New Jersey Thread?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Jersey Thread?

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i like this one...
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/12/m ... t.html?m=1

I actually like it unironically. Don't mind the purple at all. Much better than the recent garbage man yellow/orange ones.

Not much to the home shirt, but it's sky blue, so it will do. Would prefer white pants, but FIFA/UEFA have been pushing monochrome kits pretty hard, so won't get my hopes up.

Obviuously I won't buy either, so I don't care about quality or price, but I reckon it will look alright on the telly, worn by actual footballers.

What's this about?

Apart from City who else have changed their colours like that? (Who isn't a under contract with Nike)

Mostly national teams (England and Germany all white, France and Italy all blue, Argentina white shorts, Spain all red, etc.) on account of FIFA's guidelines, but it wouldn't surprise me if it starts creeping into club football (or already did).

Why?
Is there a logical rationale behind this.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: New Jersey Thread?

Postby fangsanalsatan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:15 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i like this one...
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/12/m ... t.html?m=1

I actually like it unironically. Don't mind the purple at all. Much better than the recent garbage man yellow/orange ones.

Not much to the home shirt, but it's sky blue, so it will do. Would prefer white pants, but FIFA/UEFA have been pushing monochrome kits pretty hard, so won't get my hopes up.

Obviuously I won't buy either, so I don't care about quality or price, but I reckon it will look alright on the telly, worn by actual footballers.

What's this about?

Apart from City who else have changed their colours like that? (Who isn't a under contract with Nike)

Mostly national teams (England and Germany all white, France and Italy all blue, Argentina white shorts, Spain all red, etc.) on account of FIFA's guidelines, but it wouldn't surprise me if it starts creeping into club football (or already did).

Why?
Is there a logical rationale behind this.

Rule 2, section 35 of the World Cup 2014 regulations states: “Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (i.e. strips). One predominately dark and one predominately light for its official and reserve kit.”

FIFA believe lights v darks help the referee clarify tussles, lunges, tackles and deflections. They don’t ask teams to wear one colour, but adidas, as an official partner of the governing body, followed the rule closely. Hence Germany resembling Leeds and Spain doing their Bayern Munich impression.

Not sure how sensible it is, but that is the official reason in any case.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum