As things stand today......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

As it stands today this season has been

A huge fucking let down
12%
A little bit shit
48%
What I expected, pep needs time
23%
No problem, I can see the improvement
12%
Good
5%

Total votes : 66

Re: As things stand today......

Postby Dimples » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Next season is the time to judge Pep.

The signs are good.
Our weakest area defence he tried to address last summer but could not get the players signed.
Midfield Gundo got injured.
Attack he will sort out this summer. Kun will go and we will get a replacement who fits the system.

Despite all these issues the only reason we are not breathing down Chelsea's neck is CORRUPTION.

For certain that will be dealt with before next season starts - by the owners.

I back us to be fantastic next season.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Dimples wrote:Next season is the time to judge Pep.

The signs are good.
Our weakest area defence he tried to address last summer but could not get the players signed.
Midfield Gundo got injured.
Attack he will sort out this summer. Kun will go and we will get a replacement who fits the system.

Despite all these issues the only reason we are not breathing down Chelsea's neck is CORRUPTION.

For certain that will be dealt with before next season starts - by the owners.

I back us to be fantastic next season.

Gundo was never and isn't the answer in midfield. Yaya needs replacing urgently and Silva will do soon. The likes of Ilkay are nowhere near.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 pm

i thought jesus was a good healer ? where is he ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Pretty much as I expected with more or less the same team as last year.

A curate's egg. Good in parts. It's frustrating that we seem to be almost there even against the likes of Chelsea and Spuds.
We're capable of playing a team off the park and coming away with nothing. This is down to a number of things lacking within the current squad, but also I think the level of anti-City bias/agenda/down right corruption, caught Pep off guard.

I don't know why it should have been such a surprise to him.

Anyway, he's on a steep learning curve which I expected. I still don't think we'll win anything this year. We have to secure top 3 though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:34 pm

I thought Pep would struggle this season and that we would win a cup at the most, so I'm not surprised about how things are going. Can't help feeling it's a bit shit, though. I'm a born pessimist/realist, but somewhere deep down I had hoped Pep would be the ingenious wizard/saviour some had made him out to be.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Pretty much as I expected with more or less the same team as last year.

A curate's egg. Good in parts. It's frustrating that we seem to be almost there even against the likes of Chelsea and Spuds.
We're capable of playing a team off the park and coming away with nothing. This is down to a number of things lacking within the current squad, but also I think the level of anti-City bias/agenda/down right corruption, caught Pep off guard.

I don't know why it should have been such a surprise to him.

Anyway, he's on a steep learning curve which I expected. I still don't think we'll win anything this year. We have to secure top 3 though.

Because he's so far up his own arse, he's deaf to what anyone outside his own little entourage says?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:25 pm

It's a bit shit....

As I've stated before, I'm no fan of chumps league but that was the key reason pep got brought in wasn't it? So for us to not progress to at least quarter finals is a bit more than a bit shit.

I like what I've seen from most of the signings (I DO NOT include bravo in this), Jesus and Sane clearly, I think gundogan is OK squad player, nolito did show something early but without a run now just looks lost.

Chelski would seriously have to fuck up not to take the league, conte has done well with them but lucky in that he could slip into the country unnoticed due to media circus camping out at ours, anfeild and the swamp.

The officials this season have blatantly upped the ante against us which pisses me off more week by week

We must beat the dippers tomorrow otherwise I can see the players heads staying down for what is left of the season and do an arsenal
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:38 pm

I sometimes think that the role of a manager is over rated. If you don't have the players then you can't win stuff. Leicester are the rare/only exception. On that basis I didn't expect too much. I think the signings from the last couple of years have been poor on the whole. I'm never confident when we play the better sides. The next 3 games could leave us struggling for top 4. I thought we were brilliant a couple of years ago......heading towards domestic and even European dominance. But, with that back 5 we have fallen well short. I don't blame Pep but I wish Txiki would fuck off.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Every New Manager needs a bit of time , even the best one in the world.

Write this season off and let him get ready for next year.

Let the Media panic , did not expect much else with the state of the squad we have.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:33 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Every New Manager needs a bit of time , even the best one in the world.

Let the Media panic , did not expect much else with the state of the squad we have.

Really?

Tell that to Conte
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:47 pm

So you think he inherited a better back four???
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:05 pm

zuricity wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:Every New Manager needs a bit of time , even the best one in the world.

Really?

Tell that to Conte

And the fact that Pep has had years to plan coming to City. People using the 'judge him next season' card are talking bollox!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby freshie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ive slagged him off but since have found out that he actually wanted 7 signings which he DID NOT get during the summer ,so basically its that fucking spanish cunt that needs to go do one ffs !!!!

Ill write off this season based on this new info that has come to light as LONG AS he gets us in 3rd spot and a decent run to the final in the FA cup...he doesn't even need to win it ( how can he with the fucking spastics he has available in defense!!)

I like PEP and I think he will eventually do the job he was brought in to do.......as far as this season is concerned -
well its been typical City imo.....gave us a hard on but we end up wanking instead of fucking.

Can you shed any more light on this? Who are these 7 signings and what is your source?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 pm

freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ive slagged him off but since have found out that he actually wanted 7 signings which he DID NOT get during the summer ,so basically its that fucking spanish cunt that needs to go do one ffs !!!!

Ill write off this season based on this new info that has come to light as LONG AS he gets us in 3rd spot and a decent run to the final in the FA cup...he doesn't even need to win it ( how can he with the fucking spastics he has available in defense!!)

I like PEP and I think he will eventually do the job he was brought in to do.......as far as this season is concerned -
well its been typical City imo.....gave us a hard on but we end up wanking instead of fucking.

Can you shed any more light on this? Who are these 7 signings and what is your source?

It was on newsnow mate , apparently he asked for seven signings last summer but they wanted to spread it over 2 summer windows..........if its true , and I see no reason why not , then Im all for letting PeP have this shit season as a bye..as long as he finishes off in at least 3rd spot and we get to the final of the FA.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:26 pm

I've heard talk that he's got an agreement with Bayern not to sign anybody in his first season with us, but he can buy who he likes this summer.

No idea if it's true but hummels and neaur would be nice.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 am

Main thing for me is I haven't really enjoyed a single home game. That's what it feels like anyway. Nothing to do with results, it's just been a turgid experience and making me question whether it's worth forking out on a seasoncard again.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:I've heard talk that he's got an agreement with Bayern not to sign anybody in his first season with us, but he can buy who he likes this summer.

No idea if it's true but hummels and neaur would be nice.

On the signs as you enter the Bundesland Bayern.

They read "Freistaat Bayern". .... The free state of Bayern.

No other state in Germany does this.

They think they are above the rest.

Pep will have no arrangement to take players or not take them. They don't do that at Bayern.

It's a bullshit assertion. No way is Neuer leaving Bayern in his prime, or will be allowed to.
These are just silly things people say about Peps power.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:46 am

Never expected much from this season. WE DO NOT HAVE THE PERSONNEL PARTICULARLY IN DEFENCE TO MOUNT A SERIOUS CHALLENGE.

When he gets the players he needs then we judge.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Main thing for me is I haven't really enjoyed a single home game. That's what it feels like anyway. Nothing to do with results, it's just been a turgid experience and making me question whether it's worth forking out on a seasoncard again.

This is 100% where I'm at. I literally haven't enjoyed a home match this season. Arsenal was OK, but it wasn't amazing.

I was going to make a day of it today, have a few 64's on the way the train station and go Mary D's beforehand but I just literally can't be bother and I'm going to drive.

All these teams come to Eastlands and park 12 men behind the ball and we're still fuckin around with it at the back giving them chances!! It's not what I want to see and as FD said it's not enjoyable.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:51 am

This thread is like a fucking wake but without the alcohol.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum