Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby Justified logic » Tue May 02, 2017 6:16 am

Tru_Blu wrote:All the opinions in the world you moaners have but yet to say who instead of Pep guarantees this fucking ridiculous expectation in 9 months

No chance that a different manager would have been put in place with the Spafia there and City all geared up (yet apparently mightily unprepared) for the World's Best Manager to arrive.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:01 am

Not sure anyone has said they want a different manager yet.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 02, 2017 7:22 am

london blue 2 wrote:Not sure anyone has said they want a different manager yet.

But surely you don't want him if he's tactically clueless? or a fraud? or a stubborn arrogant prick?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:15 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

But surely you don't want him if he's tactically clueless? or a fraud? or a stubborn arrogant prick?

I can't speak for others but he's here now. I wanted him here so I'm willing to give him the time he needs.

I am however allowed to question whether he's the world beater that he's been made out to be.

On the evidence so far he's not. I feel like we've been royally mugged off. But as always with stuff like this I'd love to be proved wrong.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 02, 2017 8:21 am

london blue 2 wrote:

I can't speak for others but he's here now. I wanted him here so I'm willing to give him the time he needs.

I am however allowed to question whether he's the world beater that he's been made out to be.

On the evidence so far he's not. I feel like we've been royally mugged off. But as always with stuff like this I'd love to be proved wrong.

Never suggested for one second, nor would I, anyone's right to question him. Some of the shit in here is absurd though, crap your hear from the likes of say Merson or Collymore.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 02, 2017 8:29 am

We have to admit that this year he fucked up. This was a bad year, if you have to compare. He did not win anything and might fail to qualify to the Champions League.

Do we want him gone? No. Are we retarded? Of course not, he needs to stay, but bare in mind the next season will be a very different kind of pressure on him and on us. Next year he needs to get his hand on two trophies and to do that, he will need to take out the stick from his arse and start to understand that if he wants to succed here, he need to reach a new level with his capability.

I agree he is trying to do wonders, but he is trying that with very limited players (on the back). He should had play it safe, always 4 on the back then try from there. Constant back 4 and I am prepare to bet that Stones would had been a really good transfer.

Regarding our transfers, I am worried that all of them, except Leroy and Jesus, looked really off. Beside that, he seems that he is not atracting player to our club as much as we hoped. We can judge him from day one, this is normal.

At the moment, he is under Pellegrini and I want to hope that the Count's previous season was not sacrified by our board to please the transfer policy of Pep.

PS: We lost just one league game with Willy this season. This facts is very important on the way we are looking at how the first year with Guardiola was.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Tue May 02, 2017 8:44 am

The hacks return their verdict
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby freshie » Tue May 02, 2017 10:22 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Pretty much sums up how I feel
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue May 02, 2017 11:05 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dimples wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:.. Spanish-style football don't work here pal! We've been at our most effective when we've been fast and direct. Thistippy-tappy, playing it sideways and then backwards when it reaches Clichy or Navas is killing us.

but that's Pep's USP, the only reason he's here is to promote his vision and methods in our primitive football wilderness.

Maybe he has looked at Spain's record compared to England's and decided that tippy-tappy is a better option?

Very very unfair to judge him this season.
[color=#40FF00]He is a visionary and needs time to implement his ideas.
[/color]Players know they are being moved on at the end of the season yet he has to rely to them to put in the effort?

Finally, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, 4th place would be in the bag now if the system was not corrupt.
Arsenal and the Rags would be nowhere near us.

So how about a bit of balance - you guys sound and act like a mob.

He may well be a visionary and, moreover, he might be the greatest manager ever to have lived.

However, the way things are going at the moment, it would feel nice just to have a competent, pragmatic personage at the helm and someone who can mould the players we have into an effective unit, playing in a style that suits them. I don't want to have to go on an extended, seemingly endless trek across arid, burning deserts in the hope that somewhere in the future, we might possibly reach our promised land.

I don't want to be regarded as being wilfully impatient but the way things have gone this season, give grounds for some degree of scepticism as to how well the next campaign will go.

Excellent post as always.

I love football visionaries: Valeri Lobanovski, Giovanni Trapattoni, Rinus Michels, Arrigo Sacchi and so on. However football is also pragmatic game. If it's not working, you got to change it. Look at the visionaries mentioned there. They all had some base system but were also reactive. In fact, what really made them visionaries was their ability to take notes and make changes. Pep on the other hand is extremely rigid with his system. Not only will he rarely if ever change the base system he will rarely be flexible with the philosophy according to opposition. And then he ask for completely unsuitable players to fit into his system.

This rigidity is actually the reason why I'm so worried about him. And to me that sort of rigidity is kind of opposite of being visionary. His system is more fancy and complicated than 4-4-2 wide that some English managers held onto u til it was completely outdated and go some extent Pep has hint of that stubborness about him.

In all fairness NQDP, this season has seen the team produce some very nice football and, at times, some absolutely magnificent play. However, the Bravo issue aside, if there was one thing I wish Pep would have re-appraised at a fairly early stage, it would have been with regard to the defensive aspect.

He can't be faulted for trying to play the high pressure, high intensity game that he wants - after all, that was part of his 'modus operandi' and part of the reason he was brought in, in the first place. However, when it became apparent that our ageing side weren't completely capable of operating this way throughout the full 90 minutes of a game and that our defenders didn't possess the attributes required of them in such a 'system', I just wish he would have modified his approach to take account of this, in the short term, until that time when he was able to bring in the players who he believed could play in this way.

On this basis, I just wish he would have 'allowed', if that's the best word to use, the side to defend a little deeper and not to be quite so overstretched when possession was lost and we were open and susceptible to the rapid counter-attack.

This wouldn't have unduly endangered the passing game he wishes to play and it wouldn't have ruled out the squad rotation he employs, especially for the back line, as the side would have had a way of playing in which they were at greater ease and one in which different players could be slotted in at various times.

However, it might have resulted in a marginally better defensive record overall and produced a few extra points which would have not seen us looking back over our shoulders, in danger of being overtaken by the Scum and falling out of the top four.

Just my own thoughts.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue May 02, 2017 11:23 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Never suggested for one second, nor would I, anyone's right to question him. Some of the shit in here is absurd though, crap your hear from the likes of say Merson or Collymore.

Name the ''shit'' that has been spilled here......give me examples of this so called shit.

All anyone has done is RIGHTFULLY question his bizarre set ups and question his struggling to get into a fuckign top 4 spot having spent over 150 million or so.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 02, 2017 11:51 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Name the ''shit'' that has been spilled here......give me examples of this so called shit.

All anyone has done is RIGHTFULLY question his bizarre set ups and question his struggling to get into a fuckign top 4 spot having spent over 150 million or so.

Are you telling me that he hasn't been called a fraud on here? Are you telling me that people haven't suggested he's tactically clueless?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Are you telling me that he hasn't been called a fraud on here? Are you telling me that people haven't suggested he's tactically clueless?

I don't think he is tactically clueless, but tactically weird. A bit chaotic and rigid.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 am

So you are saying he hasn't been tactically clueless?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue May 02, 2017 12:01 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Are you telling me that he hasn't been called a fraud on here? Are you telling me that people haven't suggested he's tactically clueless?

I don't think he is tactically clueless, but tactically weird. A bit chaotic and rigid.

Putting 2 wide players who cannot cross for shit and barely assist fuckall in the goal scoring deparment over 2 players that actually can...Id call that tactically clueless.

Cost us 2 points..and maybe..just maybe..4th spot.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 02, 2017 12:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Putting 2 wide players who cannot cross for shit and barely assist fuckall in the goal scoring deparment over 2 players that actually can...Id call that tactically clueless.

I get what he is trying to do, I do not get how is he doing that because he is making obvious mistakes that even Moyes could see.

Is his way or no way.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

No allowance whatsoever for tired legs following Thursday night's derby?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 02, 2017 12:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

it's his 'project' and he can do whatever he wants
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:27 pm

It's all a bit fucked and boring to be fair . Have we ever known a manager since Mark Hughes to get it tactically so wrong so often ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue May 02, 2017 12:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

No allowance whatsoever for tired legs following Thursday night's derby?

No..No allowances..there's barely any more games left of the season !!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue May 02, 2017 12:59 pm

City64 wrote:It's all a bit fucked and boring to be fair . Have we ever known a manager since Mark Hughes to get it tactically so wrong so often ???

This is all very disappointing.
I could've sworn you had that Hughes licker fiber in you.

You are going to have your heart broken. Your bezzie mate was biggest Hughes fan around and hated Mancini.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum