Other matches FACup 5th round

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other matches FACup 5th round

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Dameerto wrote:Pogba made to look bang average by a Blackburn player. Got to love it. Pity for them they had to mortgage the stadium to buy him.

Not according to Darken and the panel, they were all gushing about the best midfielder in the world. Funny, I can't seem to see what they're all raving about. In fact, I don't even see him being the best midfielder at the Rags.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:50 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Pogba made to look bang average by a Blackburn player. Got to love it. Pity for them they had to mortgage the stadium to buy him.

Not according to Darken and the panel, they were all gushing about the best midfielder in the world. Funny, I can't seem to see what they're all raving about. In fact, I don't even see him being the best midfielder at the Rags.

I was amazed yesterday with the shit they spouted about him.

He controls the ball and they make out he's scored a 40 yard over head kick whilst being blind folded.

Its amazing that you can have someone like David Silva who runs the show for 90 minutes and doesn't get a mention, yet a rag just runs on the pitch and he gets man of the match.

no agenda here....move along please.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:49 pm

C'mon Sutton.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:02 pm

can you imagine how many injuries we'd pick up playing on this surface?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:can you imagine how many injuries we'd pick up playing on this surface?!

Apparently Welbeck is not playing for this reason
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Arsenal 1 up looks like the upset is on.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Spurge » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Sutton have bottled it so far. I saw that Arsenal line up (which is described as strong apparently) and thought where are the leaders in this team? But Sutton instead of making life uncomfortable have sat back and let Arsenal have far too much of the ball and spread it about.

I get the numbers behind the ball bit but Lincoln and millwall won their ties by getting at the opposition in their half. We saw what happened when they closed down ospina there is no backbone in this Arsenal side.

If Sutton want this they need to press higher up the pitch and show more belief.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Woodyblue » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:46 pm

Congrats to Sutton. Not embarrassed by any standard. Loved the shot of their reserve goalkeeper eating a pie while sat on the bench.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Spurge wrote:Sutton have bottled it so far. I saw that Arsenal line up (which is described as strong apparently) and thought where are the leaders in this team? But Sutton instead of making life uncomfortable have sat back and let Arsenal have far too much of the ball and spread it about.

I get the numbers behind the ball bit but Lincoln and millwall won their ties by getting at the opposition in their half. We saw what happened when they closed down ospina there is no backbone in this Arsenal side.

If Sutton want this they need to press higher up the pitch and show more belief.

All about opinion mate but it was the quality that shone through. Playing one of the big teams always puts players of their ilk in the headlights and to go up against those players, regardless of leaders, is a big ask.

Sutton have done well to get this far, and this is where the romance is embraced.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Spurge » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Spurge wrote:Sutton have bottled it so far. I saw that Arsenal line up (which is described as strong apparently) and thought where are the leaders in this team? But Sutton instead of making life uncomfortable have sat back and let Arsenal have far too much of the ball and spread it about.

All about opinion mate but it was the quality that shone through. Playing one of the big teams always puts players of their ilk in the headlights and to go up against those players, regardless of leaders, is a big ask.

Sutton have done well to get this far, and this is where the romance is embraced.

They have done well they did do well and that was enough for them on the night which is fair enough.

I just saw a real opportunity for them to use the pitch, the intense pressure Arsenal have put themselves under and the lack of steel in that Arsenal team to their advantage and put them under pressure from the first whistle and they didn't do that.

Arsenal played some nice stuff at times but made a lot of mistakes as well that weren't punished. It just seemed to me respectability was only ever Sutton's aim they never believed they could win which meant as a spectacle from a neutral point of view for me the game didn't live up to expectation.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby bigblue » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:10 am

Woodyblue wrote:Congrats to Sutton. Not embarrassed by any standard. Loved the shot of their reserve goalkeeper eating a pie while sat on the bench.

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Woodyblue » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:06 am

bigblue wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:Congrats to Sutton. Not embarrassed by any standard. Loved the shot of their reserve goalkeeper eating a pie while sat on the bench.

Ha ha. Cheers mate. Pure class
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Dameerto » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Woodyblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

He's being investigated for possible breach of gambling laws - a firm offered 8 to 1 odds that he'd eat a pie on camera at some point during normal time. Sounds like a bit of light hearted banter from him but he could be in trouble.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

He's being investigated for possible breach of gambling laws - a firm offered 8 to 1 odds that he'd eat a pie on camera at some point during normal time. Sounds like a bit of light hearted banter from him but he could be in trouble.

seems like a bit of an attention seeking tool. he was also pictured in the bar at half time.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

seems like a bit of an attention seeking tool. he was also pictured in the bar at half time.

Apparently he has since had to resign from the club lol.
Personally I would've just let him have his five minutes of fame. Especially as now we can't do the player swap Bravo for this fella anymore :-(
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Can anyone give Bravo a pie to munch on?After twenty minutes would do
nottsblue

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:Can anyone give Bravo a pie to munch on?After twenty minutes would do

He'd probably drop it...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:52 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Can anyone give Bravo a pie to munch on?After twenty minutes would do

He'd probably drop it...

Cmon that deserves a round of applause, tough crowd tonight LB2!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:22 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

He'd probably drop it...

Indeed. I thought it was pretty witty if I do say so. :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:26 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

He'd probably drop it...

Indeed. I thought it was pretty witty if I do say so. :lol:

Made me chuckle
nottsblue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum