***pep's city v monaco official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***pep's city v monaco official match thread***

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ottamendi - this prick should never be anywhere near our first team , he has got to be the worst shit head defender we have ever had.

Hes a fuckign liability ala Bravo standard.I hate seeing him in our line up.

Agree.

It is almost impossible for Stones to grew up as a footballer alongside Otamendi, a player who is on panic mode every single game. All over the place and a constant ticking bomb. We need a leader in the defence who can help Stones grew as a player. Otamendi is not that and will never be.

His reaction at their second goal is without any comment.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby s1ty m » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 pm

I've seen some great games over the years. That spectacle last night was right up there. Absolutely amazing. Hats off to both teams. Carnival football.

And yes, Otamendi is shocking. Not Kolarov shocking, but still shocking.

Sane? This lad can play, immeasurable potential.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dub City » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:16 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ottamendi - this prick should never be anywhere near our first team , he has got to be the worst shit head defender we have ever had.

Spot on. The lack of awareness on their second goal is shocking for any standard of defender, then done again for the pen. Can argue all we want over if its a pen or not, either way he let Falcoa go again from a ball which shouldn't have caught him out. For his great sliding tackles that happen 3 times a season and have neutrals claiming him a smashing defender, usually cause he is out of position and trying to recover, there is 5 blatant errors. If he makes us all this nervous when we see him in the line up, how do you think Stones feels playing beside him? Not proclaiming stones to be the saviour or yet a top centre half yet but given time and a reliable partner there is a chance he can be. Problem as I see it is, we cant defend with Kompany leading the side and he cant stay fit. We need at least 3 new defenders.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:18 pm

s1ty m wrote:I've seen some great games over the years. That spectacle last night was right up there. Absolutely amazing. Hats off to both teams. Carnival football.

Kolarov didn't play but a match thread wouldn't be the same without a dig at him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Dub City wrote:

Spot on. The lack of awareness on their second goal is shocking for any standard of defender, then done again for the pen. Can argue all we want over if its a pen or not, either way he let Falcoa go again from a ball which shouldn't have caught him out. For his great sliding tackles that happen 3 times a season and have neutrals claiming him a smashing defender, usually cause he is out of position and trying to recover, there is 5 blatant errors. If he makes us all this nervous when we see him in the line up, how do you think Stones feels playing beside him? Not proclaiming stones to be the saviour or yet a top centre half yet but given time and a reliable partner there is a chance he can be. Problem as I see it is, we cant defend with Kompany leading the side and he cant stay fit. We need at least 3 new defenders.

BT highlights prog blamed Willy for their second by Mbappe - he scored on the 6yd box which should have been covered by the keeper according to Clive Allen
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:05 pm

A great game, I really enjoyed it, all of it.. Don’t understand why some fans i spoke to are being hyper-critical of our defending in this game. I can understand being critical, when these unforced errors are against some of the shit sides we play week in week out, but this was Monaco ffs. Their high pressure game is geared to force errors, see how they pressed us on the edge of our Box at the start. Their attack was nearly as good as ours (only nearly).

I think Perspective is needed, going in to this game “Free scoring” Monaco were the form team in Europe. We put 5 goals past them” let that sink in”. And if not for the usual bent UEFA officiating we are now used to,we would have run out even more worthy winners. We have known for a while our defence is not up to scratch. If it were then we would rightly be strong favourites for this tournament. I reckon when we sort our defence properly our front 6 are going to be feared in Europe. I also think Monaco have the building blocks of a very good side if they can hang on to their young players.

I heard that cunt Ferdinand was jumping all over the BT studio when Falcoa score for Monaco. Not sure if it’s true or not. If it is, then it is fucking disgraceful that an ex-England international is dancing around a studio when an English team goes behind against European opposition. You Dirty camel Gobbed filthy red bastard. About time we had only EX-City players in the studio for our games instead of filthy scum like this. Fucking sick to death with Rag sycophants commentating on all our games.

Well done Pep, well done City. Thanks for giving us a memorable night. I also thought our crowd was excellent last night, even when we went behind. A night to remember for sure.

I think PEP now inderstands why we despise UEFA.

You gotta love City.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby s1ty m » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Great post zabbadabbado.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:40 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:A great game, I really enjoyed it, all of it.. Don’t understand why some fans i spoke to are being hyper-critical of our defending in this game. I can understand being critical, when these unforced errors are against some of the shit sides we play week in week out, but this was Monaco ffs. Their high pressure game is geared to force errors, see how they pressed us on the edge of our Box at the start. Their attack was nearly as good as ours (only nearly).

I think Perspective is needed, going in to this game “Free scoring” Monaco were the form team in Europe. We put 5 goals past them” let that sink in”. And if not for the usual bent UEFA officiating we are now used to,we would have run out even more worthy winners. We have known for a while our defence is not up to scratch. If it were then we would rightly be strong favourites for this tournament. I reckon when we sort our defence properly our front 6 are going to be feared in Europe. I also think Monaco have the building blocks of a very good side if they can hang on to their young players.

I heard that cunt Ferdinand was jumping all over the BT studio when Falcoa score for Monaco. Not sure if it’s true or not. If it is, then it is fucking disgraceful that an ex-England international is dancing around a studio when an English team goes behind against European opposition. You Dirty camel Gobbed filthy red bastard. About time we had only EX-City players in the studio for our games instead of filthy scum like this. Fucking sick to death with Rag sycophants commentating on all our games.

Well done Pep, well done City. Thanks for giving us a memorable night. I also thought our crowd was excellent last night, even when we went behind. A night to remember for sure.

You gotta love City.

The Ferdinand thing will be true he was giving all the "naaaah man, dat was naughty bruv" shit about the falcao goal on twitter. He said something similar post match as well. Hes a fucking prick.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:41 pm

...... it was an imense finish, fair play to Falcao but ferdinand can fuck off.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby aristation » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Today is a day to reflect and say a two goal lead however many away goals they have got is a great result against a team in top form. A great night for us in the stands (eventually) and a good base to go to Monaco and score at least three more!
Proud to be blue today (as always)
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:11 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:A great game, I really enjoyed it, all of it.. Don’t understand why some fans i spoke to are being hyper-critical of our defending in this game. I can understand being critical, when these unforced errors are against some of the shit sides we play week in week out, but this was Monaco ffs. Their high pressure game is geared to force errors, see how they pressed us on the edge of our Box at the start. Their attack was nearly as good as ours (only nearly).

You gotta love City.

We are truely awful at the back versus pace , Zabba made a huge difference when he came on ,bite and experience plus gave the ref a right fucking in his native Spanish pure leadership ! When we get it right at the back how good are we going to be next season ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:27 pm

City64 wrote:

You gotta love City.

We are truely awful at the back versus pace , Zabba made a huge difference when he came on ,bite and experience plus gave the ref a right fucking in his native Spanish pure leadership ! When we get it right at the back how good are we going to be next season ?

Does anybody think that this experiment with Fernandinho playing as some sort of pseudo left back is not working because it looked like it wasn't from where I was standing. Overall though (apart from the officials attempts to win the match for Monaco) a brilliant match and atmosphere last night.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:38 pm

City64 wrote:

You gotta love City.

I just think we have arrived at a point this season where there is no point keep over analyzing errors like some of us do, “It is what it is” .It is more than obvious there is going to be fundamental changes at the back the end of this season. I still think with Pep style, even with upgrades in defensive personnel, we are going to have to get used to the occasional brain fart in our defence.

I really enjoyed last night’s game; ironically I enjoyed all of it. If not for those defensive mistakes, I doubt both sides would have thought “fuck it” we are going to try and out score each other. Was great to watch. Even Rags I know have said it was one of the best Champions League games they have seen for a long time.

I think some fans focus too much on negatives to really enjoy the positives. We know our defence aint great, But our attack is sumptuous. We win anything this season with our defence it will be a bonus. Still some of the attacking football has been sublime, great to watch.

Like you say, next season we will have improved defensively significantly. With our talent up top, I think we could be the real deal in Europe, I think we could be European Champions. Not saying it wont happen this season, just think it unlikely with our current defence.

As you well know all successful sides are based on a solid defence.

Watch city go on and win the Champions League this season by winning 6-5 in the Monaco away leg, winning 5-4, and 6-3, in the last 8. 4-3 and 5-4 in the last 4 etc etc,Wouldnt suprise me tbh :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
City64 wrote:

You gotta love City.

Does anybody think that this experiment with Fernandinho playing as some sort of pseudo left back is not working because it looked like it wasn't from where I was standing. Overall though (apart from the officials attempts to win the match for Monaco) a brilliant match and atmosphere last night.

With Fern1 pep usually switches to a back 3 several times and the formation becomes fluid , last night it didn't work and we couldn't cope with Monaco,s pace as many clubs also can't . Credit to pep for changing it and Zabba made a huge difference at a crucial stage of the game , proper warrior nd experience !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:28 pm

As an aside, people have been talking about the 'away goals' rule. I should point out, it's not beyond the realms off possibility after watching the two respective defences and attacks, WE could actually go through on away goals.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:36 pm

An outstanding game, really! But in my own opinion two things must change: 1) No more booes and whistles during the CL hymn before games, or every ref will support the other squad! 2) Our board needs to tell Pep to be less aggressive with our players - expecially Caballero! - and the officials. Our yesterday performance was something special, I can't wait for my trip to Montecarlo on next 15th March to watch another crazy crazy match! #CTWD
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:37 pm

I was on the train up. o Glasgow today with time to kill, so I ventured into rag cafe and looked at their 100 page thread on the champions league games. Wow. Just Wow. If any rag twat calls any of you bitter or obsessed ever again. Just point them to that thread. Well it certainly entertained me because I knew the outcome but my God they are bad.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BookJunior » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:47 pm

s1ty m wrote:I've seen some great games over the years. That spectacle last night was right up there. Absolutely amazing. Hats off to both teams. Carnival football.

This result is up there with slaughtering the rags 1-6, 5-1 and 4-0, FCB 3-1 and AC Milan over 2 legs.

I still have the buzz from last night.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Anyone who watched that game last night couldn't have failed to be impressed, excited and overawed by everything about it.

Even those with an anti-City bias/agenda would have to grudgingly admit that it ranked alongside some of the greatest Champions League games ever played.

I bet all the neutrals, worldwide or wherever, didn't want it to end and all the Scum devotees everywhere must be wondering why their own Swampland All Stars can't produce memorable football like that.

Wonderful Manchester City, football's great entertainers.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:An outstanding game, really! But in my own opinion two things must change: 1) No more booes and whistles during the CL hymn before games, or every ref will support the other squad! 2) Our board needs to tell Pep to be less aggressive with our players - expecially Caballero! - and the officials. Our yesterday performance was something special, I can't wait for my trip to Montecarlo on next 15th March to watch another crazy crazy match! #CTWD

With all due respect mate (you're a decent poster around here) but if the people are paying the money to go to the match and they are the same people that booked flights and hotels for Russia and couldn't get money back for example, why shouldn't they boo?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum