Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Who conceded the least goals in La Liga during Pep's time managing Barca?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
Wooders wrote:I was bang up for writing this season off from the start when I saw that certain members off the squad were not getting shipped out under the faith that a lot of the ageing players are gonna leave this summer and we would have a transfer window to revitalise the squad under PEPs vision - now however I am reading reports that navas is staying and is going to be filling a key position (right back) that we need to strengthen and my faith is wavering big time

What is black to us mere mortals is white to him. We expect a Goalkeeper to be good with his Hands. Guardiola is not that arsed about a keeper making saves. His philosophy is the opposition score 4, we will score 5,.He wants a Keeper to be good with his feet, rather than his hands. That is the reason he signed Bravo. I fully expect Bravo to be our Number 1 Keeper next season. I honestly don’t think he will get rid of him, His Ego won’t allow him to, Thank fuck he is injured otherwise Europa League would be a certain.

He plays Kolarov as a defender because he can ping a decent pass once in a Bluemoon, not because he can defend that well.

Why the fuck is he so obsessed with Navas. He finds opposition players 9 times out of 10 when crossing a Ball. He couldn’t find a blue shirt to cross to if his life depended on it. Yet I am hearing he wants to keep him as a utility player. What the fuck is that about really ?,Surely he should be one of the first out the door.

Who said this?

"The most important thing for keepers is to save the balls with their hands"

Human resourses

No, and it wasn't Human Resources either.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed May 03, 2017 3:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:This article by Marty Perarnau, which he supposedly collaborated with, is disturbing to say the least

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... rev=search

– Pep is not surprised that City’s season is ending trophyless and knew the first year would be difficult, with players adjusting to his tactics and system.

– The transition from the Pellegrini era to the Pep era was poor in terms of player acquisition, and City did not buy some of the players Guardiola wanted, including Leonardo Bonucci and Alex Sandro from Juventus.

– Pep’s feeling is that City has a squad lacking leadership, and Perarnau believes the team need more character, personality and courage to avoid situations like the collapse against Monaco in the Champions League.

– Before Pep arrived, there was a consensus that a cycle was over, one that started with Roberto Mancini and ended with Manuel Pellegrini. 14 players were over the age of 30 and many were injury prone, so City decided on a two-stage overhaul, with around six going last year, and the second stage to follow this summer.

– The injury to İlkay Gündogan had a big impact on City’s season, because Pep planned to turn the German midfielder into City’s version of Xavi at Barcelona and Thiago Alcántara at Bayern Munich.

– When Silva is injured, it always shows. Perarnau said that the feeling is when Silva is absent, the team “dies”.

– While he is adored by everyone at the club, Sergio Agüero has not become the dressing room leader City had hoped for, because of his personality type. There is a feeling that he hasn’t performed in decisive Champions League matches, such as the semi-final against Real Madrid.

– Agüero will most likely start next season as second choice to Gabriel Jesus, and will have to accept he is no longer an undisputed starter. City have not completely ruled out selling Kun, but only clubs in China could take on a contract like his.

– Manchester City are reviewing their high salaries because the current structure is making it very difficult for them to sell players. Pablo Zabaleta almost joined Roma, but the Serie A club could not match his salary and the deal collapsed. The likes of Samir Nasri, Joe Hart, Eliaquim Mangala and Wilfried Bony also had to be loaned out on big salaries.

– Willy Caballero could get a new contract because he responded so well when called into the side in place of the struggling Claudio Bravo.

– Nicolas Otamendi will almost certainly remain at the club next season, despite centre-back being one of City’s weaknesses this year. Guardiola has noted an improvement in Otamendi’s passing this season.

– Five or six new signings will arrive in the summer and Guardiola has learned that in the Premier League, he needs a bigger squad than he usually prefers due to the competitive nature.

– Guardiola’s priority this summer is to sign two or three full-backs and solve City’s biggest problem area.

– Guardiola has not ruled out signing a central defender or a striker (Alexis Sanchez is his preferred choice).
I thought Guardiola thought English Football was shit,overrated. Spanish football is far more superior. He quickly changed his tune

Saying that,he had no choice having spent a season struggling against Top 6, being out thought, and out fought by mediocre managers, and bang average teams.

Also Wasn't it his best mate Burgerstain that was responsible for those ridiculous contracts for Nasri,Mangala,Bony,. Wasn't it also his best mate Burgerstain that wilfully neglected to acquire the right players over the last 3 seasons in preparation for his arrival ?. Here is me thinking his appointment as DOF was supposed to be the beginning of a new business model. Home grown youth, self sufficient, organic. Apparently not.

Reading between the lines. It looks like Otamendi, Navas, Bravo, will all be staying whilst we force Kun out the Door.

Remember the bald football Oracle spent £170,000 000 to struggle,and we still might not finish Top 4 this season. And he looks likely to spend another £200,000 000 at the end of this season on the best players he can acquire for our next campaign.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 03, 2017 3:19 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:This article by Marty Perarnau, which he supposedly collaborated with, is disturbing to say the least

– Pep is not surprised that City’s season is ending trophyless and knew the first year would be difficult, with players adjusting to his tactics and system.

– The transition from the Pellegrini era to the Pep era was poor in terms of player acquisition, and City did not buy some of the players Guardiola wanted, including Leonardo Bonucci and Alex Sandro from Juventus.

– Pep’s feeling is that City has a squad lacking leadership, and Perarnau believes the team need more character, personality and courage to avoid situations like the collapse against Monaco in the Champions League.

– Before Pep arrived, there was a consensus that a cycle was over, one that started with Roberto Mancini and ended with Manuel Pellegrini. 14 players were over the age of 30 and many were injury prone, so City decided on a two-stage overhaul, with around six going last year, and the second stage to follow this summer.

– The injury to İlkay Gündogan had a big impact on City’s season, because Pep planned to turn the German midfielder into City’s version of Xavi at Barcelona and Thiago Alcántara at Bayern Munich.

– When Silva is injured, it always shows. Perarnau said that the feeling is when Silva is absent, the team “dies”.

– While he is adored by everyone at the club, Sergio Agüero has not become the dressing room leader City had hoped for, because of his personality type. There is a feeling that he hasn’t performed in decisive Champions League matches, such as the semi-final against Real Madrid.

– Agüero will most likely start next season as second choice to Gabriel Jesus, and will have to accept he is no longer an undisputed starter. City have not completely ruled out selling Kun, but only clubs in China could take on a contract like his.

– Manchester City are reviewing their high salaries because the current structure is making it very difficult for them to sell players. Pablo Zabaleta almost joined Roma, but the Serie A club could not match his salary and the deal collapsed. The likes of Samir Nasri, Joe Hart, Eliaquim Mangala and Wilfried Bony also had to be loaned out on big salaries.

– Willy Caballero could get a new contract because he responded so well when called into the side in place of the struggling Claudio Bravo.

– Nicolas Otamendi will almost certainly remain at the club next season, despite centre-back being one of City’s weaknesses this year. Guardiola has noted an improvement in Otamendi’s passing this season.

– Five or six new signings will arrive in the summer and Guardiola has learned that in the Premier League, he needs a bigger squad than he usually prefers due to the competitive nature.

– Guardiola’s priority this summer is to sign two or three full-backs and solve City’s biggest problem area.

– Guardiola has not ruled out signing a central defender or a striker (Alexis Sanchez is his preferred choice).
I thought Guardiola thought English Football was shit,overrated. Spanish football is far more superior. He quickly changed his tune

Saying that,he had no choice having spent a season struggling against Top 6, being out thought, and out fought by mediocre managers, and bang average teams.

Also Wasn't it his best mate Burgerstain that was responsible for those ridiculous contracts for Nasri,Mangala,Bony,. Wasn't it also his best mate Burgerstain that wilfully neglected to acquire the right players over the last 3 seasons in preparation for his arrival ?. Here is me thinking his appointment as DOF was supposed to be the beginning of a new business model. Home grown youth, self sufficient, organic. Apparently not.

Reading between the lines. It looks like Otamendi, Navas, Bravo, will all be staying whilst we force Kun out the Door.

Remember the bald football Oracle spent £170,000 000 to struggle,and we still might not finish Top 4 this season. And he looks likely to spend another £200,000 000 at the end of this season on the best players he can acquire for our next campaign.

When did he say that about English football? Have you any quotes?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed May 03, 2017 3:40 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Wooders wrote:I was bang up for writing this season off from the start when I saw that certain members off the squad were not getting shipped out under the faith that a lot of the ageing players are gonna leave this summer and we would have a transfer window to revitalise the squad under PEPs vision - now however I am reading reports that navas is staying and is going to be filling a key position (right back) that we need to strengthen and my faith is wavering big time

What is black to us mere mortals is white to him. We expect a Goalkeeper to be good with his Hands. Guardiola is not that arsed about a keeper making saves. His philosophy is the opposition score 4, we will score 5,.He wants a Keeper to be good with his feet, rather than his hands. That is the reason he signed Bravo. I fully expect Bravo to be our Number 1 Keeper next season. I honestly don’t think he will get rid of him, His Ego won’t allow him to, Thank fuck he is injured otherwise Europa League would be a certain.

He plays Kolarov as a defender because he can ping a decent pass once in a Bluemoon, not because he can defend that well.

Why the fuck is he so obsessed with Navas. He finds opposition players 9 times out of 10 when crossing a Ball. He couldn’t find a blue shirt to cross to if his life depended on it. Yet I am hearing he wants to keep him as a utility player. What the fuck is that about really ?,Surely he should be one of the first out the door.

Who said this?

"The most important thing for keepers is to save the balls with their hands"
Guardiola teams have always been notoriously bad at defending.

It is not really a problem, when you have a peak Messi,Inesta,Xavi etc in your side. You retain possession of the football as though it belonged to you. No need to pay special attention to the basics of defending, when you can simply out score all the opposition.

Guardiola football philosophy is always to out score the opposition. Every aspect of a Guardiola side is geared towards attack. Players rarely if ever practice tackling. It is all about retaining possession of the Ball and quick attacking moves.

Joe Hart is a much better keeper than Bravo with his hands. That really is beyond doubt

Guardiola believed Bravo was better distributing the Ball with his feet than Hart was.

40,000 + Blues think a Keeper being good with his Hands, is more beneficial to the team than a Keeper being good with his feet

Guardiola obviously believed Bravo distribution would earn us more points over a season than Hart regularly saving a Football.

I am not trying to be smart mate, it is a fact. He rated Bravo Feet more than Joe saves. This is why we are struggling for top 4 and Bravo, has broken all sorts of Premiership records for Goals conceded from first shot on goal.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed May 03, 2017 3:41 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:

When did he say that about English football? Have you any quotes?
why are you so defensive ?.Do a bit of Googling

"Guardiola was defiant in refuting claims the Premier League is so much more intense than its European counterparts.

The ex-Bayern Munich boss also said leagues across the continent deserve more respect, and levelled criticism at English football’s packed schedule.

‘I hear a lot of times about the intensity of the Premier League when none of you have been in La Liga or the Bundesliga to know how it is,’ Guardiola said"

Admittedly not word for word but you get the jist of it..
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Wed May 03, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Back up the shit you're talking with some facts Zabbadabadoo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed May 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Back up the shit you're talking with some facts Zabbadabadoo.
Shit ?Google you lazy tw*t.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Yeah, the jist of it is stop disrespecting other leagues, they are just as intense.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Did you ever consider handing your cv into any of the tabloids? You should, you'd fit in well.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed May 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Yeah, the jist of it is stop disrespecting other leagues, they are just as intense.
You a Pep mind reader ?

That’s your your interpretation of what he is saying. We can all do that Pal.

Go and lie down with a picture of Pep for a bit :D :D :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed May 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Did you ever consider handing your cv into any of the tabloids? You should, you'd fit in well.
Its a fucking Footy forum.You dont want to read my shit,then fuck off and read something else you tit.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed May 03, 2017 3:53 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Yeah, the jist of it is stop disrespecting other leagues, they are just as intense.
You a Pep mind reader ?

That’s your your interpretation of what he is saying. We can all do that Pal.

My opinion is he was putting the Premier League down,Thats my opinion,deal with it..

Go and lie down with a picture of Pep for a bit :D :D :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 03, 2017 3:55 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Did you ever consider handing your cv into any of the tabloids? You should, you'd fit in well.
Its a fucking Footy forum.You dont want to read my shit,then fuck off and read something else you tit.

When did I say I didn't want to read it?

You want to just spout your shit and have no one challenge it?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed May 03, 2017 4:05 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:

It is only my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Many will agree with it, just as many wont.

I am sorry it upsets you so much.

You start accusing posters of writing shit,then backs automatically go up.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 03, 2017 5:08 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:

I've never known a poster to ask more questions than him --- he questions everything when there's google for all and sundry .

He has to understand that this is a forum and not a fucking court of law
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:

I've never known a poster to ask more questions than him --- he questions everything when there's google for all and sundry .

He has to understand that this is a forum and not a fucking court of law

Can you prove it's not a court of law, you suntanned prick?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 03, 2017 6:20 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can you prove it's not a court of law, you suntanned prick?

cheers

Ha, changing your name back now, ironic dig at what's going here on the board and at club?

Welcome back BTW...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 03, 2017 6:34 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can you prove it's not a court of law, you suntanned prick?

cheers

Ha, changing your name back now, ironic dig at what's going here on the board and at club?

Welcome back BTW...

Lol - the bald cunt has been missed.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 03, 2017 6:36 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Welcome back BTW...

Bacon Tomato & Watercress?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum