The magic of the cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The magic of the cup

Postby CuteMancs » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:07 pm

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The magic of the cup

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Thanks CM. If I recall correctly, the last time we played Huddersfield in the cup we beat them 3-1, strangely enough in the fifth round. We then went on to lose 4-0 at home to the dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:31 am

Glad to see you cut out the 20 odd page obsession with it being a record crowd CM :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby The Maine Man » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Well done Lincoln. Dead cert to face the Rags in the quarters (assuming they get there).
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Spurge » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:Thanks CM. If I recall correctly, the last time we played Huddersfield in the cup we beat them 3-1,strangely enough in the fifth round. We then went on to lose 4-0 at home to the dippers

It was 3-0 at the third time of asking. A midweek fixture at their place in the rain - no roof on our stand. Also remembered for their fans kicking off at half time with themselves and the police. And after the match it kicking off in a very muddy car park close to the ground.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Spurge wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Thanks CM. If I recall correctly, the last time we played Huddersfield in the cup we beat them 3-1,strangely enough in the fifth round. We then went on to lose 4-0 at home to the dippers

It was 3-0 at the third time of asking. A midweek fixture at their place in the rain - no roof on our stand. Also remembered for their fans kicking off at half time with themselves and the police. And after the match it kicking off in a very muddy car park close to the ground.

I am remembering a different game then. I thought it was 1988 the last time we met in the cup. My bad if I'm wrong then
nottsblue

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Spurge wrote:

That post brings back a lot of memories, thank you.

I was stood near the front and was wet through from the chest up and perfectly dry below. That's how packed the end was. I looked behind me and everyone was steaming. I don't remember the first two goals (or any trouble outside) but I remember Clive Wilson smacking in the third. That was a great evening.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby branny » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Spurge wrote:

I was stood near the front and was wet through from the chest up and perfectly dry below. That's how packed the end was. I looked behind me and everyone was steaming. I don't remember the first two goals (or any trouble outside) but I remember Clive Wilson smacking in the third. That was a great evening.

It was a long time ago so I'll clear it up. I kept a video of the games and highlights from around this time. Dug the tape out and had a look because I was sure this was on it.

The tie was a 3rd Rd tie. We drew 2-2 away, then 0-0 at home. Second replay was on a Monday night 25th Jan 88 (had to look the day up). Scorers were Hinchcliffe, White and Varadi. Clive Wilson had gone by then. 4th round we beat Blackpool after a replay, 5th round we beat Plymouth before bowing out to the Dippers.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:02 pm

branny wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Spurge wrote:

It was a long time ago so I'll clear it up. I kept a video of the games and highlights from around this time. Dug the tape out and had a look because I was sure this was on it.

The tie was a 3rd Rd tie. We drew 2-2 away, then 0-0 at home. Second replay was on a Monday night 25th Jan 88 (had to look the day up). Scorers were Hinchcliffe, White and Varadi. Clive Wilson had gone by then. 4th round we beat Blackpool after a replay, 5th round we beat Plymouth before bowing out to the Dippers.

The Clive Wilson one must have been in the league then. Maybe. It's a long, long time ago and I went to a lot of away matches around that time.

Thanks, mate.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
branny wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Spurge wrote:

The Clive Wilson one must have been in the league then. Maybe. It's a long, long time ago and I went to a lot of away matches around that time.

Thanks, mate.

Clearly old age is playing tricks with my memory. Could've sworn we beat Huddersfield and not Plymouth in round 5. Still, thanks for clearing up my error Branny and Spurge. Let's hope history does repeat itself and we progress after the replay
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Blackburn just gone one up !!!!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City