bravo - the worst city player ever?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

bravo - the worst city player ever?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 am

we've have some dross play for us down the years but, given who he replaced, what we paid for him and his weekly wage, clownio takes the fucking biscuit as the worst city player in our history.
a keeper that can't keep.
he is beyond fucking shit.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: bravo - the worst city player ever?

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:29 am

Worst value maybe, although the likes of Bridge, Mills, Mangala & many the therapy has made me forget would have a claim. But not even close to worst player.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:34 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Worst value maybe, although the likes of Bridge, Mills, Mangala & many the therapy has made me forget would have a claim. But not even close to worst player.

You spelled Otamendi wrong.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby littlebig » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:40 am

Unhelpful thread
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:47 am

Jo was more expensive and scored one league goal as a forward.

Talk about value, Vuoso didn't even make an appearance!
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:48 am

littlebig wrote:Unhelpful thread

Don't worry, if Claudio is scouting online I imagine he'd probably miss this thread.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby MUS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:07 am

I haven't seen the goal yet but it's unforgivable for him to make yet another error that leads to a goal. Worst signing we've made as he's cost us many points this season.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:11 am

MUS wrote:I haven't seen the goal yet but it's unforgivable for him to make yet another error that leads to a goal. Worst signing we've made as he's cost us many points this season.

Not a particularly hard shot deflected off Stones 2 yards in front of him. He should save it but it's not an error, in fact he's made fuck all errors, he just hasn't been very good at saving.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby freshie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
MUS wrote:I haven't seen the goal yet but it's unforgivable for him to make yet another error that leads to a goal. Worst signing we've made as he's cost us many points this season.

Not a particularly hard shot deflected off Stones 2 yards in front of him. He should save it but it's not an error, in fact he's made fuck all errors, he just hasn't been very good at saving.

I'd say letting in simple shots that most keepers in the league would save count as errors. Major ones
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:49 pm

freshie wrote:

I'd say letting in simple shots that most keepers in the league would save count as errors. Major ones

I wouldn't, particularly not when he's unsighted until the last moment when Stones flicks it by him. Poor keeping rather than error.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby freshie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:36 pm

freshie wrote:

I wouldn't, particularly not when he's unsighted until the last moment when Stones flicks it by him. Poor keeping rather than error.

I wasn't talking specifically about yesterday but about all of the shots he has faced. And when you're a goalkeeper and you fail to make saves (the fundamental part of your job) then that is an error. What else do you call it? And please let's not get into an argument about semantics
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Shipping of Hart for the Clown Bravo was a mistake of epic proportions.

He really is fucking useless.

A static Traffic Cone in the middle of goal would have a better saves + Goal ratio. I also can’t get rid of a niggling suspicion he may actually be stitching us up such are the poorness of his attempts at saving.

Don’t understand Guardiola thinking putting him back in net.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:42 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Shipping of Hart for the Clown Bravo was a mistake of epic proportions.

He really is fucking useless.

A static Traffic Cone in the middle of goal would have a better saves + Goal ratio. I also can’t get rid of a niggling suspicion he may actually be stitching us up such are the poorness of his attempts at saving.

Don’t understand Guardiola thinking putting him back in net.

I think he wanted to give him an 'easy' game before the arsenal game.

And considering I'm going to the semi, that doesn't please me
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MUS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:43 pm

freshie wrote:
freshie wrote:

I wasn't talking specifically about yesterday but about all of the shots he has faced. And when you're a goalkeeper and you fail to make saves (the fundamental part of your job) then that is an error. What else do you call it? And please let's not get into an argument about semantics

I just saw it and it's a blatant error. For a keeper that's supposed to be good with his feet he should have been able to block it with his left foot but he instead made shuffled to his right and attempted a weak block with his palm. Even I could have saved that. I'm sure he's decent but somethings in his head this season and he's just not focused or prepared for the easiest shots.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 pm

not even close to our worst player ever.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:not even close to our worst player ever.

Indeed - we've come so far. Bravo would probably better as an outfield player than some of what we had on our books 15-20 years ago.

I have the same feeling of people on here are having rediculously short memories and being very picky when it comes to Navas too. He's actually a very good footballer with quite a few caps for one of the best national teams over the last ten years. He would have been a top player for us before the take over.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:18 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Indeed - we've come so far. Bravo would probably better as an outfield player than some of what we had on our books 15-20 years ago.

I have the same feeling of people on here are having rediculously short memories and being very picky when it comes to Navas too. He's actually a very good footballer with quite a few caps for one of the best national teams over the last ten years. He would have been a top player for us before the take over.

of course we've had worse players but they weren't on £150k/week or replacing a player that was at the top of his game.

bravo is the worst player city ever when you consider all the circumstances surrounding his move.

john burridge would be better - even at 65!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Ok. Name a worse one.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:45 pm

He captains his country and has over 100 caps. Won trophies at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Hasn't performed anywhere close to the best of his ability for us so far that's for sure. But the worst ever player? He hasn't been the worse this season, let alone in the 120 odd years we've been going.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby freshie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Ok. Name a worse one.

Gerry Creaney

Ged Brannan
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum