Big Willy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Big Willy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Just seen a goalkeeping statistic about City :- by all accounts, the last five Champions League penalties that have been awarded against us, have all been saved (three by Joe Hart and two by Caballero.

Don't know if that says something about our 'keepers, or something entirely different about our defence ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 pm

sheblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Everyone loves a big willy

Not everyone, ask sheblue.....

LOL lol.......I ain't that way inclined.....lol

Had to be done (given your "not for me"), just playing on words in the thread, no offence meant :lol: :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Good to see him atoning for his fuck up for their equaliser. Haven't seen a replay yet but it looked a very weak pen from Falcao?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:55 pm

I used to think he was dirt when he first came. But I'll have a big Willy any day of the week now!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Mase wrote:I used to think he was dirt when he first came. But I'll have a big Willy any day of the week now!

Best run that not only by Kolarov but also your new wife.....who said marriage wasn't complicated?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dameerto » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:I used to think he was dirt when he first came. But I'll have a big Willy any day of the week now!

Best run that not only by Kolarov but also your new wife.....who said marriage wasn't complicated?

Not as complicated as hetrosexual UK civil partnerships, apparently.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Good to see him atoning for his fuck up for their equaliser. Haven't seen a replay yet but it looked a very weak pen from Falcao?

To be fair there seems to be an absolute Pep ban on kicking the ball long first half, however much we are pressed. Exactly the same as the Barca game, the last half hour they kicked the ball long and the oppos were all shagged out.

I'd like to think it was a master plan. Trouble is we might not cut out the mistakes for another year or so!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:45 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Good to see him atoning for his fuck up for their equaliser. Haven't seen a replay yet but it looked a very weak pen from Falcao?

To be fair there seems to be an absolute Pep ban on kicking the ball long first half, however much we are pressed. Exactly the same as the Barca game, the last half hour they kicked the ball long and the oppos were all shagged out.

I'd like to think it was a master plan. Trouble is we might not cut out the mistakes for another year or so!

13 Starts for Willy in every competition this year, only one defeat (filth in League Cup). 100 % win stats in the league.

If anyone wonders where we lost the league.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 pm

john@staustell wrote:

The tactic isn't to blame, the execution of it was, I believe Caballero has held his hands up for accepting responsibility for their first, rightly so and good on him for it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:03 pm

PeterParker wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

13 Starts for Willy in every competition this year, only one defeat (filth in League Cup). 100 % win stats in the league.

Anyone wonders, hmmmm, perhaps DeBruyne missing an open goal against Chelsea, perhaps his open goal miss against Boro, perhaps Aguero's finishing being awful for spells this season, perhaps Anthony Taylor robbing us, perhaps Sterling not being awarded penalties when he should, perhaps not taking our chances more, perhaps playing three at the back at Leicester etc.

But no, it's all on Bravo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Anyone wonders, hmmmm, perhaps DeBruyne missing an open goal against Chelsea, perhaps his open goal miss against Boro, perhaps Aguero's finishing being awful for spells this season, perhaps Anthony Taylor robbing us, perhaps Sterling not being awarded penalties when he should, perhaps not taking our chances more, perhaps playing three at the back at Leicester etc.

It is not all Bravo.

It is 60 % Bravo - 40 % bent decisions.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:07 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

It is not all Bravo.

It is 60 % Bravo - 40 % bent decisions.

Is it fuck
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dub City » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:08 pm

He stood up and didn't guess a side, he guessed for the first pen in the shoot out v Scouse and it went in then stood up and reacted and saved the next 3. Wasn't a very well struck pen but he said they had studied Falcoa, maybe knew he likes to stutter run and role in when keeper moves and made him blink first. Either way, he saved it and was a cracking save with foot late on which could yet prove crucial.

I slated him many times in past for his fuck ups when was being brought in for the odd game in cups but was delighted to admit I was wrong after the cup final. I would like to see him staying as first choice for the rest of the season. After that, if we can improve number one spot, very happy for him to stay on as reserve / challenge the new keeper for starting spot.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:[

Is it fuck

Put the clown back in goal. See what happens.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Dub City wrote:

He stood up and didn't guess a side, he guessed for the first pen in the shoot out v Scouse and it went in then stood up and reacted and saved the next 3. Wasn't a very well struck pen but he said they had studied Falcoa, maybe knew he likes to stutter run and role in when keeper moves and made him blink first. Either way, he saved it and was a cracking save with foot late on which could yet prove crucial.

I slated him many times in past for his fuck ups when was being brought in for the odd game in cups but was delighted to admit I was wrong after the cup final. I would like to see him staying as first choice for the rest of the season. After that, if we can improve number one spot, very happy for him to stay on as reserve / challenge the new keeper for starting spot.

Have watched the highlights now, two good saves but perspective is needed, two awful efforts, just as I thought at the time.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:31 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:[

Is it fuck

Put the clown back in goal. See what happens.

Why would you put him back in? Caballero is showing decent form, Bravo's struggling. A blind man can see that.

That doesn't mean the criticism of Bravo isn't disproportionate. His lack of form has played a part in dropped points, no doubt, but it's nowhere near as much as you claim it to be.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Definitely deserves a new contract.He is a very good back up keeper.Personaly i like the bloke.Has made some very important penalty saves for us.We owe him a League Cup.Its the least we can do for him.As for Bravo pffffffft.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm

I like the way willy stands big when under pressure. He rarely flops does our willy.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:45 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I like the way willy stands big when under pressure. He rarely flops does our willy.
:D :D :D :D

“Yup” Big Willy stands up nice and tall, makes him self much bigger, attackers don’t like it, a very intimidating sight our Big Willy. :D :D :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Said it before will say it again .........

Willy not the best keeper in the world but what a pro and he has served us well . He absolutely gave everything last night and that is all we can ask , honest as the day is long .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum