[POLL] The Greatest Ever?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Is Colin the King a prince now?

Aguero
7%
Kompany
2%
Silva
54%
Yaya
13%
Kolarov
3%
It's still Colin the King
20%
Other
2%

Total votes : 61

Re: [POLL] The Greatest Ever?

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:25 pm

I think Silva is the only one who really matches Colin, not only in impact and skill, but also as a man, in his humility and team ethic. Yaya and his agent's mouths have undermined his claim. Aguero is a superb striker but often contributes little. If Kompany was fit more often he would be a challenger. Kolarov is Kolarov.

If big Dave scored a few more goals I would give it to him, but as it is I'm sticking with Colin.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Slim wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Slim wrote:I had another idea for a poll on which non-City premier league player you'd most want to have played for City.

Obviously the likes of Henry or LeTissier were two of my all time favourites, but my pick would have been Fatty Lampard and then the cunt went and played for us. Well, fuck that idea now.

Do you mean at that time or that they could play for us now? Le Tiss in our side would be unreal

I was just thinking of which player would you liked to have seen in a City shirt during their heyday? hayday? heiday? Trump?...eh, you know what I mean.

But who would improve this side? Jesus that'd be a short list stacked with fullbacks.

Hate to say it but Roy Keane would improve us now 100%
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:38 pm

Slim wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Slim wrote:I had another idea for a poll on which non-City premier league player you'd most want to have played for City.

Obviously the likes of Henry or LeTissier were two of my all time favourites, but my pick would have been Fatty Lampard and then the cunt went and played for us. Well, fuck that idea now.

Do you mean at that time or that they could play for us now? Le Tiss in our side would be unreal

I was just thinking of which player would you liked to have seen in a City shirt during their heyday? hayday? heiday? Trump?...eh, you know what I mean.

But who would improve this side? Jesus that'd be a short list stacked with fullbacks.

Pains me to say it but Schmeical in his rag days. Best goalkeeper in the PL era. Or failing that cos he is a rag, (I know we had him but needs must at the time), Peter Cech circa 2005/6
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Most of them are going to be begrudging admissions. John Terry and Weo would improve our side at the moment. So would ratboy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:55 pm

Slim wrote:Most of them are going to be begrudging admissions. John Terry and Weo would improve our side at the moment. So would ratboy.

Ashley Cole at left back would leave Clichy for dead
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby budfox » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Colin Bell was a little before my time, but my Dad (also called Colin and no longer with us) rated Bell as one of the best he saw in 60 years of watching the game.

So he gets my vote because I miss my Dad and he knew his football.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:17 pm

Zola
Bergkamp
Makelele or Essien

Loads of others that you would probably hate to admit but no Rags to be honest.

Actually maybe Denis Irwin if we're going with Ashley Cole on the other side.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby freshie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Bergkamp. Wonderfully gifted player who would have been a fan favourite for us
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:49 pm

freshie wrote:

Bergkamp. Wonderfully gifted player who would have been a fan favourite for us

One of the true greats in the Premier League era, definitely would replace De Bruyne IMO.

Also, budfox...great post and can totally respect that. I knew Silva would get the majority as most of us weren't lucky enough to see Colin Bell, but I think we can safely say that out of the people who saw both that Bell is still getting the majority of the votes.

As a point cause I haven't mentioned it, I went for Yaya. I can't overstate how important he has been for us over the course of his City career, he dragged us to the first title, scored 20 league goals in our second title win. Scored in the FA Cup and League Cup finals and scored the winning pen in the second LC final. He is the very definition of a big time Charlie and I feel 10x more confident in the team when he is in the deep playmaker role.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:03 am

Past players who would improve us now....
Neville Southall.
Tony Adams.
Ashley Cole.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:42 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I wonder who Ted would vote for. I'm sure he wanted to get rid of Silva.

I was just about ready to fight half the forum when that thread was going, something about selling him (if it's the same thread I'm thinking of).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby phips » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:54 am

that one season Yaya had was unbelievable.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:59 am

Good question!

For me Yaya has been the one to always deliver in the big moments:
- FA Cup Semi Final 2011
- FA Cup Final 2011
- Newcastle away 2012
- League Cup Final 2014
- 20+ goals in 2013/14
- League Cup Final 2016

He has delivered in every big moment we've enjoyed in recent years. That's a phenomenal achievement.

The only thing which potentially holds him back from the 'greatest ever' tag is all of the off-field antics. Should we have had to put up with so much crap from our 'greatest ever'? But it's hard to argue with what he's done for us on the pitch.

Silva has achieved everything at club and country level and is widely-regarded as one of the best in the world in his position. Furthermore, he's never caused any problems and has only been a role model and great ambassador for the club. The lack of goals is the only downside to his game, but as mentioned in other posts, when he's on song, the whole team plays well and everything flows through him.

It's a tough call!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:46 am

Out of that list, and given my age, it's got to be Silva. The man has purred since the minute we signed him. Aguero and komps let down purely by injury.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby aristation » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:17 pm

On his day the best player for me is Yaya (and I am old enough to remember the King) but he has been inconsistent so for contribution over an extended period I struggle between the King and David but in the end(probably based on nostalgia) I went for Colin
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum