock to himself but consider Paul Merson, drink, drugs and gambling, Merson was given help.

Kid in Thailand
Fight Outside McDonald's
Jamie Tandy
Ousamane Dabo

And that's just the ones connected with City. Fuck him, he's had enough chances. I hope he dies alone in a cardboard box in a park somewhere.

Did he not do us all a favour with Dabo? The guy was stealing a living!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:48 am

Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:

Kid in Thailand
Fight Outside McDonald's
Jamie Tandy
Ousamane Dabo

Did he not do us all a favour with Dabo? The guy was stealing a living!

Yeah but he didn't do fuckall to Corradi, so he's inconsistent as well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 pm

Slim wrote:

Kid in Thailand
Fight Outside McDonald's
Jamie Tandy
Ousamane Dabo

I fully agree Slim, I was just comparing the reaction of the football authorities.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum