was that our turning point?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: was that our turning point?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:45 pm

dazby wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:can feel the momentum building....

#believe

You are bipolar. What a turnaround.

whatever mate
the only thing i have ever questioned is the team's desire. heads dropped earlier this season. they are battling now. maybe being so far away you can't see that?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:08 pm

At the moment I am just enjoying the ride that is watching City.

Personally In my mind I thought our season was over a few weeks ago. I felt my expectations for this season were unrealistic.

Let me put this in to perspective before people jump on me. That doesn’t mean I stopped supporting City, or going to games. It just means I personally felt this season would be a fruitless one, because of the transition to Pep style of football, coupled with our well documented defensive inadequacies. That we would fall short in our quest for any silverware, I was even concerned about our top 4 finish. That still might very well be the case. It is not me being negative, just me being realistic. I will still be there next season regardless.

Anything is possible with City, i dont think we will ever change :D , when we went 2-1 down I thought the writing was on the wall. I think we all did. Yet we went on to be 5-3 winners against Europe in form side. How can anyone predict what we are going to do next game, never mind the rest of the season ?

Like I said just going to enjoy the ride. No point focusing on negatives that will be sorted the end of this season.Enjoy the football, Just get behind “all” the lads , and see what happens. Who saw that coming last night ?, With City anything really is possible, we should all know that by now. We could lose at home to Huddersfield next Wednesday, or beat them 6-0.

I have stopped putting City in my footy accumulators we are that unpredictable.I have called so many of our results wrong this season it is becoming embaressing :roll:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Justified logic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Until the next match, maybe.

'uddersfield?

we'll win 11-5!

A 10-1 would suit me if that 1 was straight through Bravo's legs and we never saw him pull on the shirt again.
Last edited by Justified logic on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:24 pm

sheblue wrote:No no no.
We need an organised defence. And we ain't got it.

This. Against a club with a better defence we wouldve lost last night.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 am

dazby wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:can feel the momentum building....

#believe

You are bipolar. What a turnaround.

:lol:
Original Dub

Postby PrezIke » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 am

Saul Goodman wrote:

Yet the game would have been vastly different. Monaco's attack is incredible, so team's with more an organised defence that exist probably would have not scored so many either.

Not too many teams out there like this.

Yet, we dall know we need defensive improvements.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:29 am

The signs were there when we played arsenal and everton. The latter game was a blip imo we should've won that game and if had been replayed ten times we wouls have won the other nine times. Winning the league requires us to lose at most four points from now on. But at least we're gonna get a stable champions league spot.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 am

I don't know. Second half against Monaco was amazing but they allowed us to play unlike any team in Premier League will. Their defending was beyond terrible. I'm still having nightmares about Huddersfield game.Beyond terrible.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm not sure we'll win anything this year, but I'm a lot more confident that we'll make top 4.
The turning point for me came when the penny dropped with Pep and he dropped Bravo.
I think there has been a difference since then.
The arrival of Jesus and the boost he gave our attack had me believing that maybe, just maybe, there was a slim chance of us catching Chelsea, but that enthusiasm has been dampened again by his injury.

Regardless, I think we will see plenty of defensive cock ups still between now and the end of the season but we are seeing something special forming at City and I think there is a feel good factor prevailing that wasn't there before Christmas.

Pep is learning as he experiments which is good enough for me. We are second in the Prem. , still in the FA & UCL cups all while he is still tinkering and the attacking football is becoming really special.

When he has a season under his belt and s few new players, I think we're in for a treat.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:02 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I'm not sure we'll win anything this year, but I'm a lot more confident that we'll make top 4.
The turning point for me came when the penny dropped with Pep and he dropped Bravo.
The arrival of Jesus and the boost he gave our attack had me believing that maybe, just maybe, there was a slim chance of us catching Chelsea, but that enthusiasm has been dampened again by his injury.

Regardless, I think we will see plenty of defensive cock ups still between now and the end of the season but we are seeing something special forming at City and I think there is a feel good factor prevailing that wasn't there before Christmas.

Pep is learning as he experiments which is good enough for me. We are second in the Prem. , still in the FA & UCL cups all while he is still tinkering and the attacking football is becoming really special.

When he has a season under his belt and s few new players, I think we're in for a treat.

Agree with all of that IWT
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I'm not sure we'll win anything this year, but I'm a lot more confident that we'll make top 4.

Agree with all of that IWT

Absolutely.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:57 am

Saul Goodman wrote:

Against a team with a weaker attack we wouldn't have conceded 3 goals. You can only beat what's in front of you and we sure as hell did that. I go to football matches to be entertained and Tuesday's game was one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen. Can't wait for more of the same in 3 weeks' time
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:30 am

freshie wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Against a team with a weaker attack we wouldn't have conceded 3 goals. You can only beat what's in front of you and we sure as hell did that. I go to football matches to be entertained and Tuesday's game was one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen. Can't wait for more of the same in 3 weeks' time

Agreed. It was fucking brilliant. Shame about the officiating, but that's part of our games now.
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:15 pm

freshie wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

It's an old adage but it's always valid, none more so than last Tuesday night, which we accomplished in some style.

I also reckon that, apart from City fans, the Monaco supporters, as well as the footballing world in general, will be licking their lips at the prospects on offer in three weeks time.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Well of course it isn't.

45 minutes against Monaco.
45 minutes against Arsenal.
45 minutes against Barcelona.

Nope, none of them were. I thought the real turning point was the 2-2 against Spurs, a game I enjoyed more than all of those three because I didn't have to endure 45 minutes of a shit stain excuse for football like I did in the other 3 games.

We played well obviously against West Ham and against a tough Bournemouth side, both of which could be held up as better examples of turning a corner.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum